Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:14:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335242 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGz you want HD'd/Remade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: RPGz you want HD'd/Remade  (Read 11385 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »

I'm not big on remakes but if there's a game that could really use one I'd say it's Xenogears.  Mainly because
1) gameplay needs tweaking.  you should be able to skip or speed up text speed, battles, etc.  it's too slow and I think some speed up or skip options would make the game much better.  this is the main thing keeping me from doing a 2nd play
2) disk 2 should be fixed.  this would require a ton of new content like new towns/dungeons and stuff though. 

I'd play a lavishly-produced AAA Xenogears in a heartbeat. I hated the original's "game" aspect, but the music and story... yum.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2012, 01:08:57 AM »

A Star Ocean 2 full-blown remake with SO4's battle system, which I was quite partial to.

I'd love for a Vita compilation of the original .hack quadrilogy, as well as Arc the Lad 1 & 2. Perhaps just combine 1 and 2 and make it just one seamless game.

And I don't care what anyone else says, I'd love a Baldur's Gate remake. Both 1 AND 2. I'd still want it to be isometric, but with updated graphics and perhaps added features.

SaGa Frontier 3DS remake. Re-implemented Fuse quest. Re-add Blue's original ending. Plus some new (character unique?) sidequests to make up for the other cut content (which really needed to have been cut, judging by the Ultimania guide).

I agree with Mesh's suggestion as well. A SaGa Frontier remake would be wonderful for a handheld.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:13:10 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2012, 06:40:03 AM »

Dragon Quest VIII HD. PS3 and Vita. Make it happen, Square-Enix. You know, after you make that FF X HD that allegedly still exists.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2012, 07:39:58 AM »

nd I don't care what anyone else says, I'd love a Baldur's Gate remake. Both 1 AND 2. I'd still want it to be isometric, but with updated graphics and perhaps added features.

Well there is always Baldur's Gate Extended Edition. Presumably they will eventually get to Baldur's Gate 2 Extended Edition.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »

Grandia
Dark Cloud 2 - My favorite rpg of all time.  I forgot to eat playing this game.

Of course I would much rather have a new hd game in the series rather than a remake.

Ah, yeah ditto for these games too, especially Dark Cloud 2. I remember specifically being obsessed with Spheda for some reason.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2012, 07:24:23 PM »

Man, do you know how many fingers I would give to have a saga remake? 6, cuz I only need 4 to play the game.

TASTY!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2012, 12:53:04 AM »

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber on any current gen console, maybe even a handheld. It was my favorite game for n64 actually, curious to see how many people have played it.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 03:17:08 PM »

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber on any current gen console, maybe even a handheld. It was my favorite game for n64 actually, curious to see how many people have played it.

I loved it actually!! I recall it being one of my favorite N64 titles... but I can't recall much of it seeing as how I think I was 11 when it came out.... Even if it doesn't get an HD make-over, I totally agree this title needs to see the light of day somewhere again... some network downloadable somewhere.... More pressing to me in terms of availability is Vay from the sega cd era... I will not play vay on my iphone, its just not right....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »

It's on the Virtual Console on the Wii.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »

It's on the Virtual Console on the Wii.

Vay???... or Ogre Battle?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2012, 03:29:51 PM »

Ogre Battle.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 08:09:31 AM »

HD port of Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Apparently this is one of those famous Japanese games where the original source code was lost.

Which sucks.
It sucks to the max.

Indeed it does.  But can you blame a guy for wishful thinking, especially in a thread like this? 

Oh, and I'll +1 Legend of Dragoon.  Playing that again on PSN recently made me realize how underrated the game is.  It's a good game.  A better localization, tweak up the battle system so pulling off additions isn't so finicky, HD graphics and sound (the music is so good), and we'll have a winner.

Besides these, more wishful thinking would be Final Fantasy V: Advance on Virtual Console.  That's the definitive version of FF5 for me, and I'd rather play it on the big screens of my 3DS XL than the tiny dim screens of my fat DS (which I still keep because of the GBA slot.) 

There are some rumblings about a possible new Shantae game for 3DS.  Hopefully it comes out, and I would like to see the first Shantae game get HD'd.  That game was awesome. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2013, 09:18:45 AM »

Rumblings? It's already official.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »

Niiice!  

EDIT: And seeing it on Nintendo's eShop, I got the nostalgic feelings for Gargoyle's Quest.  I remember that game being really tough for me as a kid, but it was fun and screamed for a bigger screen with colorful visuals.  I remember liking the music too, particularly the overworld theme. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:28:52 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 12:41:42 PM »

Niiice!  

EDIT: And seeing it on Nintendo's eShop, I got the nostalgic feelings for Gargoyle's Quest.  I remember that game being really tough for me as a kid, but it was fun and screamed for a bigger screen with colorful visuals.  I remember liking the music too, particularly the overworld theme. 
Nostalgia overload! I loved that game. Yeah, it was tough, but that was back when I didn't mind it. It DID have good music, and the visuals would rock in color and a bigger screen. Someone colorize it, HD it, and PS3 it, and I'm there! Bit of a tall order, huh?

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: