Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 12:05:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331779 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGz you want HD'd/Remade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: RPGz you want HD'd/Remade  (Read 10529 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »

Niiice!  

EDIT: And seeing it on Nintendo's eShop, I got the nostalgic feelings for Gargoyle's Quest.  I remember that game being really tough for me as a kid, but it was fun and screamed for a bigger screen with colorful visuals.  I remember liking the music too, particularly the overworld theme. 

We're also getting the first on the VC eventually, though that is a straight port rather than an update.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2013, 04:41:24 PM »

EDIT: And seeing it on Nintendo's eShop, I got the nostalgic feelings for Gargoyle's Quest.  I remember that game being really tough for me as a kid, but it was fun and screamed for a bigger screen with colorful visuals.  I remember liking the music too, particularly the overworld theme. 

Also this already happened decades ago. Demon's Crest is a really fun game and the best of the three Red Arremer games. Not sure if its on the VC or not though.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »

It's not on the VC. Nor is Gargoyle's Quest II. Really wish they were on there, though.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2013, 05:27:13 PM »

Then along with my wishful thinking for a HD port of Panzer Dragoon Saga, an HD version of Legend of Dragoon with some tweaks, Final Fantasy V: Advance on Nintendo's eShop for download, and an HD port of the first Shantae game, I will put enhanced versions of the Gargoyle's Quest trilogy in my wishful thinking list. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »

After finishing Phantasy Star Generation I for the PS2... I'd like a /good/ remake of PSI.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »

Also this already happened decades ago. Demon's Crest is a really fun game and the best of the three Red Arremer games. Not sure if its on the VC or not though.

It's also brutally hard, even more than the first two Gargoyle's Quest games. That stupid headbutting mini-game was nearly the end of me. I did really like the different Gargoyle forms though, and the best ending was really, really cool. I would like to see it and the two Gargoyle's Quest games on the VC. That would be plenty for me considering I gave up hope for a new Firebrand game years ago.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2013, 12:38:59 AM »

After finishing Phantasy Star Generation I for the PS2... I'd like a /good/ remake of PSI.

Aw come on, the remake was pretty good!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2013, 03:12:39 AM »

The problem may be how would you properly remake something like those first four now?

... Well, I'd at least like them to preserve that 80s/early 90s sci-fi anime feel as much as they can, and III could be made to mesh better with the rest, but I just don't trust Sega as they are now to do a good job there.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2013, 03:44:52 AM »

The problem may be how would you properly remake something like those first four now?

... Well, I'd at least like them to preserve that 80s/early 90s sci-fi anime feel as much as they can, and III could be made to mesh better with the rest, but I just don't trust Sega as they are now to do a good job there.

*pictures Rhys, Nei, and all the rest of PS2's cast hijinks-ing it up in a Japanese High School*

(Although given their personalities, you could slot them right in with almost no fuss. Rolf takes the protagonists' seat by the window so no NPCs need to be drawn, Nei is the mysterious transfer student that takes up residence right behind him, Rudo is the buddy next to Rolf and constant wingman, Amy is the librarian's aide, Hugo is the guy who only shows up at lunch time and is humorously ignored, Anna is the class rep, Kain is the guy in the automotive repair club, Shir is the athletic girl, Nei-First randomly shows up to wreck havoc and causes Nei to get expelled, Lutz is the old mentor who teaches Rolf karate's ultimate move the Neihameiha Medigo, Dark Force is the evil gang leader, Mother Brain is the dark magic possessed trophy henchwoman of Dark Force who helplessly fights for her master after he is defeated and is the true final boss, the people of earth are aliens from the Algo star system, and the Musik teacher is still gay.)

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2013, 03:12:40 PM »

I'd be okay with a PS2 remake as long as they kept the awesome 16 bit shop music.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2013, 08:55:13 PM »

Mother Brain is also the teacher of the class.

Also possibly reincarnated Hitler because apparently that happens in like every anime.

(Brian May inexplicably guest stars).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2013, 05:40:01 AM »

Mother Brain is also the teacher of the class.

Also possibly reincarnated Hitler because apparently that happens in like every anime.

(Brian May inexplicably guest stars).

I figure that the homeroom teacher is the guy who blows himself up early on after killing his own daughter because she was an idiot (I mean, yeah she was trying to prove a point, but it was still dumb).

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 10:01:49 AM »

So who here guessed Wind Waker as an RPG needing an HD edition?

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »

So who here guessed Wind Waker as an RPG needing an HD edition?

Not really, but it is a welcome surprise. Love that game.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 11:08:43 AM »

I'd be okay with a PS2 remake as long as they kept the awesome 16 bit shop music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CapKU1hu8PY&list=PL10762562DA67B3C9&index=10

Later, Ace.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: