Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:34:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319582 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGz you want HD'd/Remade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: RPGz you want HD'd/Remade  (Read 8350 times)
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2013, 07:38:57 PM »

The new (relatively speaking) Pool of Radiance was pretty wonky, if I recall. At least it had Elmo.

That's the game with the infamous bug in the uninstaller that would remove your Windows folder as well as the game itself.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »

If they did remake them, I'd get them if they left the old gameplay relatively intact. Some updates are okay to make them more polished and intuitive, of course, but I'd love to play them with the old style mechanics.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:19 PM »

Don't know how I failed to put this in this thread til now.

LIVE A LIVE

S-E needs to make a 3DS port with nothing more than enhancements of the sprites and some cool 3D animation effects in-battle.

And then bring it out in English.

Instant win.

Also, the Quintet action RPG trilogy (Soul Blazer / Illusion of Gaia / Terranigma).

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2013, 09:42:46 PM »

Throw the Granstream Saga in there because it was intended to be the spiritual successor to the series. Of spiritual successors.

But, yeah, the Quintet Quartet deserves so much more than it got. And Terranigma really needs a better translation. It just implodes at the end.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2013, 11:22:42 PM »

The new (relatively speaking) Pool of Radiance was pretty wonky, if I recall. At least it had Elmo.

That's the game with the infamous bug in the uninstaller that would remove your Windows folder as well as the game itself.

As infuriating as I might find that, I also would probably laugh.

"OUR UNINSTALLER DOESN'T TAKE ANY SHIT. GOT FILES? FUCK YOU! THEY'RE GONE!"

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2013, 06:28:50 AM »

Throw the Granstream Saga in there because it was intended to be the spiritual successor to the series. Of spiritual successors.

But, yeah, the Quintet Quartet deserves so much more than it got. And Terranigma really needs a better translation. It just implodes at the end.

More like the Quintet Quintet as Soul Blazer was in of itself, a spiritual successor to Actraiser (which could be in HD as well). Plus they'd have to remake The Granstream Saga into a game that doesn't suck.

And speaking of which, lets see some Lunar and Grandia in HD. Hell, Grandia practically begs it given how the games consist entirely of moving from one set piece to the next, might as well make them jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2013, 07:13:59 AM »

LIVE A LIVE

S-E needs to make a 3DS port with nothing more than enhancements of the sprites and some cool 3D animation effects in-battle.

Instant win.
THIS! LIVE A LIVE is a great game which really needs to get a rerelease and translation.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2013, 07:51:42 AM »

LIVE A LIVE

Instant win.
THIS! LIVE A LIVE is a great game which really needs to get a rerelease and translation.

Indeed. Live A Live was amazing. A true hidden gem.

Not sure if its been said already, but I'd love for Princess Crown to be remade. The graphics could use an upgrade (Those sprites were gorgeous opnce, but not anymore...), and the gameplay could use a few refinements, IIRC, though I don't remember exactly how. It was a really good game already, even without knowing the story, but it could be fantastic with a remake.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Akito

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2013, 09:53:51 AM »

Any non online Phantasy Star remake would be great....I'll even take III. Sega can take that art/graphics style from Valkyria Chronicles and use it on a Phantasy Star or even Skies of Arcadia (most fitting).

Also, Camelot Software Planning can make a killing if they'd take a break from Nintendo sports games and bring back the real Shining series. One can dream...
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2013, 01:01:42 PM »

Ooh, a Martian Sucessor Nadesico fan! I always loved that show, and that avatar brings back memories.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a remake of Phantasy Star II that I could tolerate. There's a diamond in that rough somewhere...

I kinda don't want a Shining Force IV, though. I feel like Valkyria Chronicles has picked up that torch, and I'm liking where they're going with it.

Akito

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »

Thanks! It was the good ol days of space opera, surprised someone recognized it!

You're right about VC carrying on the torch, maybe throw in some Vandals into the next one! Golden Sun usually fills my Camelot/Motoi Sakuraba needs anyways.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2013, 07:34:22 AM »

Thanks! It was the good ol days of space opera, surprised someone recognized it!

You're right about VC carrying on the torch, maybe throw in some Vandals into the next one! Golden Sun usually fills my Camelot/Motoi Sakuraba needs anyways.

When I see Nadesico I tend to remember that awful Prince of Darkness movie and how it doomed the series to being early to mid game filler units in SRW games.

That said, another game that I would like to see with an HD remake would be Bahamut Lagoon.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Akito

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2013, 11:50:14 AM »

[/quote]
When I see Nadesico I tend to remember that awful Prince of Darkness movie and how it doomed the series to being early to mid game filler units in SRW games.
[/quote]

So true and so sad, haha.

Anyone remember Landstalker? A reboot/remake of that would be nice as well.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2013, 06:54:01 PM »

A remake of Landstalker with a turnable camera, or at least a different perspective, would be great. It was a good game, just the platforming was really frustrating.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »

Not an RPG, but the Fear Effect games HD'd would kick ass.

I approve of this nonsense!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: