Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 12:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334400 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 104521 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: October 08, 2014, 10:47:02 AM »

Code:
Agreed. Guys should be able to enjoy hot springs without being turned in yaoi fodder (or being the joke reward for players who half-ass sidequests).
As funny as some of it was, I felt bad for them.

Now that I think about it, Ar Tonelico 2 probably had some of the most, well, non-sexual bath scenes in games ever.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1576 on: October 13, 2014, 09:45:48 PM »

I know I'm late to the party, very late actually, but I just beat Tales of Xillia. In short I liked it so much I decided to write a review for it, my personal thoughts on where I think the game shines and where it could be better.
If anyone would like to check it out, I'd really appreciate it.

So, after enjoying the game so much I'm wondering on getting Xillia 2. The question is if now or later. For those who have played it, is it too similar because if it is I might get burned out a little bit.
I saw some reviews saying many areas are the same but are the characters and all worth it for me to jump straight into the sequel I perhaps I should give it some more time.

Oh, and how does the sequel compare to the original? About the same?

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1577 on: October 13, 2014, 10:31:14 PM »

It's very similar. You revisit the entirety of Xillia 1 with only 2-3 new towns and, maybe, 4-5 new field areas? It's incredibly recycled.

It is good, but I'd probably suggest a break first.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1578 on: October 14, 2014, 12:32:24 PM »

I see. Well, good thing I decided to ask. As fun as the combat is seeing the same scenery all the time kind of gets to you.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1579 on: October 14, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »

Yeah, give it 6 months or so before playing Xillia 2. Some people I've spoken to played them in succession and enjoyed them, but I can easily see getting burned out on it.  Giving some time in-between games also lets you more greatly appreciate the changes in character development and the world, methinks,
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1580 on: October 14, 2014, 03:59:36 PM »

And it will make it easier to make the switch to the slightly different battlesystem. When I don't put a few different games in between Tales games I always make stupid mistakes during battle.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1581 on: October 16, 2014, 09:42:55 PM »

Well I've said it a number of times already but Xillia 2 really has a hold on me guys. Usually when I finish a game, I put it down for awhile. Rarely do I consider taking on post game challenges and usually put it off for some time.

Well I was gonna start Lost Odyssey and get to post game Xillia 2 at a later date. But I simply can't get it out of my head. For the first time, in a long time, I have moved swiftly into post game only a week or two after getting the good and normal endings. I can't even think of the last game that coaxed me into post game content immediately like this.

So on that note, what do you guys suggest I move towards first. The arena or paying off my debt? Additionally am I shooting myself in the foot here in terms of commitment? I want to get the last two endings but I don't want to sign off on another months worth of this game (amazing as it has proved to be for me).

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1582 on: October 17, 2014, 12:48:28 AM »

Paying off your debt will come naturally as you go through the optional dungeon.  Just keep Leia in your party (Gald double skill) and keep the same skill equipped on Ludger.  Then eat Gald+ food.  You'll be at 20 million in no time at all.  That paired with the money from the Hard Mode bosses (quest board) and you'll be okay.

The final parts of the Arena are going to be a good deal more difficult, as it requires higher levels than the optional dungeon. 

What I did was:
1. First few optional hard mode quest board  bosses.
2. First tier enemies in the optional dungeon until level 80-90ish.  I don't remember the specifics. 
2.5 You'll probably be able to kill some of these first level bosses in the optional dungeon at this point, but there's a big, big difficulty spike after and the normal enemies jump about 10 levels and the bosses 15-20.
3. Prep for the second tier enemies and bosses by leveling and doing the basic parts of the Arena.  You can't beat the Arena entirely and get the ending yet, but doing everything possible here (you should be able to unlock Hard, but not the final difficulty) will unlock new armor and weapon dealers that sell the best possible weapons and armor that are buyable and not craftable.  These will get you through the rest of the optional dungeon.
3.5 Kill some more hard mode quest board bosses.
4. Finish off the dungeon, but you might want to wait a bit for the final character clearance, since once you've cleared the final path, you're going to be put automatically into the final optional dungeon fight, which is much, much more difficult than anything else in there.
5. Grind EXP, and weapons/armor materials.  If you didn't finish your Gald in step 4, you will here.
6. Arena hardest modes, which become available after the optional dungeon.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1583 on: October 17, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »

Cyril, that info is golden my friend. Can't thank you enough. Difficulty is certainly cranked up in post game. Got my affinity up for Leia and Jude already, beat 7 or 8 elite EX bosses and figured its time to head into the dungeon.

I will say this however, post game feels preeeeettttty grind-eeee! LoL

I actually don't think it unwise to start Lost Odyssey while tackling this on the side in the interest of my sanity.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1584 on: October 17, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »

Yeah, that's what I did: played a different game while I did Xillia 2's post-game so that I wouldn't get burnt out.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: