Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:19:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334517 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls 2  (Read 24981 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:04 AM »

Need serious help.

So I joined the company of champions in a drunken fit. Well I finally figured out what it does. Looked up online and everyone says if I quit the covenant I can resume normal play, summoning, being summoned, etc.

However I talked to the cat and I quit the covenant and yet.... I still can't place my summon sign. WTF
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2014, 12:47:17 AM »

^I haven't touched DS2 in a long time, but that's weird.

All I seem to find is that you should be able to use your sign once you get out of the covenant. Aren't you maybe using your sign in some places you can't be summoned at all? There's small places like that in the Souls games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2014, 01:29:01 AM »

Nah I was in good places.

Here's what worked... unplugged my modem and router and did all that. I tried rebooting the ps3 twice before that and nothing.

technology is weird and we have no idea how it works
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: September 09, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »

Is the download of each DLC really only 100kb? The download I had to make yesterday was pretty big to only be a patch. I am only buying access to all that by buying it on PSN?

Hope the Crown of the Ivory King is not that big of a download.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: September 09, 2014, 05:58:28 PM »

The patches include most of the files from the DLC whether you own it or not, to maintain compatibility. This way, you can still play with anyone even if you own the DLC and they don't, and vice versa.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2014, 06:56:56 PM »

The patches include most of the files from the DLC whether you own it or not, to maintain compatibility. This way, you can still play with anyone even if you own the DLC and they don't, and vice versa.

Ah, alright. I'll have to be careful with the small space I have left on my PS3. Wouldn't be bad to check if I can make some extra space of any game or download I don't need or use anymore.

Thanks.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2014, 06:18:30 PM »

I think you can be pulled into the DLC zone if you're playing as a blue guardian even if you have the dlc or not.

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2014, 03:25:20 AM »

On a recent run I found greater soul arrow. NICE

Should I upgrade my basic sorcerer's staff?

This is super late but yes you can upgrade your sorcerrer staff and it will noticably increase your spell damage. However, I like to get the lizard staff by farming the necromancers in the executioner's chariot. If it doesn't drop just exit the game and when you relog in you'll be right next to the boss fight entrance. Then just repeat till it drops.
hie
I'd also strongly suggest upgrading your STR to 12 so you can use both the Royal Kite Shield (bought from Blacksmith in The Lost Bastille - requires items from the Iron Keep to unlock this blacksmith) and the Magic Mace (you can find this mace in the huntsman's corpse).

Early on I'd suggest using the fire longsword and 10 STR for the Silver Eagle Kite Shield bought from the armor merchant in Majula.

Buy early sorcerer spells for the merchant in the no man's wharf. Unlock the Pyromancy merchant to supplement your magic spells with fire spells asap. Once you get it, the Magic mace and Fire Longsword will serve you very well. You can literally beat the game with them though you might want to invest further into STR/Dex for better weapons.

Weapons of note: blue flame sword, moonlight greatsword, watcher's greatsword (these are either late game or new game+ weapons though)

Heck, a Large/Great Club infused with magic will do a lot of damage. A Claymore or Halberd infused with magic works almost as well. Crushing damage is just so useful vs armored opponents, you'll always want a hammer type weapon with you just in case.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:45:21 AM by bigdeath » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2014, 01:34:30 PM »

I upgraded some scimitar to +10 and cast the miracle buff on it. That helps.

For PVP I have a +10 pyromancy flame and just lob great fireballs at them. No amount of dodging lets them completely unscathed from the blast damage. That and some poison mist too.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2014, 06:17:47 PM »

Wow, turns out the lastest DLC has made Rob quit. It broke him, destroyed his will to fight. I wonder if someone who loves the DLCs could do a review because the DLCs are view quit positively on fan sites.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 22, 2014, 07:55:39 PM »

There are some great things in the DLC, but overall they feel superfluous and they lack the critical balancing that keeps Dark Souls fun AND challenging.  It's not fun to fight huge enemies who ignore all of your attacks.  It's not fun to fight red phantoms who behave erratically and break the rules of the game.  And it's certainly not fun to right reused bosses or, at worse, bosses who are simply lame in execution.

I'm glad other people like it, but I think, much like with the main game, people are missing the subtleties and nuances that keep the game from being quite as good as the original.  DSII reviewed quite high compared to all of the grievances that arose amongst the community, remember. 
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2014, 07:01:34 AM »

I wonder if someone who loves the DLCs could do a review because the DLCs are view quit positively on fan sites.

Holy crap, Rob wrote something negative about a piece of Dark Souls II DLC!
Quick! Someone write a good review to balance it out! Actually, better make it five good reviews just for clarity.
While you're at it, get Rob some counselling as he's clearly gone insane or perform an exorcism as his irrational behaviour may be the result of selling his soul to some big evil corporation.
What other explanation can there be? Unless, the review is just an unfortunate typo and what he REALLY meant to say was " OMG BEST GAME EVER 11/10 stars GOTY". right? RIGHT?... :)

Non light-hearted sarcasm option:
Asking for a good review just because someone didn't like a piece of DLC is a little silly... Especially since you ALREADY got what you ware looking for (that is, positive feedback from people who enjoyed the DLC) on the fansites you mentioned.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:05:54 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2014, 09:23:24 PM »

I forgot a smiley face and I'm just joking. For Shame. I was feeling silly and wrote a sarcastic response. Just mimicing the fanboy gut reaction to the DLC criticism. While I do feel Dark Souls 2 is superior to the original in many ways, the negative reaction to the DLC, while a bit harsh, is sort of justified. Reusing bosses is a rather lazy. And I feel like the DLC''s are gear more for Ranged Characters and you'll be punished harshly as Rob no doubt learned the hard way.

This is what I get for posting tried after coming home from work.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:26:09 PM by bigdeath » Logged
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: September 24, 2014, 05:22:55 AM »

I forgot a smiley face and I'm just joking. For Shame. I was feeling silly and wrote a sarcastic response. Just mimicing the fanboy gut reaction to the DLC criticism. While I do feel Dark Souls 2 is superior to the original in many ways, the negative reaction to the DLC, while a bit harsh, is sort of justified. Reusing bosses is a rather lazy. And I feel like the DLC''s are gear more for Ranged Characters and you'll be punished harshly as Rob no doubt learned the hard way.

This is what I get for posting tried after coming home from work.

Not to worry, I wasn't being very serious myself.
Just poking fun an something I found a little silly. To be fair, if your comment was sarcastic then it went completely over my head :)

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: September 27, 2014, 06:27:30 PM »

As much as I love Dark Souls II (DeS is my favorite), I'll be glad to finish the final DLC, as I think the "Souls exhaustion" has finally set in, and I need to take a five month break, to get prepared for Bloodborne. 

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: