Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:08:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls 2  (Read 22244 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2012, 12:03:13 AM »

No the world doesn't ends. Both endings leave some kind of expectation that there is more see of this world, but everything that has to do with the "role" your character fulfils at that point in his/her journey is over.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2012, 12:13:41 AM »

Not even worried about this turning out bad. It's going to be awesome. Demon Souls was fantastic and Dark Souls is arguably better or on par with Demon Souls. I know they're going to make a great game.

"Oh, a hunter..."
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »

way to block backstabs...

Oh man, you don't even how happy I would be if my character could have that skill. There's always the issue with lag though...

I hope by direct sequel they mean we shall see the world after the events of dark souls too.

People have been speculating that Dark Souls II is a direct sequel to "The Dark Lord" ending.

As for the new hero, that shouldn't matter at all because your hero in these games are never fleshed out at all. Your always the mysterious wanderer basically.

If I remember some parts of lore of Dark Souls that's not entirely true. But yeah, aside from that little detail your character works pretty much perfectly as an avatar that you can shape the way you want.

yeah there is the lag issue but perhaps with the server thing they can fix it a bit? still it'd be nice if the make the combat a little less reliant on backstabs anything to change the tactics just a little could be really nice.

listening to you guys i thought "how sweet would it be if it detected your darksouls save and how you last ended the game?" but i guess that'd be double the story beats and just be difficult if someone hadn't played the first one, unless they do a mass effect style comic and decision in the beginning, hmm.

what i meant with "new hero" dragon age 2 thing was, i thought they were inferring that there would be a hawke like scenario where the story is driven by one character that you get to choose the class. which would bum me out. it's likely they just mean your not playing your last character and you make a new one but when they talked about being more direct with the story that's what came to mind.

faded sun is likely right though it'll likely be great i remember hearing about covenants and thinking wtf? but it really didn't change much for me.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »

"what i meant with "new hero" dragon age 2 thing was, i thought they were inferring that there would be a hawke like scenario where the story is driven by one character that you get to choose the class."

They give no background to your character so I don't see whats to worry about.

Also, they had summons you could use for a lot of the boss fights in Dark Souls so you could solo the game and still get help in boss fights.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:38:01 PM by bigdeath » Logged
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2012, 01:31:02 PM »

i worry that they would flesh out your background for the sake of more direct story telling and that's not what i want really. i think it's a very slim chance it's just where my mind went at first when they announced "new hero" and the more direct story telling thing. whatever they give us i'm gonna play cause i'm obsessed with the series the interview just let my mind go to negative places cause of the vagueness of it.

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2012, 05:08:26 PM »

I imagine what they mean by more direct story is actual explanations of what is going on from the start of the game through dialogue and cut-scenes. Did anyone have any clue what the hell they were doing in Dark Souls at the start. What bells am I suppose to ring and where? What the hell is the point of this? Its hard to even tell what the 2 endings even mean just because so much is left vague.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »

Dark Souls II's keyword is "time" -- Source: Gematsu

Weapon and item download content are unlikely.
The debut trailer was not in-game.
The keyword is "time".
The game engine is changed. From Software is aiming for near-realistic representation and improved movement.
The team is investigating direct involvement between mutual players.

Dark Souls 2 developer: If Dark Souls was set in the North Pole, this one would be in the South Pole -- Source: Polygon

"If we're going to announce this as a sequel to Dark Souls then I think there's certainly a core that we need to protect," Miyazaki said. "I'm talking about how we think about the difficulty level and how you achieve things in-game; about the concepts behind the mechanics and level design. Outside of that core, though, I think it's better to leave things to the discretion of the director. There's a lot around that core that we need to fix or adjust, besides, and individual touches always tend to come out in the world setting and artwork, so I'm not meddling in that very much."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:23:33 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2012, 07:08:33 PM »

Dark Souls II's keyword is "time" -- Source: Gematsu

Weapon and item download content are unlikely.
The debut trailer was not in-game.
The keyword is "time".
The game engine is changed. From Software is aiming for near-realistic representation and improved movement.
The team is investigating direct involvement between mutual players.

Dark Souls 2 developer: If Dark Souls was set in the North Pole, this one would be in the South Pole -- Source: Polygon

"If we're going to announce this as a sequel to Dark Souls then I think there's certainly a core that we need to protect," Miyazaki said. "I'm talking about how we think about the difficulty level and how you achieve things in-game; about the concepts behind the mechanics and level design. Outside of that core, though, I think it's better to leave things to the discretion of the director. There's a lot around that core that we need to fix or adjust, besides, and individual touches always tend to come out in the world setting and artwork, so I'm not meddling in that very much."
the time thing can go one of a couple ways: really nice like say radiant historia or chrono series or it can be ff13-2 and be stupid or it can be like the dlc and really not give definitive cause and effect. i could imagine a time phase thing much like world tendency. miyazaki kinda smoothed things for me by saying the core is still going to be there i read the director is talking smoother transition for the beginning of the game instead of just being thrown into it. to me, it sounds like they got the right ideas brewing.

I imagine what they mean by more direct story is actual explanations of what is going on from the start of the game through dialogue and cut-scenes. Did anyone have any clue what the hell they were doing in Dark Souls at the start. What bells am I suppose to ring and where? What the hell is the point of this? Its hard to even tell what the 2 endings even mean just because so much is left vague.
i didn't really need much more than what oscar and the crestfallen says but that said i can't tell you how long it was before i found that first merchant. those two spear guys were just a pain in the beginning so i left them alone. the epilogue could've explained what happens more... i did the link the fire ending first and felt okay with it till i got the darklord ending. i think kaathe is an important perspective but you can possibly not even meet him depending on if you talk to frampt. if you haven't you should check out the "epicnamebro" lore series on youtube that yggdrasil posted in the darksouls thread
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2012, 11:30:30 PM »

I believe I've already watched that lore video. Go youtube search FOO. lol
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2012, 01:38:50 AM »

Go youtube search FOO.

What does the Foo Fighters has to do Dark Souls? :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:46:56 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2012, 05:55:41 AM »

Go youtube search FOO.

What does the Foo Fighters has to do Dark Souls? :P

I think you forgot a word. Tease FAIL! :P
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »

i've been watching foo fighters all day looking for lore...no luck. i did find this though which made me laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2PhOeyReqI
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2012, 09:09:21 PM »

Thats SO painful to watch. Why do the worst players post lets plays on youtube. All he had to do was learn to parry and those black knights are a joke even in tight corridors.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2012, 02:08:25 AM »

Dark Souls II Concept Art:

Source: Computer and Video Games
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:05:47 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza