Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 12:04:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327926 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls 2  (Read 20240 times)
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2013, 10:56:03 PM »

I agree with Stephen. 
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2013, 05:07:50 PM »

after listening to the music podcast i gotta say i tend to agree with taelus on most everything this is no different. Derek Heemsbergen on the other hand not so much sorry derek.

Agreeing with me is good. Yes. Very good.

i just pictured mister burns...good job.
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2013, 01:19:01 PM »

Oh man...

I still have yet to beat Dark Souls. I got past that Taurus Demon (3rd boss I think) and pretty much gave up after that. Started a new game the other day and instead of using a mage I'm going for a warrior setup. Now I at least know not to put any points into resistance.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »

I'm pretty interested but at the same time there's a good chance it'll suck and all the Souls fanboys will cry and I'll drink all of their tears with pleasure! Not that I hate the games, I've played Demon's Souls and liked it and I haven't played Dark Souls yet, but the fanbase can be pretty pretentious.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2013, 08:54:44 PM »

I'm pretty interested but at the same time there's a good chance it'll suck and all the Souls fanboys will cry and I'll drink all of their tears with pleasure!

...alright.

I haven't played Dark Souls yet, but the fanbase can be pretty pretentious.

And? Is that going to affect your performance when playing the game or something? :|

Seriously, just read a wiki if you need any help. There's plenty of info out there to help you with Dark Souls if you don't want to bother with the community online at this point.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »

Oh man...

I still have yet to beat Dark Souls. I got past that Taurus Demon (3rd boss I think) and pretty much gave up after that. Started a new game the other day and instead of using a mage I'm going for a warrior setup. Now I at least know not to put any points into resistance.

You and I made it about the same. I crossed under the dragon bridge, got poisoned by a rat. Then I made it to some spiral staircase and got leveled by some knight.
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2013, 12:34:01 AM »

I'm pretty interested but at the same time there's a good chance it'll suck and all the Souls fanboys will cry and I'll drink all of their tears with pleasure!

...alright.

I haven't played Dark Souls yet, but the fanbase can be pretty pretentious.

And? Is that going to affect your performance when playing the game or something? :|

Seriously, just read a wiki if you need any help. There's plenty of info out there to help you with Dark Souls if you don't want to bother with the community online at this point.
Sorry, maybe I should've hinted a bit of sarcasm on that comment. :P
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2013, 02:32:25 AM »

The key with Dark Souls is to remember that once you learn how the game expects you to play it, you will have a much easier time. It can be obtuse and has a big learning curve, but you will be stunned at how much better you get as the game goes on. Enemies that you used to fear will become a total pushover, and you'll find yourself getting hit less and less often. It's incredibly addicting, and if someone is being pretentious and ruining the experience, just ignore them and don't let them bring things down for you.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2013, 03:00:36 AM »

The key with Dark Souls is to remember that once you learn how the game expects you to play it, you will have a much easier time. It can be obtuse and has a big learning curve, but you will be stunned at how much better you get as the game goes on. Enemies that you used to fear will become a total pushover, and you'll find yourself getting hit less and less often. It's incredibly addicting, and if someone is being pretentious and ruining the experience, just ignore them and don't let them bring things down for you.
Um, dude. I'm just kidding about the whole fanbase comment. I guess maybe I shouldn't be a jokester on the forums and act all serious for once. Lol
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2013, 03:12:39 AM »

^Just go play the shit out of Dark Souls son.

Do it.
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2013, 06:00:39 PM »

^Just go play the shit out of Dark Souls son.

Do it.
I'm going to. But I have so many games on my backlog, I don't want to overload on another RPG.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »

Honestly I might just skip on this one. I got up to the spider-lady on my own then pretty much took advantage of the old Dragon Head glitch while it still existed. Personally I don't think the lack of story and choice of aesthetic (nothing 'wrong' with it; just runs contrary to my tastes) mesh well with the enormous grind the game is. (Grind to get souls, grind the boss fights for patterns/tactics, grind for rare drops, grind for Humanity, grind for Reputation, grind for PvP drops, grind the entire game 3+ times over in one go to get all the weapons for Plat, ect.) Unless such a glitch pops up early on in DS2's lifespan; then I might give it a peek.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:06:13 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2013, 09:32:47 PM »

http://www.onlysp.com/2013/04/09/12-minutes-of-dark-souls-2-gameplay-premiering-tomorrow/
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2013, 05:00:08 AM »

from IGN:

"Something wicked this way comes."
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »

Rookie move. Who uses a bow on a giant monster when he's that close! WHY DOESN'T HE HAVE HIS SHIELD UP!?!?

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: