Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 03:59:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327938 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls 2  (Read 20253 times)
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2013, 05:24:25 PM »

Good point.  There are some rough spots in Dark Souls where a bonfire is a bit too far into an area.  I can point to the Catacombs and Valley of Giants as two areas that are a pain to go through even with the additional bonfires.  Thankfully, they did add additional warp points with the Artorias content, so I think they're keen to that fact.  Maybe we'll see further development in in the sequel. 
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2013, 09:48:50 PM »

I just hope to god they don't do any kind of level design that involves platforming like the one in Demon's where you fall on those platforms in order to get to the Firelurker. Ugh!!!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »

That was optional.  If you go the "normal" way, the way you're supposed to go, there's no platforming.
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2013, 05:22:20 PM »

That was optional.  If you go the "normal" way, the way you're supposed to go, there's no platforming.
Wait... what? I checked EVERY part of that place and couldn't find any other route besides the one I mentioned.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2013, 05:29:11 PM »

Wait... what? I checked EVERY part of that place and couldn't find any other route besides the one I mentioned.

There are like... uh, 3 or 4 paths to reach the Flamelurker for what I remember.
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2013, 07:40:53 AM »

There are like... uh, 3 or 4 paths to reach the Flamelurker for what I remember.
So you mean to tell me I lost about 10000+ souls from falling on a poorly timed drop and I didn't even need to use that route? Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »

So you mean to tell me I lost about 10000+ souls from falling on a poorly timed drop and I didn't even need to use that route? Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep.

Is rather normal that players go for the shortcut without noticing there's an entire area to explore. Is kinda like how many players in their first playthrough of Dark Souls went for the Catacombs first.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2013, 08:14:35 AM »

Time to put the brakes on the hype train.

TL,DW: Basically taper your expectations and hope for the best. As Namco Bandai has decided DS2 needs to be treated as not only an AAA-title but are hinting they want it to be a 'Skyrim killer', in a manner of speaking.

Oh, and they're doing with 'without a real plan'. Just hoping that it works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2013, 08:41:19 AM »

^I thought this entire show of Dark Souls II going after Skyrim ass was answered in an Interview with the developers saying that they are respecting the pilars that made Dark Souls a cult hit.

Also, Jim using RE6 as the main example of a game that went wrong is all kinds of dumb given how RE6 is genuinely a good game. Yeah is too fucking bad is not like the REs from the late 90's or RE4 but if you want something like that again put attention to The Devil Within.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »

It did feel like he was tangentially ranting a bit. XP Personally I still plan on picking up DS2 barring some massive preview wave of reports saying "This is bad!!!" It just gives me an early warning flag though anytime any company starts even remotely talking about industry-topper game comparisons. Blame the MMO market for that.

"Hey we're a WoW-killer! We're going to appeal to the WoW player base!"
*release day comes and goes*
"...we're going F2P now!"

Truthfully the main reason I'm not giving the warning actions more heed is the company behind DS2 isn't EA. XD Then I might be worried.
freakyfreak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2013, 10:10:07 AM »

Hope they really improved  the poor LOCK-ON. Hated it more than the game being so dirty & cheap! Hoped they listened to us fan  and improved this cool RPG.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2013, 06:22:11 PM »

Hope they really improved  the poor LOCK-ON. Hated it more than the game being so dirty & cheap! Hoped they listened to us fan  and improved this cool RPG.

The game was definitely not cheap.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »

LMAO

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
freakyfreak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2013, 12:03:30 AM »

Lol, you know darksouls enemies can be so f n dirty & cheap! people talk about how difficult the game is but, to me the enemies in the game were more dirty than hard  and the screwy lock-on added to it. I could live with all the b s in this cool game if u could save the game when u want to. anywhere!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: