Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2014, 12:27:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332067 Posts in 13604 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Been out of the RPG loop for almost a year....any good RPGs out there for PS3?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Been out of the RPG loop for almost a year....any good RPGs out there for PS3?  (Read 2197 times)
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2012, 10:08:52 PM »

I have been so out of gaming for so long I don't know what RPG game to pick up. Any good ones for ps3? I remember though that this systems was exactly a good console for RPGs. Is that still the scenario. I would imagine by now we must be pretty late in the systems life cycle. PS4 must be on the horizon in a year or two right? Thanks.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »

Being out of the loop for a year doesn't really strike me as all that long.  I don't know what you've played, though.  Are you just looking for stuff that came out in the last year?  Here are some recommendations:

Tales of Graces f is the best Tales game we've gotten in a while, but I feel like it doesn't get any respect.  I wonder what percentage of the people constantly whining about Vesperia PS3 actually played Graces f...because it's the better game.

Atelier Meruru - If you like these games then Meruru is probably the best of the bunch.  Combat is much improved and having the three tiers of explorations, alchemy, and development is super-addictive.  But if you don't like the style of these games it's probably not going to change your mind.

Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning will probably be remembered more for the quagmire of 38 Studios than anything else, but that aside it's a good game.  A bit on the easy side, but it has fun combat, and interesting world, and lots of stuff to do.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 11:50:50 PM »

I suppose you could count the Dark Souls expansion but aside from Kevadu's post that's about it for the year.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »

You could try Record of Agaraest War 2. The battle system is better than the previous two entries. I'm not sure how to rate the storyline at this point as I am still playing it now. I just hit the second generation yesterday though, and the second main character at least starts out as a horrible person.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 11:23:41 AM »

Mugen Souls also came out this year. If some good walkthroughs or the like have been written since its release, it could be pretty good.

You could also click here:
http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews-ps3.html

and then click Date twice to sort in descending order.  We've kept up to date on reviews pretty well this year. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 02:27:51 PM »

Whoops. Nearly forgot that Mass Effect 3 came out this year, and according to the VGAs its the best RPG of the year.

Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »

Being out of the loop for a year doesn't really strike me as all that long.  I don't know what you've played, though.  Are you just looking for stuff that came out in the last year?  Here are some recommendations:

Tales of Graces f is the best Tales game we've gotten in a while, but I feel like it doesn't get any respect.  I wonder what percentage of the people constantly whining about Vesperia PS3 actually played Graces f...because it's the better game.

Atelier Meruru - If you like these games then Meruru is probably the best of the bunch.  Combat is much improved and having the three tiers of explorations, alchemy, and development is super-addictive.  But if you don't like the style of these games it's probably not going to change your mind.

Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning will probably be remembered more for the quagmire of 38 Studios than anything else, but that aside it's a good game.  A bit on the easy side, but it has fun combat, and interesting world, and lots of stuff to do.

The last RPG that I took to completion was FFXII. The most recent RPG I've played would probably be Trails In the Sky on the PSP. I haven't even picked up my psp or any console in about a year or so. Probably more actually. Just haven't had the time and when I have had the time watching a movie, tv show or reading has just seemed more interesting.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »

Of the ones I've played, Disgaea 3/4(same basic formula, different stories), Wizardry(PSN), FFXIII, and Nier are the best. Keep in mind that I liked FF13, I know most didn't.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 04:50:19 PM »

Plz rename thread to "suggest games for Anime & Rpgl and to buy, leave sealed, and then try to sell back to us"
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 01:03:29 AM »

Plz rename thread to "suggest games for Anime & Rpgl and to buy, leave sealed, and then try to sell back to us"

hahahahahaha
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 01:14:59 AM »

So true.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
hrist

: D <3

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »

I need a ps3, I'm missing out on too many rpgs :c

Role Playin Gamer Web Comic http://www.roleplayingamer.com
Temporal Trek Web Comic http://www.temporaltrek.com
Gamer Dater RPG Dating Website - http://www.gamerdater.com
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 08:53:43 AM »

hahahahahaha

So uncalled for. My prices may have been high before, then I lost interest in gaming and left, but I'm back and trying to set fair prices on things I have for sale plus get reaccquaited with current gaming. I will sell all I have to any reasonable offers. Jeez, I was always taught to give people a second chance. What did I do that was so wrong?

Back on topic...How many versions of Dragon Age are there? I went to go look into this game but got confused at the many titles: Dragon Age, Dragon Age Origins, Awakening, 2. Where to start. Tried to find The ultimate Dragon Age collection for PS3 but can't find it. Amazon has it for $70 when the xbox version is $25. What the heck.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:55:53 AM by Anime & RPGl and » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 09:43:05 AM »

hahahahahaha

So uncalled for. My prices may have been high before, then I lost interest in gaming and left, but I'm back and trying to set fair prices on things I have for sale plus get reaccquaited with current gaming. I will sell all I have to any reasonable offers. Jeez, I was always taught to give people a second chance. What did I do that was so wrong?

Back on topic...How many versions of Dragon Age are there? I went to go look into this game but got confused at the many titles: Dragon Age, Dragon Age Origins, Awakening, 2. Where to start. Tried to find The ultimate Dragon Age collection for PS3 but can't find it. Amazon has it for $70 when the xbox version is $25. What the heck.

Get Dragon Age: Origins and maybe the Awakening expansion and ignore the rest.

Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 09:45:11 AM »

hahahahahaha

Get Dragon Age: Origins and maybe the Awakening expansion and ignore the rest.

DA Origins and Awakening Expansion...got it. So ignore the second game entirely?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:52:56 AM by Anime & RPGl and » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: