Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331870 Posts in 13591 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  xmas thread:2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: xmas thread:2012  (Read 2123 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 08:40:28 PM »

sorry but id have to disagree grim. except for the part with it being extended family. i will never allow that to happen with my family. i dont know how it is for you but for me xmas is like a family reunion. i wont let that tradition die thats why i told all my brothers to fuck off when they wanted to do secret santa. and also when they tried to alternate years so they could go visit with a girlfriends family on xmas instead of ours. i invested my teenage years keeping this family together when our parents got divorced and wont have it be for waste.
Huh? This is not something to agree or disagree on. Every family does what is right for them. My family all live in the same city and see each other frequently. We don't need to exchange meaningless presents to express our love for each other. We didn't want to eliminate it all together, because it IS fun, so the one person thing makes sense FOR US. Plus, everyone buys for the kids.
Whatever works for your family is awesome by me.

I've noticed a lot of...um, poorer families do the Secret Santa by means of still giving gifts without having to spend for everyone.

ooookay. I totally get that, but I have no clue what Alishas family's financial situation is, and my family isn't doing it due to money troubles, as I explained above. I'm not sure what your point is.

Surprisingly, I got no games and no garden stuff this year. This is rather odd. I can't remember the last Christmas when I didn't. I'm still happy with what I got, of course.

2 pairs of Eddie Bauer jeans. One corduroy, and one flannel-lined for being outside.
super warm Eddie Bauer gloves.
Sony ipod dock for when I'm working in the garage or sun room, and don't want to wear headphones.
Edgar Allen Poe Collection
2 Two Steps From Hell cds.
Doctor Who flap hat and coffee mug(with disappearing Tardis!)
$25 movie GC
2 pairs of heavy warm socks(I love these)
sweater/pull over thingy
2 tickets to see some wind instrument group called the Prairie Winds, which I will go to with my wife, of course.

And way too much bad for me food. I'm tired.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 12:52:49 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »

My haul for the year consisted of money, mo' money, a gift card full of fun money (for GameStop), and my Gamecube + games back (and a few extras) from my brother to whom I lent them in the first place (mostly because he got an Xbox 360 for himself). Too bad, I won't be seeing my DSlite back until my Birthday rolls around.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 11:49:05 PM »

3DS XL with Mario Kart preloaded.  Love it.
a couple ugly work shirts, a few decent work shirts
old man work shoes.

I was hoping with the 3DS XL, I wouldn't get anything else.  I didn't really need nor want any more clothes, but perhaps my hint was too subtle.  Other way around, my gift giving was spot on this year.  Secret Santa at work and Secret Santa between extended family members both worked out quite well with what I found.  Happy about that as I wasn't sure if it would be good or not (esp the one between extended family).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 01:28:16 AM »

Got Ted and The Dark Knight Rises on blu ray, a couple new shirts, an awesome family guy shirt where the griffins are dressed as justice league members except meg, and a gym bag. Up til now, I've been using an insulated lunch bag to carry a gatorade, my lock, a can of old spice spray, and my dirty sweaty clothes after a workout. Let me tell you...that fucking bag is stanky now, so the nice gym bag was a godsend.

Also got some money, and about 30 dollars in lotto scratch-offs that I won 2 fucking dollars off of. Seriously, my old man bought about 150 bucks in scratchers, and combined between my family members we won about 53 dollars, 42 off one ticket. Waste of money if you ask me, but it makes my sisters happy. So I'm sitting on about 200 bucks now, I think I'm gonna hold it for a bit, maybe start a PS4 fund early.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »

Got a snazzy new halo 4 custom Xbox with a 320 gig HD which I needed quite badly. Also Farcry 3 , a 32 inch TV and a little talking Chewbacca. I did quite good this year:))

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MereMare

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »

Bought during Boxing Week sales (post-Christmas haul from my dad).

2 flannel shirts
Mario 3D Land 3DS bundle
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Style Savvy: Trendsetters
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Tales of the Abyss 3DS
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
Hexyz Force

OBJECTION!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 01:05:09 AM »

i got lots of $20 psn cards
ultimate marvel vs capcom 3
some chefs pants for work.
$150
a smart phone
a girl who loves me very much bought me an alienware X51

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »

I got Tekken Tag 2, DMC HD Collection, Gungnir, Growlanswer Generations, Last Story and Kirby Wi Collection for games plus some clothes and money.
Harder to get stuff overseas!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 02:29:46 AM »

this is late but
happy xmas, you girly men and manly girls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MntZ2oPDPnM

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: