Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 02:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337999 Posts in 13837 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SRT:OGs2 or EX Troopers + Metal Max? Import Recommendations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SRT:OGs2 or EX Troopers + Metal Max? Import Recommendations  (Read 936 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2012, 04:57:45 PM »

I'm thinking of importing a game or two as a late present for myself (Because why not?), but can't really choose between getting Super Robot Taisen: Original Generations 2, a series which I love and have a couple imports of already, or EX Troopers, a game which I recently tried out and had a blast with, along with a Metal Max game (either 2 Reloaded or 3, leaning towards 2 since it's cheaper). The total comes out the same, give or take. I have little experience with Japanese, but that's never stopped me before and I've already found guides for these games, so I think I'll be good there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which would be the better buy?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »

E.X. Troopers seems pretty multiplayer-centric.  I think it might be tough to take advantage of that from overseas.  While there is a single-player campaign you unlock co-op missions as you go through it and you pretty much need to do them for the XP.  Though I guess there is the option of doing them with AI companions so it's still doable.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »

im on stage 47 of srt ogs 2 if you have any specific questions.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »

im on stage 47 of srt ogs 2 if you have any specific questions.

How easy is it to understand the new systems without knowing a lot of Japanese? I know I can look at guides, but still...I'd prefer not to. I got through most SRT games without looking up anything, and did pretty well at them, too.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 04:54:33 AM »

its real easy. you can even ignore masximum break if you want. if you played the OG gba games you'll feel right at home. setting up twins is a breeze too.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 06:00:30 AM »

I'm in the middle of EX Troopers right now and there's a good, lengthy single player portion.
I'm really enjoying it and it's really easy to figure out objectives and mechanics most of the time.
I really recommend it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 12:34:02 PM »

Thanks, Lard, I ended up going with E.X. Troopers (and just EX Troopers, I couldn't decide between the two Metal Maxes so I said screw it to them). I still want Original Generations 2, but I figure it'd be best to wait until sometime next year.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: