Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 05:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319307 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki  (Read 6322 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 03:37:59 PM »

The game is out in Japan, and it's being completely brutalized in the reviews on Amazon.co.jp.  Lot's of 1 star ratings.  People still like the story and characters, but apparently it suffers from absolutely horrible load time issues.  In addition the 3D character models are animated extremely awkwardly, worse than fan-made stuff you find on the internet.  Falcom did not handle the transition to 3D well at all.  These are the lowest review scores I've ever seen for a Kiseki game...

So maybe that will make you feel better about the fact that we'll never get it.

Now where's SC?

Wait. Even the PS3 version had absolutely horrible load time issues?

(Also, SC's coming).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2013, 03:49:07 PM »

Wait. Even the PS3 version had absolutely horrible load time issues?

Supposedly it's a bit better on the PS3 version but still pretty bad.

And there is supposed to be a patch coming for Sen no Kiseki to improve load times.  We'll see...

(Also, SC's coming).

I know, I know.  Mainly I'm just poking fun at all the people I see going nuts for Sen no Kiseki but who don't seem to care about the rest of the series (which is kind of nonsensical since Sen no Kiseki won't make much sense without the rest of it...).

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2013, 04:31:46 PM »

So maybe that will make you feel better about the fact that we'll never get it.

When the big reasons to care about the series are just fine? Not really much of a consolation really, maybe if they completely ruined the story/setting, but this doesn't sound like Valkyria Chronicles 2.
The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »

Oh, my god. The art is so amazing. Another good reason to get a Vita!

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2013, 12:40:09 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/10/next-legend-of-heroes-game-aiming-for-june-2014

Just to reiterate, the Kiseki series has been running for the last ten years. Meanwhile, we're still waiting for game #2 to drop. Even with thrice the effort constantly and solely devoted to localizing this series over the next decade, we would still never see even half of the series localized.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 12:56:16 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/10/next-legend-of-heroes-game-aiming-for-june-2014

Just to reiterate, the Kiseki series has been running for the last ten years. Meanwhile, we're still waiting for game #2 to drop. Even with thrice the effort constantly and solely devoted to localizing this series over the next decade, we would still never see even half of the series localized.

Such is the fate of a foreign, story-heavy game.

...what'cha gunna do?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 01:16:58 AM »

...what'cha gunna do?

Learn Japanese!

Though as I commented in that very article, I'm concerned about whether or not they would actually be able to release a quality product by June.  Sen no Kiseki just came out and its release was kind of a mess.  Though I guess a lot of its problems have been patched and they're still working on patching it, suddenly they're going to make the entire next game in less than 9 months?

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 07:23:14 AM »

Though as I commented in that very article, I'm concerned about whether or not they would actually be able to release a quality product by June.  Sen no Kiseki just came out and its release was kind of a mess.  Though I guess a lot of its problems have been patched and they're still working on patching it, suddenly they're going to make the entire next game in less than 9 months?

I suspect that they're probably going to reuse Sen's engine for the next one. Of course, even taking that into consideration, 9 months is still a ridiculous time frame to develop an RPG with.

Then again, it could be something like Nayuta 2 which is only an ARPG, and with a reused engine would only require writing a new plot and designing new levels/bosses/abilities.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2013, 06:04:17 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/13/legend-heroes-trails-flash-brings-falcom-big-profits/

Also, it apparently did pretty well all things considered.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2013, 01:37:50 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/12/legend-heroes-sen-kiseki-sequel-ps3-ps-vita-2014-large-scale-mystery-title-tease

Pardon the triple post, but there's a sequel on the way.

pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2013, 09:57:34 AM »

I think Falcom is going to be surprised at the sales once Trails hits Steam. I think there are more people on Steam who want a quality JRPG and, judging by some other games, Steam players aren't afraid to purchase JRPGs.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2013, 01:36:58 PM »

I hope so, despite the amount of "esteem" for the series, it still doesn't seem to be selling in the big numbers that XSeed seems to need from the series.

So all this talk of sequels is interesting, but... (dot dot dot).

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2013, 01:44:03 PM »

I think that XSEED's future of working on Falcom games depends on how well Celceta, Trails-Steam, and Trails 2nd do through 2014.  I hope, for my fandom's sake, that all of them sell strong. 

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2013, 01:47:40 PM »

No, it's Xseed's fault these games haven't sold!  Xseed is holding the series back and preventing other companies from localizing it!  Never mind that the games went unlocalized for years precisely because nobody else wanted to take on a project of this magnitude...it's still Xseed's fault!

Sorry, I've been reading too many idiotic comments elsewhere on the web...

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2013, 01:50:44 PM »

No, it's Xseed's fault these games haven't sold!  Xseed is holding the series back and preventing other companies from localizing it!  Never mind that the games went unlocalized for years precisely because nobody else wanted to take on a project of this magnitude...it's still Xseed's fault!

Sorry, I've been reading too many idiotic comments elsewhere on the web...

When a games script is practically Bible-sized, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to do anything to it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: