Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 08:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338348 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki  (Read 10196 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2013, 02:13:22 PM »

When a games script is practically Bible-sized, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to do anything to it.

Yeah, I'm glad they're doing it but if the script were more reasonably sized someone else or XSEED themselves would've grabbed it way, way earlier than when they got a few crazy enough Falcom fans on board to push for it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2013, 02:33:58 PM »

No, it's Xseed's fault these games haven't sold!  Xseed is holding the series back and preventing other companies from localizing it!  Never mind that the games went unlocalized for years precisely because nobody else wanted to take on a project of this magnitude...it's still Xseed's fault!

Sorry, I've been reading too many idiotic comments elsewhere on the web...

When a games script is practically Bible-sized, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to do anything to it.

Nu-uh!  There are a ton of companies out there just itching to get their hands on this license but Xseed stole it away and are preventing anyone else from working on it while they laze away and revel in all the profit and glory that comes from releasing games really slowly!  At least that's what people on the internet tell me...

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2013, 05:30:26 PM »

No, it's Xseed's fault these games haven't sold!  Xseed is holding the series back and preventing other companies from localizing it!  Never mind that the games went unlocalized for years precisely because nobody else wanted to take on a project of this magnitude...it's still Xseed's fault!

Nu-uh!  There are a ton of companies out there just itching to get their hands on this license but Xseed stole it away and are preventing anyone else from working on it while they laze away and revel in all the profit and glory that comes from releasing games really slowly!  At least that's what people on the internet tell me...

Even acting you've turned all my love into black, bittered hate for this weeeabo thing you've become..... GIVE KEVADU BACK YOU EVIL WHORE SPIRIT!!!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2013, 05:38:38 PM »

No, it's Xseed's fault these games haven't sold!  Xseed is holding the series back and preventing other companies from localizing it!  Never mind that the games went unlocalized for years precisely because nobody else wanted to take on a project of this magnitude...it's still Xseed's fault!

Nu-uh!  There are a ton of companies out there just itching to get their hands on this license but Xseed stole it away and are preventing anyone else from working on it while they laze away and revel in all the profit and glory that comes from releasing games really slowly!  At least that's what people on the internet tell me...

Even acting you've turned all my love into black, bittered hate for this weeeabo thing you've become..... GIVE KEVADU BACK YOU EVIL WHORE SPIRIT!!!!

Does this mean Kevadu's a girl? (JK)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2013, 05:50:26 PM »

No, it's Xseed's fault these games haven't sold!  Xseed is holding the series back and preventing other companies from localizing it!  Never mind that the games went unlocalized for years precisely because nobody else wanted to take on a project of this magnitude...it's still Xseed's fault!

Nu-uh!  There are a ton of companies out there just itching to get their hands on this license but Xseed stole it away and are preventing anyone else from working on it while they laze away and revel in all the profit and glory that comes from releasing games really slowly!  At least that's what people on the internet tell me...

Does this mean Kevadu's a girl? (JK)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:52:19 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »

Bi-annual question: Can I get the trilogy on Steam yet?
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2013, 06:56:54 PM »

That trilogy will be the thing that finally makes me use Steam. My body is ready.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2013, 08:02:53 PM »

Yeah the longer they take on this the more concerned I get it's been cancelled.

Also WTF up with Ikaruga getting a steam release too?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2013, 08:04:59 PM »

Bi-annual question: Can I get the trilogy on Steam yet?

If you didnt' scare Yggdrasil off he probably would have posted a link from Gameatsy or Siliconeru by now.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »

That trilogy will be the thing that finally makes me use Steam. My body is ready.

I'm holding out for the PS3 versions.

It'll really piss me off if we don't get them.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2013, 10:04:01 PM »

I really wouldn't count on getting those.  As has been discussed it's really more of a Sony thing than an Xseed/Falcom thing...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2013, 11:01:23 PM »

I really wouldn't count on getting those.  As has been discussed it's really more of a Sony thing than an Xseed/Falcom thing...

Well, we don't know all of what's holding up PSP releases, but it has been noted that at least on PSP they have eased up on approving games, and that the real hurdle for Monster Hunter 3 Portable HD not coming here may have been the servers. It is possible that by the time it's relevant Sony will have eased up if that's a problem, and it'll help that at a minimum they can bundle Trails in the Sky FC and SC together. Two games are clearly enough for collections as Ico, Tales of Symphonia, and God of War have shown. Even trophy-less games may be OK now, the Genesis/Mega Drive version of Castle of Illusion came without them though that was a pre-order bonus.

Still, I wouldn't get hopes up too high. There's too many unknown factors at work here, and it does seem likely that if they want to go for a trilogy collection it'll be too late to matter, though maybe with the Third being so much smaller text-wise they could get that out relatively quickly.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2013, 11:14:10 PM »

I was once like you. :p It's what I wanted too, honestly. But I'm not holding my breath.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2013, 11:22:09 PM »

Still, I wouldn't get hopes up too high. There's too many unknown factors at work here, and it does seem likely that if they want to go for a trilogy collection it'll be too late to matter, though maybe with the Third being so much smaller text-wise they could get that out relatively quickly.

You make it sound so easy!  But, iirc, Tom from XSeed said even FC was a major under-taking and it is one of the "smaller" of the latest batch of these super-plot-heavy Kiseki games. 

Really though, the series is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  It's beloved by just about all, but its fan base is only comparable to the amount of effort that needs to go in to get it released it seems.  XSeed was only so happy with how the PSP version did, so right now I think all efforts and hopes for XSeed are going into Steam right now.... which honestly, makes complete sense.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 12:01:17 AM »

You make it sound so easy!  But, iirc, Tom from XSeed said even FC was a major under-taking and it is one of the "smaller" of the latest batch of these super-plot-heavy Kiseki games. 

Really though, the series is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  It's beloved by just about all, but its fan base is only comparable to the amount of effort that needs to go in to get it released it seems.  XSeed was only so happy with how the PSP version did, so right now I think all efforts and hopes for XSeed are going into Steam right now.... which honestly, makes complete sense.

Well, it does sound like the Third is closer to FC than SC, but I think it'd be more like the average Tales localization in terms of turn around at best: get SC done, maybe see the Third in a year if FC sales are good enough to make them confident enough to go at it. Though it may not be worth it if they can't get to Zero and Ao quick enough.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: