Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 04:35:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327545 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  2013: New Years REVOLUTION!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2013: New Years REVOLUTION!!  (Read 1564 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2012, 03:08:19 AM »

So what'cha all up to for ushering in the new year?  Any revresolutions planned? :P

Either way, hope it's a glorious night for everyone.  A happy new year to all my favorite Fanners.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:15:15 AM »

Viva la Resolution!

Outside of getting a job, or failing that, commercially releasing a game, nothing in particular comes to mind (maybe losing 10 pounds, but if I'm going to do that I might as well go whole hog and lose 15-20 pounds instead).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 08:39:42 AM »

Sleep. 

I already played a "Metal Ball" show with my current band this past Friday night and played a reunion show with my old band Saturday night.  I've ended my year on a kickass rock star note. 

I approve of this nonsense!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »

We haven't done anything for New Years Eve in years. Nan always conks out early. We'll probably play a board game with the kid, then share some wine later. That's it.

I haven't made resolutions in forever, but I'm forcing myself to do so this year. Some I can't share here, but a couple I can.
- Get to bed earlier! I go to bed too late, and wake up too early. Not at all good for my health. I'm making 10:30 my new mark. I'm trying to be reasonable.
- More exercise. I'm skinny, so it's not about losing weight. I need to strengthen my muscles, and improve my flexibility. Hard to do with Chronic pain issues, which is why I haven't been doing it.
- finally sign up for Master Gardener classes. I've been waiting for my son to get older to do this because I'll have to take night/weekend classes. Plus, becoming a Master Gardener comes with a requirement to give back to the community. Volunteering and all that. I like the idea of spreading the love of plants and horticulture, but have never been big on the time requirement. I think I'm ready now.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »

I guess my resolution would be to not lay around for a few hours on my days off. Wake up earlier and do shit? Better start on that.

I've got a few different options for tonight. +1 is probably going to do a thing w/ her family. I may just end up staying in and playing games. I haven't done that since I moved into my new apartment.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »

To get through to the New World Saga of One Piece.

To buy less games and play more of what I already have.

To actually finish some anime this year, instead of watching a few episodes then going back to One Piece.

To draw way more than I did this year.

And To Get a Job.

I may have some contradictions and skewed priorities in this list...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »

New Year's Eve is my absolute favorite holiday of the year and I will be partying like 2012 was the best year ever (which it was, supplanting 2011 before that and 2010 before that). The only thing that is going to be better is 2013!

My only resolution is to continue dropping weight at reasonable and healthy pace - I have dropped close to 40 pounds this year but wouldn't mind dropping another 20 over the next couple of years.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »

Gonna try to get off the cigs. Again. Off to a good start though, only 1 in the last 2 days. Besides that I need to start lifting weights again just to build a bit more strength.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »

I will spend tonite drawing up two dragon ball z tattoos I've got coming up and I will polish off Asura's Wrath. I started AW on saturday, beat it sunday and now I am QTE'ing my way through the DLC episodes.... short game to say the least.... despite that, I've already had my fill...

I am pretty stoked to work on the DBZ pieces.... Always wanted to see what I could do with a "Goku" on skin.... not a huge DBZ fan personally, though I once was in my youth, so this cool to me :)

So yea.... new years.... pretty much like most other days/nights for me... which is perfectly fine, as by my estimate "art+game=the ideal way klyde would like to allocate most of his time".....

No real resolutions... I have the standard bases covered...

A.I already run to a point that exceeds what most would probably consider a solid exercise routine (between 8-12 miles a day, and I have for years.... funny thing is I do it purely for the cognitive benefit)....

B.Due to the running and my diet (diet is void of all dairy, grain, refined sugar or fructose, corn, red meat and a host of other things due to gut issues) I certainly don't need to lose weight (full grown male here who comes in at a whopping 125 lbs.).....

But I do have a goal of sorts this year.... I want to get my tattoo work published in a gaming magazine. Getting it published in a tattoo mag or seen within tattoo communities is one thing.... I want to break the barrier and transcend damnit!!

Oh yea.... and I want to completely demolish my backlog... I've got it down to 4 games, Agarest 2 (halfway throuh) Wild Arms Alter Code F (halfway though) Hyperdimension MK2 (don't know where I'm at... its sort of hard to tell-LoL) and Growlanser WoT.... From what I have come to understand this is the path to gaming enlightenment.... Complete freedom to game in the moment without the shelf beckoning and demanding my attention-LOL

Gonna try to get off the cigs. Again. Off to a good start though, only 1 in the last 2 days. Besides that I need to start lifting weights again just to build a bit more strength.

I should try to consider that too.... I'm a 2-3 pack a day kind of guy... on top of that I constantly chew nicorette.... but I figure I'd best save some goals for 2014 :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »

I resolve to finally finish my goddamn PhD.  I remember thinking I would surely be done in 2011 at some point...

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »

Resolution? Uh...I dunno. I do need to lose a pound or two, but resolutions never work for that.

Probably to be even better at my job, honestly. Cuz I can always do better!

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 07:15:52 PM »

A quite a few, so here's a list of a couple from it:

Tasks
  • Expand my listening to other genres of music (Popular, Rock, World, etc.)
  • Undergo remedial studies in 20th century music, especially electronic music
  • Consolidate my blogs to one neatly organized blog, and/or plain delete ones I don't plan on updating anymore.

Hope this year turns out just as good or better as the last one did for me...

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »

Probably nothing.  I've put no thought into it and pretty much forgot about it until I saw this thread.  Not to say there's nothing I need to change, it's just I've just never done the whole resolutions thing.

The biggest thing that comes to mind is seeing games and anime I like through to the end more often.  However that has always been an ongoing effort.

Oh.  And starting up Dead Island co-op with the Yodes.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »

Gonna play some motherfuckin vidyagames.

And drink off brand cola.

This is how I celebrate every new years.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 10:05:55 PM »

GETTING DRUNK... till nextyearRPH Fanners.  I love you.  twerntty thirteen... its the future!!!!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: