Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 03:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338750 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI  (Read 2697 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 04:27:18 PM »

VII is still my favorite but I think VI would benefit much more from a remake than VII.

Sadly I have no faith in today's S-E to do a proper remake of FFVI without ruining the very things that make it great.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 05:38:25 PM »

VII is still my favorite but I think VI would benefit much more from a remake than VII.

Sadly I have no faith in today's S-E to do a proper remake of FFVI without ruining the very things that make it great.

If they did do it right, think of the potential. That steam-punk world in HD with Amano's art style. The game would look very dark and dreary, I think. They could make it so great, but they never will. Not a chance.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 08:59:12 PM »

I'm worried the drama would become too campy...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 10:26:18 PM »

@Aeolus
The rasp/osmose method does take a while, but it's safest and assures you'll win. Yeah, that mp draining will take a very long while (my rasps would do about 400 per cast, osmose would refill all my mp which was in the 5-600 area, and if I recall correctly he's got about 55,000 mp), but you can't really die from it. There are better methods, my favorite was using the esper that made everyone jump and see who killed him (and thus ate the ultima), but they all have possibilities of getting you dead. I threw this method out for people who had trouble with him, that's all.

Also, the thing with espers and stat bonuses...yeah, they're about as needed as a 4 man group of ultima casters. By the end of the game, all you really need is one of the 4 people who can use the Atma Weapon and give them hp boosting gear, an offering, and either a genji glove and ragnarok or excalibur, or an economizer and the quick spell. If you can't kill a boss in 2 rounds you're doing it wrong. Hell, I started going through games specifically not giving people espers because I didn't want spells for my trips to the coliseum. Nothing like using terra and watching her blow 5 minutes of her morph ability standing there casting something silly like merton and wrecking herself. I keep kicking myself for giving my copy of ffvi for the gba to my buddy. I was at the end, going through the secret dungeon...5/8 dragons killed.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 01:49:09 AM »

There is more of a chance that the remake of FFVII ends up being disappointing instead of one from FFVI IMO.

I'm worried the drama would become too campy...

That would depend in the voice acting and the script, no? Probably the game could be retranslated again in all that process too...
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 02:34:48 AM »

@Aeolus
The rasp/osmose method does take a while, but it's safest and assures you'll win. Yeah, that mp draining will take a very long while (my rasps would do about 400 per cast, osmose would refill all my mp which was in the 5-600 area, and if I recall correctly he's got about 55,000 mp), but you can't really die from it. There are better methods, my favorite was using the esper that made everyone jump and see who killed him (and thus ate the ultima), but they all have possibilities of getting you dead. I threw this method out for people who had trouble with him, that's all.

Also, the thing with espers and stat bonuses...yeah, they're about as needed as a 4 man group of ultima casters. By the end of the game, all you really need is one of the 4 people who can use the Atma Weapon and give them hp boosting gear, an offering, and either a genji glove and ragnarok or excalibur, or an economizer and the quick spell. If you can't kill a boss in 2 rounds you're doing it wrong. Hell, I started going through games specifically not giving people espers because I didn't want spells for my trips to the coliseum. Nothing like using terra and watching her blow 5 minutes of her morph ability standing there casting something silly like merton and wrecking herself. I keep kicking myself for giving my copy of ffvi for the gba to my buddy. I was at the end, going through the secret dungeon...5/8 dragons killed.

There's safety, and then there's walking away from the game for a full night while those Dragon Den Ice Dragons sit there spamming stop and freeze moves/spells while your unkillable dancing Mog waits for literally hours to have the opportunity to do something. Rasp/Osmosing Magimaster may not be on the same level of killing time as the above example but its still less efficient than climbing the tower, getting killed by the Ultima finisher, climbing the tower a second time and beating him using literally any other method (and I'm talking about not needing the Moogle Charm or Charm Bangle for either trip).

Also, the Esper bonuses don't really change that much since most calculations weigh level more than either Vigor or Magic Power. Meanwhile, rocking an Ultima slinging Terra for most of the WoB is a bit more overkill than a four man group of Ultima spammers (since it takes most of the game to actually access Ultima legitimately let alone learning it for a full party of four). Also, where are you getting four Atma Weapons without abusing the item duplication trick or swiping extras from one of the components of Kefka's tower during the final boss fight, let alone four Offerings/Ragnaroks/Excaliburs/Illuminas?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 06:14:55 PM »

I meant only 1 Atma Weapon, with the offering relic for x-fight (4 attacks against entire enemy party).

TASTY!
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »

I did everything I said I was gonna do and I'm at the end. The one thing I don't like about this game is for some reason after everything optional is done and barely running from any battles my characters are still only in the level 30's a little too weak for the final dungeon so at this point some serious training has to happen which is so boring....sucks
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 09:41:58 PM »

Somebody give this man a map of the dinosaur area.

and that somebody is me
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »

That's where I did my level grinding to level 99! I need to play this game again. It's been too long.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 01:33:21 AM »

I did everything I said I was gonna do and I'm at the end. The one thing I don't like about this game is for some reason after everything optional is done and barely running from any battles my characters are still only in the level 30's a little too weak for the final dungeon so at this point some serious training has to happen which is so boring....sucks
Level 30ish? You sure you're at the end of the game? I'm fairly confident you'd have had some serious troubles at several points in the game unless you just abused vanish/doom.

TASTY!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 06:10:47 PM »

Yeah, I'm not seeing how your level could be so low if you're at the end of the game.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 10:05:29 PM »

Maybe he thinks the end of the game comes at the end of the

Code:
floating continent.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: