Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 05:52:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338604 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  wii games that don't require motion controller
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: wii games that don't require motion controller  (Read 2905 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »

so with the wii on its way out, titles are getting cheaper and cheaper.... I never fleshed out my wii library on account of... well.... I freakin' hate motion control.... soooooo, does anyone have any suggestions (outside of VC and gamecube titles) that don't require it?? Xenoblade and Last story aside (they are actually the only two already in my wii library-lol)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:52:44 PM »

I know Klonoa doesn't, and NSMBWii's may be mild enough to tolerate it (DKCR set off a lot of people though). Monster Hunter as well, though if you have a 3DS/Wii U you might want to wait on Ultimate, especially Wii U as that'll have online play. Rune Factory Frontier also supports the Classic Controller, so that's another one.

Actually, a quick and dirty way to figure it out is to look for a list of games that support the Classic Controller, you'll miss some like a Little King's Story that uses the Wii Remote + Nunchuk but doesn't bother with motion control or even the pointer, but that'd still hit a lot of them. And if you're open to JUST pointer use that may open your options by a lot.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:26:48 PM »

I know Klonoa doesn't, and NSMBWii's may be mild enough to tolerate it (DKCR set off a lot of people though). Monster Hunter as well, though if you have a 3DS/Wii U you might want to wait on Ultimate, especially Wii U as that'll have online play. Rune Factory Frontier also supports the Classic Controller, so that's another one.

Actually, a quick and dirty way to figure it out is to look for a list of games that support the Classic Controller, you'll miss some like a Little King's Story that uses the Wii Remote + Nunchuk but doesn't bother with motion control or even the pointer, but that'd still hit a lot of them. And if you're open to JUST pointer use that may open your options by a lot.

Thanks for the tip my man! Completely forgot about Rune Factory..... see, thats why I asked!... I sort of turned a blind eye to everything that was happening on the wii....

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 08:19:29 PM »

I know that Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn doesn't have any motion controller BS.

I suppose the Kirby collection doesn't either given that they're all games made over 13 years ago.

The new Goldeneye didn't as well but I felt it was a very 'Activision'ey game and only okay.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl also lets you get by with any control scheme including Gamecube controllers.

Also any Gamecube game provided you have an earlier model of the Wii (which you probably don't given the purpose of this thread).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:34:52 AM »

Also any Gamecube game provided you have an earlier model of the Wii (which you probably don't given the purpose of this thread).

I actually lucked out and ended up with 2 older backward compatable white wii's.... a client traded me them for tattoo-time-LoL.... that is why I'm asking actually, because all I've used them for is playing gamecube and snes titles..... they are also great for playing other consoles titles as well but I don't think it is kosher to get into discussing that, so I'm gonna lay that to rest there....

So having exhausted everything from yester-year worth playing (with the exception of skies of arcadia) I thought I should get a "wii" bit more current with nintendo-- HarHarhar.... (that was a lame joke, just in case you didn't catch it)

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 04:54:19 PM »

Brawl doesn't require motion controllers!

Ok, stop throwing things, it was just a joke!

TASTY!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_use_the_Classic_Controller

That is a good start point.  Obviously there are a lot of games that use the wiimote that aren't motion, but that's neither here nor there.

Also, don't discount the motion so much.  Trauma Team is one of the best games out there.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 02:34:17 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_use_the_Classic_Controller

That is a good start point.  Obviously there are a lot of games that use the wiimote that aren't motion, but that's neither here nor there.

Also, don't discount the motion so much.  Trauma Team is one of the best games out there.

I'm not saying motion control is necessarily a bad thing... it is simply waaaay to outside the realm of my "gaming comfort zone" for me to enjoy... I have given them a try multiple times... they just "feel" different to me... its tough for me to explain....

And as an aside, I chain smoke like a bastard while playing and every single time I try to play games with motion control I end up getting ashes all over myself!! LoL

Thanks for the lists/suggestions guys :)

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: