Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 09:28:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329483 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gen6: Pokemon X & Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: Gen6: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 27672 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2013, 10:13:06 PM »

All good.  I don't remember initiating a game chat, but I do give people O-powers every so often.  I haven't tried the game chat yet.  Whatever, we'll have plenty of opportunities for play dates. 

Honestly, I didn't even see what the message said, so it may have been an O-Power. Anywho, good to know I wasn't inadvertently offending anyone. :)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2013, 06:34:33 AM »

So I got my third badge last night along with the power to use Mega-Evolutions. Apparently my Pokémon are also high enough level to fight the Elite Four also. I guess mugging rich people and catching them ll is really good for EXP.

You have a Grass-type Safari and you have wild Petilil and Tangela. :D
Cool I guess? I haven't encountered either of those yet, so I dunno if either is rare or not. Can't say that grass suits me though. Btw, I am interested in the Cleffa you offered me (and any other uncatchable baby pokemon you might have), but I hit cancel a few seconds before the Cleffa appeared on my screen so I didn't realize you were offering anything else. A shame you can't cancel your cancel considering how long cancelling a trade takes. x_x

One of the scientists in the Pokemon Lab in Lumiose City will give you a TM for False Swipe, which leaves the enemy with 1 HP.  Beedrill and Pancham can learn it, I know.  To catch Abra, I led my party with someone who had a move to make people sleep.  Found one, put him to sleep, then threw a quick ball.
I have the TM, I just don't use it. Instead I now just use Sleep Powder, and throw pokeballs until they stick because I am filthy stinking rich right now.

mug rich people at battle cheateau every 10 minutes, buy everything with that delicious 25% off o-power. planting berries is so fun too
Don't forget to use the O-power to increase rewards when mugging said rich people and the coin case also.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2013, 12:10:14 PM »

I BRED A SHINY.  MY FIRST SHINY POKEMON.

It's a shiny Mawile. :O

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2013, 03:24:21 PM »

I have never seen a Shiny in the wild, even after putting probably literally over 1000 hours into the series.  (And don't give me any of that "what about the red Gyrados that you get in Silver?  He doesn't count, because he's scripted.)

So congrats!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: October 21, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »

I'm the same Tooker, this is my first encounter, even though I bred it. I wasn't breeding for a shiny though, I was breeding for an Adamant nature.

Screw natures though, Shiny gets put in the team.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: October 21, 2013, 04:59:20 PM »

Geez, I avoid this board like the plague after I beat the game, and when I come back I see people mostly talking about fedoras and trench coats.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: October 21, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »

As awesome as this installment of Pokemon is, the one thing I'm not 100% feeling is that the rival(s) present no danger.  Like in Crystal, your rival was a pretty rotten kid.  Here, the rival(s) are your in-game besties.  I dunno... I like the feeling of danger in my rival.  I want motivation to curbstomp him, ya know?  My rival(s) here are just too nice. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 21, 2013, 08:32:53 PM »

And on that same subject, this is the first time I can remember when your first battle after getting your starter was against the starter you were super effective against. Kind of a let down.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: October 21, 2013, 09:44:46 PM »

Well, this sucks.  My Jolteon is level 37 and he never learned Pin Missile.  NoooOOooOOoooOOOooo!  So far, he's not bad, but he lacks Pin Missile and electric type moves.  

My team: Jolteon, Meowstic, Florges, Pidgeot, Greninja, Blaziken.  I love this team (though I'd love it more if I had a Jolteon with Pin Missile.  I'm just about ready to trade my Ivysaur with mega-stone for a Jolteon with Pin Missile.)  

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: October 22, 2013, 01:34:33 AM »

ok so I got to the safari zone, I think you only unlock the third pokemon once you beat the elite 4 since no ones online right now and the only people with access to the third pokemon are people who I kno have beaten the game. oh and it seems once you get national pokedex all the other fossils start appearing in glittering cave
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:27:35 AM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: October 22, 2013, 06:21:58 AM »

As awesome as this installment of Pokemon is, the one thing I'm not 100% feeling is that the rival(s) present no danger.  Like in Crystal, your rival was a pretty rotten kid.  Here, the rival(s) are your in-game besties.  I dunno... I like the feeling of danger in my rival.  I want motivation to curbstomp him, ya know?  My rival(s) here are just too nice. 
I have very mixed feelings on the "rivals". On one hand I like the fact that there are multiple ones. On the other hand I dislike half of them. >.> They are just overly chummy considering that they knew you for less than 10 minutes before setting out on your journey. One thing that is bugging me is that the lot of them have no Pokémon. I'm up to my fourth badge and I think between all four of them, I have seen 7 Pokémon, while I have caught 150 at this point. It just seems silly.

The primary rival seems alright, I like her design. She has a generic enough backstory that works. I admit I wish she was a bit more antagonistic or maybe motivated. Then there is the....."love interest". I dunno what to call her. Memory girl? W/e. She works for me alright, but the "romance" feels awkward. It just suddenly appears out of nowehere with her commenting about how this is the first time she has watched fireworks with a boy and that it will be a special memory for her because she watched it with you. I'm sure it will never go anywhere beyond just semi-implied feelings.....although I do sort of wish she would just marry my character and then never leave his side since she can apparently heal Pokémon. Never visit a Pokémon center again! Other two I just pretend are crazy stalkers. >.> I dunno if the friends are at all different if you play a female or now.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: October 22, 2013, 09:34:45 AM »

I have very mixed feelings on the "rivals". On one hand I like the fact that there are multiple ones. On the other hand I dislike half of them. >.> They are just overly chummy considering that they knew you for less than 10 minutes before setting out on your journey. One thing that is bugging me is that the lot of them have no Pokémon. I'm up to my fourth badge and I think between all four of them, I have seen 7 Pokémon, while I have caught 150 at this point. It just seems silly.

The primary rival seems alright, I like her design. She has a generic enough backstory that works. I admit I wish she was a bit more antagonistic or maybe motivated. Then there is the....."love interest". I dunno what to call her. Memory girl? W/e. She works for me alright, but the "romance" feels awkward. It just suddenly appears out of nowehere with her commenting about how this is the first time she has watched fireworks with a boy and that it will be a special memory for her because she watched it with you. I'm sure it will never go anywhere beyond just semi-implied feelings.....although I do sort of wish she would just marry my character and then never leave his side since she can apparently heal Pokémon. Never visit a Pokémon center again! Other two I just pretend are crazy stalkers. >.> I dunno if the friends are at all different if you play a female or now.

BZZZZT.

The romance and interactions are basically the same with the female protagonist.  The pink chick basically, subtly, and ambiguously "flirts" on her side too.

Girl: "I've never seen such beautiful fireworks...I hope we stay friends....forever"
Me: ". . . ." (damn silent protags)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: October 22, 2013, 10:22:08 AM »

Eh, it's not so much a romance so much as she clearly has a crush on you, nothing much romantic  happens after that. I don't know why the game is getting such flack for having friendly rivals, since it's been that way for the past 10 years and Pokemon is nothing if not formulaic.  May, Wally, Barry, Bianca, Cheren and Hugh and now Serena. They all fall into that friendly rivalry category.

I think people just want another Blue to be honest, no one much cares about Silver.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: October 22, 2013, 10:35:07 AM »

Eh, it's not so much a romance so much as she clearly has a crush on you, nothing much romantic  happens after that. I don't know why the game is getting such flack for having friendly rivals, since it's been that way for the past 10 years and Pokemon is nothing if not formulaic.  May, Wally, Barry, Bianca, Cheren and Hugh and now Serena. They all fall into that friendly rivalry category.

I think people just want another Blue to be honest, no one much cares about Silver.

I wanna crush on a dude, I'm sure you can understand~!!!!!
I also wonder if they'll really start emphasizing customization more in the future titles, like certain features and all that.  It's been fun doing that! 

I'm less annoyed by rivals but more by their AI.  I mean, YOU CAN KEEP USING TAIL WHIP ALL YOU WANT, BUT I WILL K.O. YOU BEFORE THAT LOWER DEFENSE EVEN MATTERS, SIR.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: October 22, 2013, 10:37:36 AM »

My theory is no one much likes Serena because she is humble in defeat and is constantly nice, which makes you feel bad for continuously destroying her hopes and dreams. :P

As for the A.I, yes, I was hoping the Hard Mode from Black and White 2 would return, but sadly not.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: