Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 12:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338577 Posts in 13859 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gen6: Pokemon X & Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: Gen6: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 33883 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »

And I say why not a location with a Canadian feel to it?  It's a pretty underrated country with a variety of cultures and subcultures in it.  Then again, maybe it shouldn't be trend-spotlighted so that it still maintains its "best kept secret" level of coolness.  

By the way, nice PR vid ya little Miley twerker you!  I finally got around to making one, and I just made some edit-tweaks to it.  

Favorite boutique so far is still Laverre.  I haven't seen Snowbelle yet, though.

Haha I think i'd have to get it on principle if it was based in Canada.  I can imagine a lot of new plaid clothes and lumberjack trainers.. :P

Yay!  Glad you liked the video, I went for shock value.  Although I do not appreciate Miley Cyrus reference.  I was more just going for some fine butt action than specific twerking.... Brrrr
I'll make sure to watch yours :D

Snowbelle is probably my favorite Boutique.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2013, 01:09:06 PM »

Canada themed pokemon could work. Although I'm thinking something set in like Nunavut.

--- edit ---

Actually what I'd really like to see is a... Heroes of Might and Magic-styled pokemon game. Pokemon Conquest combat but with a more traditional map exploration component, if you will.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:53:14 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: October 27, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »

Sorry Dice, 'twas just some playful teasing.  If it weren't for the whole Miley thing recently, I'd have referenced some other cheesy song about booty shaking, like "Baby Got Back" or something like that, in response to your vid.

EDIT: Oh, and is it just me, or are the legendaries kinda lame this time around?  I don't know about Xerneas, but Yvaltel kinda sucks.  Seriously, my Yvaltel can't take hits as well as my Pidgeot.  It's sad that my Pidgeot is a stronger battler than a legendary.   

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: October 27, 2013, 07:35:38 PM »

Oh, and is it just me, or are the legendaries kinda lame this time around?  I don't know about Xerneas, but Yvaltel kinda sucks.  Seriously, my Yvaltel can't take hits as well as my Pidgeot.  It's sad that my Pidgeot is a stronger battler than a legendary.   
It only sucks in the fact that we only got just three of them.

No, Mega Evolutions aren't full-fledged Legendaries.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: October 27, 2013, 08:03:45 PM »

From what I'm seeing, Xerneas is a LOT better, being a fairy type.  Yveltal being dark/flying has a LOT more weaknesses.  X is definitely the more appealing Pokemon game what with Xerneas trumping Yveltal and X's Mega-Charizard being dragon-type (Y's isn't).  Man, was I ever wrong thinking Xerneas was a "glorified Stantler." 

I'm still having a blast with Y, though.  Just not using my legendary. 

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: October 28, 2013, 07:10:12 AM »

Currently hunting down Safari exclusive Pokémon through the GTS. Kind of annoying because most of the listings on the GTS are Legendaries or other stupid stuff. So I have to make a listing myself and just hope that people come across it. Electabuzz seems to work well for those purposes. Currently have 29 of the 52 safari exclusives. Once I get all 52, it is on to breeding and evolving everything. Woot! And then I will have every currently available Pokémon in my Pokedex minus two of the legendary birds.

Auuugh.  I still haven't found a black hat yet; closest I got is a brown fedora that just looks goofy on jean and shirt types of clothes.  x(

I'm not too crazy about what the super fashionable place offers in terms of clothes; their accessories are real nice.

I'm almost done the main game (yay), I'm gonna start hunting version-Y exclusives so I can trade them up easily.  I also kinda wanna get into breeding, but I think I gotta read up on that some more.

Also, now that France is out of the way, I want a Pokemon based on Canada. Say whaaa. :)
The series hasn't always taken from real-life places has it?
Looking through Serebii's customization list, I don't think there is a black hat for females. Well there is a Black logo cap, but it is 50% white. I guess they just missed including one (like white socks for guys). Closest thing I can see in the list might be the Felt Hat Navy blue. Don't know which boutique sells it though.

And hurray on nearly beating the game, that means your third Safari Pokémon will unlock soon! Here is hoping it is something good! Speaking of which, anyone check on what my third is yet?
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: October 28, 2013, 05:25:56 PM »

I think the closest to black is navy blue.  Unless the Lumiose boutique had a black hat, but their clothes are too expensive.  

Having visited all the boutiques now, I agree with Dice that Lumiose boutique doesn't have clothes that appeal to me, but they have some nice accessories.  So far, my favorite boutique is actually the bicycle town's one.  I love the colorful jeans.  The snow town and the town with the big crystal sundial have neat clothes too.  I thought the town with the pokeball factory would have my favorite clothes, because it's supposed to cater to weird/quirky style, but outside of that pale yellow smock top, I wasn't feeling much in there.  

BTW, this is hilarious! http://www.p4rgaming.com/peta-member-traumatized-by-pokemon-sues-nintendo-for-emotional-distress/
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:40:26 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: October 28, 2013, 09:47:28 PM »

That was great. My favourite part was

"Sources also say that Bryant recently filed for divorce after catching her husband hiding in the bathroom on the toilet playing the game. He apparently told her to “fuck off” as he was about to catch a Shiny Mr. Mime."

Caught 530 so far. The ones I have left are either trade evolutions like Magmortar, pokemon that evolve at pretty high levels... and Clefable. Secret Super Training is not kind on left handed people but I really need that Moonstone :(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:49:09 PM by Darilon » Logged

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: October 29, 2013, 07:09:09 AM »

Caught 530 so far. The ones I have left are either trade evolutions like Magmortar, pokemon that evolve at pretty high levels... and Clefable. Secret Super Training is not kind on left handed people but I really need that Moonstone :(
Cool, I'm up to 312 now myself with just 2 safari Pokémon left to get. Which I guess means I have 200 evolutions and babies to hunt down. Yay?
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: October 29, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »

TIMEWARP BZZWWWWOOOAAAH

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: October 30, 2013, 06:59:38 AM »

TIMEWARP BZZWWWWOOOAAAH

Those look far too nice to be Red/Blue style sprites. Yellow maybe?
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: October 30, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »

I NEED SOME F***ING RAINY WEATHER FOR MY SLIGGOO>>>>>AUUUGGGGHH

I traded Yvetal for a high level Sylveon because Elite Four.  I didn't much like the look of it at first; but it's so graceful and pretty..... and I've always wanted to do my hair in a cotton candy pink.

Can you breed Eevee and Sylveon?

Also, Mongoosey:  Your Friend on/offline thing... I keep reading "I lick turtles".
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:53:45 PM by Dice » Logged

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: October 30, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »

And?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: October 30, 2013, 05:56:54 PM »

The real question is do you lick squirtles or turtwigs? 

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: October 30, 2013, 06:00:51 PM »

I only lick Tirtouga.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »