Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 02:56:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319107 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gen6: Pokemon X & Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: Gen6: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 18854 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 07:15:54 PM »

I'll play this if the battles aren't slow as molasses. I hated that you couldn't fast forward through battle text in Pokemon Pearl and Diamond.

That's been fixed since Platinum. Battles are very fast in Black & White.

Meh.

Not enough for a pretty grind-heavy game.

When I think of perfect speed + grind I think of FFX or DDS

You can turn off battle animations. You will literally miss the battles if you blink.

Perfect! Exactly what I've been waiting for and why I stopped playing Pokemon after I played Diamond.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »

It's been an option for a very long time :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 07:38:20 PM »

I remember using it in Gold, I think...

EDIT: Yup, since Gold.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:43:25 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »

Huh, Gen 6 already? Well, I am on board anyhow.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 08:34:43 PM »

Between 3D Pokeymans, Soul Hackers, and the new Shantae game, 2013's looking hot for the 3DS so far. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 05:05:15 AM »

The problem is that after the game boy installments sometimes they had the text crawl slower or had this weird delay after a line finishes, so even turning the animations off felt longer. I don't think BW was a exception to this.

This is looking really good. I'm excited. I heard predictions of a full 3D Pokemon in the main series after people saw the 3D pokedex floating around, glad to see it becoming a reality.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 08:54:57 AM »

It has a more playstation generation RPG feel, kind of excited about it  ..kind of.

TASTY!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »

The problem is that after the game boy installments sometimes they had the text crawl slower or had this weird delay after a line finishes, so even turning the animations off felt longer. I don't think BW was a exception to this.

I think BW is an exception to that, actually. Not entirely sure, though, but looking at a video it does seem a heck of a lot faster. I'd pull out my copy, but then I'd have to dig out my DS...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:28:28 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 04:16:14 PM »

Turn animations off and battles go pretty fast in BW. If I recall correctly, the problem with the slow text started in Gen 3 and carried on until Gen 5 fixed it.
Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 06:17:08 PM »

I've been playing RPGs for over two decades now.... yet somehow in all that time I never picked up a pokemon or a kingdom hearts title... well ok, I purposely avoided kingdom hearts because disney makes me feel weird (blasphemous i know).... but pokemon just slipped by me...

sooooo now for the obligatory question.... if I were to entertain the idea of giving these games a shot where should i start..??? So many colors to choose from.... should I even bother playing any of the last installments or just wait for this?

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 06:31:32 PM »

I've been playing RPGs for over two decades now.... yet somehow in all that time I never picked up a pokemon or a kingdom hearts title... well ok, I purposely avoided kingdom hearts because disney makes me feel weird (blasphemous i know).... but pokemon just slipped by me...

sooooo now for the obligatory question.... if I were to entertain the idea of giving these games a shot where should i start..??? So many colors to choose from.... should I even bother playing any of the last installments or just wait for this?

Too early to say if this one will be worth it. I think Pokemon Black/White or HeartGold/SoulSilver are the best to start with. Black/White eases you into the game and is the least grindy. It also has only 150 pokemon to collect in the beginning. HG/SS is the best Pokemon game in general, with the most replay value.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 10:50:44 AM »

Pokemon X/Y boxart revealed. Is best boxart yet by far. -- NeoGAF

The logo is still as ugly as ever though...

#TeamY
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:05:27 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 04:38:01 PM »

I'm really excited for this game, having played each generation more than once. They finally gave us what we wanted: a full 3D pokemon game. i just really hope its worth the 10 years I've been looking forward to something like this. If it's all one big gimmick, and the actually game isn't as good, I'll be very sad.

pigTails of...
wenchwogg

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 08:16:55 PM »

Hyped about the ability to change your protagonist's appearance (even if its only slight alterations). Now if only they'd have the starters be something besides Water/Fire/Grass!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »

Hyped about the ability to change your protagonist's appearance (even if its only slight alterations). Now if only they'd have the starters be something besides Water/Fire/Grass!
Like...

Dragon/Dragon/Dragon?

Kupo'ing to Victory! ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: