Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:37:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334830 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gen6: Pokemon X & Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: Gen6: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 31752 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2013, 06:04:46 AM »

Saving only takes a second! :0

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2013, 06:37:49 AM »

All the new pokemon? (major spoilers obviously)

Code:
Actually if that's all of them, that's only 71 all-new pokemon, strangely enough. Much less than there's been in the past. Still, I don't see any there that immediately disgust me like there have been in the past, like Purugly or Garbador.

Code:
Looks to me like there probably are more for two reasons. 1. I don't believe for a second that Charizard is the only former starter who gets two Mega forms. 2. I don't see a new Mew/Celebi/w/e came afterwards type pokemon in there to be the top secret cute type.

Code:
So far it appears that list is correct, the 69 new pokemon (there's 2 repeats on that list) are the only known ones right now, the only possible extra ones are maybe event ones like the Mew-type for this generation like you mentioned, but even if there are some of those to come that's a really small number of new Pokemon.

I don't really mind though, none of the new designs really annoy me when there's been a lot of those the last few generations.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2013, 09:14:02 PM »

I'm getting my copy on Monday. But until then, I finally took a look at the final evolutions of the starters, and I personally love them all, even Delphox.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2013, 11:05:03 PM »

I think this is the Pokemon that's finally going to get me back into Pokemon. Downloaded at midnight, but after it taking until 2:30 to download, I just went to bed and then played a little this morning. I was shocked at how many Pokemon are available right at the start. Pokemon also level up faster from what I can tell. AND HOLY CRAP IT ONLY TAKES A QUICK MOMENT TO SAVE!!!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2013, 11:28:18 PM »

All bow down to the excellence that is the new EXP Share

EDIT: Also, here is my friend code. Send me a PM with yours and we shall do battle. No tryharding, or I change your forum picture into something terrible. 1907-8665-5776
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:54:08 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2013, 11:48:59 PM »

Don't forget to get your Mystery Gift Torchic, guys! :) And yes, I love the new EXP Share and save quickness.

Hate the player character's friends though. 3 out of 4 of them are as annoying as the D/P/P rival (Barry?). And the Route 1 in this game has to be one of the most pathetically short things ever. Your towns are ten steps away from each other! XD
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2013, 01:18:02 AM »

Knowing about the mystery gift Torchic made me choose Froakie as my starter.  I was originally going to pick Fennekin, because I love psychic types.

Also, speedy saves are super nice.  Lots of good little changes this time around.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2013, 09:06:41 AM »

turns out newegg shipping doesn't deliver on weekends so I won't get this till monday, profound sadness

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2013, 10:34:59 AM »

My firned code is 4725-8055-5978.

This is honestly the first time I've really enjoyed Pokemon since the Gold/Silver duo... I don't like how the bottom screen is used though.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2013, 11:51:41 AM »

And after receiving my gift Torchic, it looks like I'll be using ol' reliable Pidgey as my main flier instead of adorable cool/new Fletchling.  Too bad, because I wanted to see what Fletchling was all about, but since it's fire/flying in its evolutions and I got a kick-butt fire 'mon as a gift...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:09:16 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »

That's good, cause Torchic can't fly. It's a flightless bird. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »

This has probably already been answered, but I'm on the edge of getting this. I haven't played Pokemon since Diamond, and I'm wondering if this has anything that will actually make me enjoy the series again.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2013, 05:32:24 PM »

"Shared EXP."  After your first gym battle, you get this item that gives every pokemon in your party EXP regardless of whether they directly fought in a battle or not.  Makes things less grindy.  And till Jan 14, you can get a free Torchic (with Blaziken megastone) which is a pretty nice bonus.  But, really, the "Shared EXP" feature is the cat's pyjamas.   

I haven't played a Pokemon since Crystal and I'm hooked like a prize trout. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2013, 05:45:25 PM »

I'd recommend it, Bleaker.  They have tweaked a lot of little things to make life better for players.  As Dincrest said, big change to the EXP Share item (which now just sits in your inventory instead of having to be held).  Also, you start the game with running shoes and get roller skates very shortly after leaving home. 

But there are other things too - for example, Tackle is a 50 power move now instead of 35.  String Shot lowers speed "harshly."  And they've organized the wild pokemon so that by the time you hit the second town, you can have normal, flying, fire, water, grass, bug/poison, electric, and normal/fairy types in your crew.  So you don't get stuck rolling around with one starter and a bunch of normals for a few towns any more.  Lots of stuff.  This is a really big update to the series.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2013, 06:05:56 PM »

Great. I'll go buy Y tomorrow. This is going to be very shallow, but as a person who hasn't played Pokemon in forever, I am now judging my purchase of each version based on the fact that I like the color Red more than Blue.
Code:
Also I hear you can get the original gen 1 starters. Is that true?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:09:53 PM by Bleaker » Logged

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: