Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 02:03:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338116 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gen6: Pokemon X & Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: Gen6: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 33625 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2013, 05:52:39 PM »

I said the picture was satirical.  I posted it because it summed up the "common nuances" of what you asked.
Ah, I see.

Well, I've never really been a big fan of judging people for what they wear, no matter how outlandish or poorly combined. I've seen it done way too much when there are more significant things you can judge people for. :P

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »

While I know better than to wear a fedora, in the 90s I did do my part to ruin trenchcoats for everyone.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2013, 05:56:09 PM »

I just hope leather bomber jackets never go that way. :P

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2013, 06:14:49 PM »

People can wear whatever the fuck they want. It's there to hide your nakedness and keep you warm/protect from the sun.
Sheesh... the shit we invent to judge people.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2013, 06:18:06 PM »

I second Annubis and Ashton on this one.  (And I suspect that others of you do as well, and were simply trying to explain the in-game fedora joke.)

I just want to take this opportunity to say that I am an avid hat-wearer and have been for years.  And I look good in most hats, including fedoras.  Know how I know?  Because attractive, stylish people often tell me so.  I think it's the shape of my face and head, because that really affects how you look in different hats.  For example, I look like a moron in a cowboy hat. :)

My Uncle Sam gave me a trenchcoat one time (which I mention because the military made sure it fit me correctly), and I've been complimented on it a time or two as well, but I try to wear it under appropriate circumstances.  Like it's winter and I'm wearing a suit on my way to a funeral, or I'm walking through Manhattan in a shirt and tie on my way to work.  They just don't look good with everything.  Which is fine, because there are plenty of other kinds of jackets that work in other situations.

Also, I am really enjoying this Pokemon game.  I'm glad I took a game off with Black & White 2.  Does anyone know if the Amie system affects when Pokemon evolve who require friendship for evolution?  I'd really like Riolu to evolve, so I've been spending time petting him and playing games with him.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2013, 06:26:47 PM »

I just want to say about the Fedora thing I've always seen it used as the cliche fashion choice for MRA members and other 'unsavory' nerd groups. It had nothing to do with it being a bad fashion choice. If you think it is, that's cool, but that's not the joke.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »

I have no idea about Amie and Happiness, so take this with a grain of salt, but maybe not because Sylveon requires Amie to evolve and Espeon/Umbreon need Happiness, so Amie raising happiness would perhaps cause people to not get the evolution they want?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2013, 06:46:36 PM »

People can wear whatever the fuck they want. It's there to hide your nakedness and keep you warm/protect from the sun.

I won't deny that I've bundle up in enough layers till I'm a goddamn sphere if the weather is cold enough.  And I'll wear that XL shirt when I'm having a "cozy day".  
But I think it's important to pick your battles haha.  Like I said, you probably won't go on an interview or a date in lace underwear and a Hawaiian shirt. :P

@Took: I'm jealous because I look like hell in most hats...my head's to large or something, I can only rock equally big knit hats. >=/

I have no idea about Amie and Happiness, so take this with a grain of salt, but maybe not because Sylveon requires Amie to evolve and Espeon/Umbreon need Happiness, so Amie raising happiness would perhaps cause people to not get the evolution they want?

I can't answer
I think that's why my pokemon interest fades in and out.  I don't really get much enjoyment in the "raising" aspect.  Or I'm no good at it (probably that).  I've been having fun anyways and this is definitely a mighty large step for the series.  I have no real idea what Amie is but I'm enjoying it anyways.

Also a big plus to the EXP share for making me "less nervous" about taking time with certain Pokemon to see if I like them.  It shaves a lot of time from individual swapping and training.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2013, 07:12:54 PM »

https://twitter.com/Poke_Doctor/status/390233097607720960/photo/1
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2013, 07:29:27 PM »

The whole fedora thing is just another one of those internet meme assaults that make people think that something is a lot more prevalent than it actually is. Yes, there's a lot of nerds that wear a fedora when they really shouldn't be, but it's not much more prevalent then any other piece of clothing and it just seems that way to you because of actual nerds who constantly blow it out of proportion so you tend to notice it when it happens more.

It's been associated with various groups (nerds, hipsters, emos, atheists etc) and it went from being a joke to just another way for stupid people to misdirect a discussion with ad hominem attacks.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2013, 07:34:29 PM »

When I think fedora, I think the old-school Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' disguises when they'd take to the streets during daylight.  Trench coats and fedoras. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2013, 07:46:03 PM »

The whole fedora thing is just another one of those internet meme assaults that make people think that something is a lot more prevalent than it actually is. Yes, there's a lot of nerds that wear a fedora when they really shouldn't be, but it's not much more prevalent then any other piece of clothing and it just seems that way to you because of actual nerds who constantly blow it out of proportion so you tend to notice it when it happens more.

It's been associated with various groups (nerds, hipsters, emos, atheists etc) and it went from being a joke to just another way for stupid people to misdirect a discussion with ad hominem attacks.

The internet blows things out of proportion now?

When I think fedora, I think the old-school Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' disguises when they'd take to the streets during daylight.  Trench coats and fedoras. 

I almost forgot about this. xD
As if the three green fingers and green legs didn't say enough

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2013, 09:08:38 PM »

Right? 

ASIDE:  I have a bunch of ya's provisionally friended.  Do add me, please.  2208-4742-2278

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2013, 10:03:24 PM »

Am I the only one who still thinks of Indiana Jones when I hear fedora?

Anyway. Just got done with the second Gym. The gyms are a lot more creative this time around. They are straightforward so far, but they each have more of a cool asthetic too it.

I'm also regretting grabbing Fennekin. I love it, its just that I should have picked a grass type for the first one, seeing as I can get a free fire type from that mystery gift, and then a water type later on. Really enjoying the game though. I do not like the huge time gap between gym 1 and 2 though. Gym battles are always the progression chart for me, and if I don't fight one in a long time, I don't feel like I'm making any progress. Anyone else feel that?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2013, 10:07:12 PM »

The 7th gym is very cool looking. I don't want to spoil it though.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: