Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 03:13:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341071 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gen6: Pokemon X & Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: Gen6: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 35171 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2013, 11:20:51 PM »

Well, an unlucky Water Shuriken is only 30 damage. Even a max one is only 75 damage, while Waterfall is a flat 80. I guess the priority in Water Shuriken is nice, but Greninja is already super fast and will outspeed most things in the game already.

*shrugs* I was just showing that it wasn't all bad, like there were no options at all, I wasn't saying you were wrong.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2013, 11:28:53 PM »

Well, I was lamenting that it has few other physical choices, because regardless of the low base damage, water shuriken is badass as hell and if I went physical I'd use that over Waterfall.

Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2013, 10:40:18 AM »

My friend code is 2492-5246-8944.
(AAAAGH I TOLD MYSELF I WASN'T GOING TO GET IT AT LAUNCH)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: October 20, 2013, 07:56:25 AM »

Soooo....I have one badge right now and a level 45 Delphox. Catching them all is really good exp if you destroy everything you encounter and do not catch. Also makes the game take freaking forever when hunting for stuff like Abra. Unfortunately I'm getting to the point where even my weakest Pokémon can occasionally OHKO wild Pokémon with his weakest move. >.> So I basically just have to paralyze them and then throw Pokeballs (or at least rare ones that I don't want to experiment survivability with). Bright side, I have the Chateau unlocked. I love that place it basically amounts to mugging rich people, so I can afford to throw massive numbers of pokeballs. I've been there twice today and already made up for the two challenge letters or w/e that sent out.

Side note, I feel like I must be doing something wrong when it comes to friends. I've added everyone who has posted their ID, but my friend list is still empty in game. I know two people who have added each other have to be on at the same time for the systems to register the friendship, but I was basically online all day yesterday. Hell I left my game on after I went to bed to try and catch anyone who is a night owl. Still empty. So three possibilities, no one signed on Saturday, no one has added me, or I am screwing this up somehow. I double checked and my friend code that I posted is accurate. So is there some secret handshake that I'm supposed to use that I would know about if I read the 3DS manual?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: October 20, 2013, 09:52:00 AM »

I'm online now. :)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: October 20, 2013, 10:25:11 AM »

Hurray I can make friends! Well kinda at least. My 3DS has registered you, but my in game list doesn't include you. I seem to need to go to the home button to get the friend registered and I guess the next time you sign on in Pokémon (because you seem to have signed off 6 min before I checked my 3DS friend list) while I am on you'll get added to my in-game friends....Maybe? Hopefully I provide some kind of awesome Safari Zone Pokémon. Oh well whatever, I'm off to go mug some rich people again. I'll be on all day again so hopefully I'll have some in game friends registered by the end of the day.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: October 20, 2013, 10:35:25 AM »

You have a Grass-type Safari and you have wild Petilil and Tangela. :D

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: October 20, 2013, 11:18:43 AM »

I still need to add a few of you. 

And I think I made an uh oh.  I get the feeling I evolved my level 26 Eevee into Jolteon too late to learn Pin Missile.  I really want that move since it's a bug type move and will add diversity to my party's overall movepool.  Anyone know when Jolteon learns Pin Missile in X/Y?  If I'm too late, then I definitely want to try and trade for a Jolteon with Pin Missile.  Because right now, the only other decent electric type I have now is a level 18 Helioptile and everyone else in my party is level 31- 38. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: October 20, 2013, 11:59:22 AM »

Hurray I can make friends! Well kinda at least. My 3DS has registered you, but my in game list doesn't include you. I seem to need to go to the home button to get the friend registered and I guess the next time you sign on in Pokémon (because you seem to have signed off 6 min before I checked my 3DS friend list) while I am on you'll get added to my in-game friends....Maybe? Hopefully I provide some kind of awesome Safari Zone Pokémon. Oh well whatever, I'm off to go mug some rich people again. I'll be on all day again so hopefully I'll have some in game friends registered by the end of the day.

you haveta both add each other in order to see each other on friend list. Nintendo friend systems are hard. Also, on last badge, breeding eevees en masse.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: October 20, 2013, 12:00:55 PM »

Neal: I think traditionally Jolteon learns Pin Missile at level 36.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2013, 12:14:57 PM »

Unfortunately I'm getting to the point where even my weakest Pokémon can occasionally OHKO wild Pokémon with his weakest move. >.>

One of the scientists in the Pokemon Lab in Lumiose City will give you a TM for False Swipe, which leaves the enemy with 1 HP.  Beedrill and Pancham can learn it, I know.  To catch Abra, I led my party with someone who had a move to make people sleep.  Found one, put him to sleep, then threw a quick ball.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »

mug rich people at battle cheateau every 10 minutes, buy everything with that delicious 25% off o-power. planting berries is so fun too

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2013, 08:36:38 PM »

Neal: I think traditionally Jolteon learns Pin Missile at level 36.

Sweet, thanks.  I ask because I thought in some versions he learned it at 25.  I do like Helioptile, but mine's so weak compared to the rest of my party.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2013, 08:51:08 PM »

Din, you just contacted me in game I think, and I totally accidentally hit the cancel button at the exact moment, so I just wanted to say sorry! I wasn't trying to snub you, haha.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »

All good.  I don't remember initiating a game chat, but I do give people O-powers every so often.  I haven't tried the game chat yet.  Whatever, we'll have plenty of opportunities for play dates. 

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: