Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 10:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331704 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gen6: Pokemon X & Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: Gen6: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 29625 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: October 25, 2013, 06:55:43 AM »

Trying to hunt down a Xerneas on GTS right now so that I can get all the legendaries, but it seems that I am going to have to give up another legendary to get it. Thinking I'll probably give up on Mewtwo or w/e my legendary bird is since I'll be able to transfer those in during December, but I keep hoping to see a crap trade on the GTS that I can match.

Okay, I am having WAAAY too much fun playing dress-up with my character.  I'm spending almost all my money on clothes.  I just wish that the boutiques had a layaway option, because in Laverre town, I found this killer off-white smock but didn't have enough money for it.  The next day when I had money, it was gone and in its place was a purple one.  It's nice, but I really wanted that off-white one.
The items in the botiques rotate based on days, so one option if you really really want the smock would be to change your 3DS system date to yesterday buy it and then change it back. Anyways, it isn't like there is anything else to spend huge amounts of money on. You can just beat up a Duke and get enough money to buy Pokeballs for two or three days.

They seem to have really gone all out on the female character customisation. Unfortunately I am playing a guy which means my options are pretty limited.

Anybody buy anything with their pokemiles yet. I looked up on Global Link and the only things that seem worth getting are Rare Candy and Heart Scales.
Yeah, they really should have put in more male options, and they also should have made it so you don't have to wear a stupid freakin hat. >.>

I haven't gotten anything yet because as you said there really isn't anything worth getting. I however read in the (physical) guide that you can buy an item that cuts the price of clothes in half with Pokemiles in game, but it isn't in the shop list, so I dunno if you really can and if so what the price is.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: October 25, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »

They seem to have really gone all out on the female character customisation. Unfortunately I am playing a guy which means my options are pretty limited.

Anybody buy anything with their pokemiles yet. I looked up on Global Link and the only things that seem worth getting are Rare Candy and Heart Scales.

I think only in hair styles.  Which is a bit of a drag.  But he gets just as many clothes, so that's something.  I am more troubled by the mandatory hat though.  Still, speaking ANY hairdo can happen in the Pokemon world, I'm surprised they limited the Male MC to 4 basic styles.

I'm more offended the female doesn't get a simple black hat (or I haven't seen one).  I can't see Pokemon games int he future without this heavy customization though, so hopefully it'll only get better

Also, how come some of the "Passerbys" look like Gym leaders or trainers?

....and does anyone else get creeped out about Pokemon-people-sized contact lenses?  They'd be a giant OVALS. 0_0

http://i.imgur.com/A1qFKmo.png
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:11:52 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: October 25, 2013, 12:03:24 PM »

I just wanna take my hat off.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: October 25, 2013, 12:25:55 PM »

http://imgur.com/gallery/l8n66
i love when artists flesh it out more

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: October 25, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »

The update fixing the save bug in Lumiose City is live. Grab it ASAP!

Also: Torchic's gender ratio pisses me off.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:45:21 PM by Ashton » Logged

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: October 25, 2013, 12:50:26 PM »

Every starters gender ratio is the same, you always have a higher chance of getting a male. Even the clearly female looking starters like Chikorita. It's dumb.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: October 25, 2013, 12:52:25 PM »

The update fixing the save bug in Lumiose City is live. Grab it ASAP!

It also fixes the GTS bug.
I can now exclude legendary pokemon and only include pokemon I own without the 3DS crashing <3

How is everyone doing with their Pokedex? I only have 476 seen and 456 caught so far. I have heard some people say they have completed it as far as all currently available pokemon are concerned which sounds crazy to me.

The pics Dice linked also look awesome with Weepinduo being my favourite by far.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:54:41 PM by Darilon » Logged

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: October 25, 2013, 12:56:45 PM »

Every starters gender ratio is the same, you always have a higher chance of getting a male. Even the clearly female looking starters like Chikorita. It's dumb.
I don't think any of them look clearly male or clearly female, but it's messing with my breeding efficiency. Trying to breed a female Torchic with Speed Boost is a pain in the ass.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: October 25, 2013, 01:02:19 PM »

I dunno, i really think Chikorita looks female. Not to mention its name, Chikorita/chiquita. And its flower buds form a necklace.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: October 25, 2013, 01:09:40 PM »

Never looked at it that way, but now I can't not see it.

It's equally irritating when it's something like, say, Vulpix, which has an overabundance of females. If inheritance didn't work the way it did I wouldn't be as annoyed.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: October 25, 2013, 02:51:50 PM »

The biggest of gender complaints is how it's harder to catch a male Litleo, because it's a fact that female lions are the ones who go out hunting in real life than males do.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: October 25, 2013, 04:46:59 PM »

Okay, I am having WAAAY too much fun playing dress-up with my character.  I'm spending almost all my money on clothes.  I just wish that the boutiques had a layaway option, because in Laverre town, I found this killer off-white smock but didn't have enough money for it.  The next day when I had money, it was gone and in its place was a purple one.  It's nice, but I really wanted that off-white one.
The items in the botiques rotate based on days, so one option if you really really want the smock would be to change your 3DS system date to yesterday buy it and then change it back. Anyways, it isn't like there is anything else to spend huge amounts of money on. You can just beat up a Duke and get enough money to buy Pokeballs for two or three days.

Nah, I'm too damn lazy to do the 3DS date-change thingy.  As for my money woes, you're right, I could mug the hell out of rich people in the manor. 

And Grieg- I agree with you.  I want to remove Cresta's hat too.  I mean, her haircut looks so great that plopping a hat over it is a travesty.  She still looks good rockin' the hats, while kicking boys' asses, though. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: October 25, 2013, 04:53:57 PM »

A good way to earn lots of money is to go to Restaurant Le Wow with an amulet coin, activate prize money level 3, and do the double battle (which is easiest to achieve perfect battles in). My average return is 200,000 for 7 to 10 minutes.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: October 25, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »

Yeah, game throws money at you.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: October 25, 2013, 09:46:45 PM »

I made what I think is my best PR video so far. 

PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT GOZAIMASU.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: