Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 10:21:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329322 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gen6: Pokemon X & Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: Gen6: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 27528 times)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: October 25, 2013, 10:23:09 PM »

I made what I think is my best PR video so far. 

PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT GOZAIMASU.
Are you advertising the L'oreal Kalos brand?

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: October 25, 2013, 10:27:28 PM »

You'll never top Don't Drop That Dedenne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlxaWFDCDUE

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: October 26, 2013, 07:24:43 AM »

So yesterday I saw someone trading a legendary for a low level Pikachu. I was so pissed that my Pikachu didn't match the requirements. x_x Right now someone wants a high level Aegislash for one. Might be able to get that one if I do some power leveling...Edit: Nope already traded by the time I realized I had enough rare candies to hit the level. I swear one of these days  will get a legendary by trade for a non-legendary. >.>

It also fixes the GTS bug.
I can now exclude legendary pokemon and only include pokemon I own without the 3DS crashing <3

How is everyone doing with their Pokedex? I only have 476 seen and 456 caught so far. I have heard some people say they have completed it as far as all currently available pokemon are concerned which sounds crazy to me.

The pics Dice linked also look awesome with Weepinduo being my favourite by far.

I've seen 350 and caught 211 I just got to the last city and have caught nearly everything in the routes so far and traded for all version exclusives(except for Xerneas). I haven't bothered evolving/breeding the giant number of Pokémon in my PC yet to fill out all the evoluions yet. Considering you have seen 476, I am guessing that the safari zone has Pokémon exclusive to the Nationaldex? As I believe that the total from the three regional dexes should be around little above 453?. Any idea on what the total currently available is?

I made what I think is my best PR video so far.  

PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT GOZAIMASU.
Would love to, but you haven't added me as a friend yet. *glare*
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:39:46 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: October 26, 2013, 07:52:57 AM »

I've seen 350 and caught 211 I just got to the last city and have caught nearly everything in the routes so far and traded for all version exclusives(except for Xerneas). I haven't bothered evolving/breeding the giant number of Pokémon in my PC yet to fill out all the evoluions yet. Considering you have seen 476, I am guessing that the safari zone has Pokémon exclusive to the Nationaldex? As I believe that the total from the three regional dexes should be around little above 453?. Any idea on what the total currently available is?

I basically renamed two boxes "Breeding" and stuffed everything that had a pre-evolution I was missing into.  Yeah the Friend Safari has loads of pokemon that are only available in the national dex and also six of the seven currently available starters, only missing Torchic.

I tried to calculate how much pokemon were available a few days ago and I think the number was around 595.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: October 26, 2013, 01:02:25 PM »

RANADIEL AND OTHER STRANGE ALIENS:

Lemme know you added me and follow up with yer own

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: October 26, 2013, 04:41:32 PM »

I will add you Dice
My Friend safari list is disappointingly almost empty :(
I needs moar Pokeymans
FC 2836-1129-5566

Added you back too Ranadiel. Didn't notice you said you added everyone, a few pages back.

Oh and Serebii updated their Friend Safari to show what pokemon are available. More detailed and a hell of a lot easier to read than it was yesterday.
http://www.serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

I love that you can get all evolution stones from super training now. Unlimited Moon Stones!

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: October 27, 2013, 12:30:34 AM »

EDIT: And in keeping with the general Pokemon discussion, I gotta ask: What's your favorite Eevee-lution?  Looks-wise, my favorite is Umbreon but my absolute favorite Eevee-lution is Jolteon.  Jolteon is a hyper-fast electric type who learns the bug-type move Pin Missile, which proves quite useful.  With all the other Eevee-lutions, I can easily find better Pokemon in those types, but when it comes to electric types, even if there are "superior" ones, Jolteon is still my favorite electric-type that best fits my playing style.  

EDIT 2: And Ranadiel- I found the smock I wanted!  I have a few in various colors, but the pale yellow one that's almost off-white is easily my favorite.  I don't care that the Lumiose City boutique doesn't think Cresta's stylish enough.  I luffers Cresta's style, I think she looks great in my PR vid, and Lumiose can't handle our coolness, awesomeness, and radicalness.  

Man, I am such a girl...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:13:03 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: October 27, 2013, 12:32:05 AM »

Favourite Eeveelution is Espeon. Elegant, powerful and stylish.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2013, 02:39:30 AM »

Jolteon. He used to lead my competitive team. Modest nature w/ Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Volt Switch, Signal Beam was fantastic. Would have liked Hidden Power Ice, but I could never get the right IVs.

Neal, if Signal Beam is still a TM in Gen VI, use that in place of Pin Missile. It's a special-type bug move that will do stacks more damage than pin missile.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2013, 07:49:44 AM »

Beat the game yesterday. Now onto breeding and evolving. Also got a Xerneas yesterday for a Yv that I got for my Zapdos. Wish it was in a Premier Ball like the rest of my legendaries, but I doubt I will find that easily on the GTS since I would be trading blind.

RANADIEL AND OTHER STRANGE ALIENS:

Lemme know you added me and follow up with yer own
....I added you (and everyone else) like 5 pages ago. :p My code is 4398-9231-9417 so you don't have to dig it up.

EDIT: And in keeping with the general Pokemon discussion, I gotta ask: What's your favorite Eevee-lution?  Looks-wise, my favorite is Umbreon but my absolute favorite Eevee-lution is Jolteon.  Jolteon is a hyper-fast electric type who learns the bug-type move Pin Missile, which proves quite useful.  With all the other Eevee-lutions, I can easily find better Pokemon in those types, but when it comes to electric types, even if there are "superior" ones, Jolteon is still my favorite electric-type that best fits my playing style. 

EDIT 2: And Ranadiel- I found the smock I wanted!  I have a few in various colors, but the pale yellow one that's almost off-white is easily my favorite.  I don't care that the Lumiose City boutique doesn't think Cresta's stylish enough.  I luffers Cresta's style, I think she looks great in my PR vid, and Lumiose can't handle our coolness, awesomeness, and radicalness. 

Man, I am such a girl...
I'm going to go with the new one. I don't really use any of the Eeveelutions, so this is based solely on appearance and I think it is the best looking one. I do like several of the other ones though.....and it just occurred to me that they need to add a steel based Eevee. That would be amazing....probably.

Cool. And Lumiose style isn't based on clothes. It is actually popularity. Go do stuff in Lumiose and then they will accept you as one their own. If you want to quickly cheese it, just go to the Pokeball store, use highest Bargain level you have, buy Premier Balls until you have more than 100, and you will be considered stylish! Which can be used to get the egg hatching O-power! To be precise you need to have max "style." Only ways to check for max "style" that I can think of is being offered the Kanto starter mega evolution stones for 10,000 from the guy in the Stone Emporium and getting the egg power from the pink suited molester in the communication cafe.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: October 27, 2013, 09:15:19 AM »

Neal, if Signal Beam is still a TM in Gen VI, use that in place of Pin Missile. It's a special-type bug move that will do stacks more damage than pin missile.

I haven't found it is a TM yet, but my Meowstic learned it so that was a nice surprise.  

EDIT: Oh, and forget cheesing it.  I'm having too much fun exploring Lumiose and doing things the old fashioned way.  Pavement pounding is something I like to do.  I have a reputation in my band for being a schmoozer and the "one man street team."  And I'm not gonna lie, as I'm doing my thing in Lumiose, this song is going through my head:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwTqjDhxYq0
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:04:41 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »

Auuugh.  I still haven't found a black hat yet; closest I got is a brown fedora that just looks goofy on jean and shirt types of clothes.  x(

I'm not too crazy about what the super fashionable place offers in terms of clothes; their accessories are real nice.

I'm almost done the main game (yay), I'm gonna start hunting version-Y exclusives so I can trade them up easily.  I also kinda wanna get into breeding, but I think I gotta read up on that some more.

Also, now that France is out of the way, I want a Pokemon based on Canada. Say whaaa. :)
The series hasn't always taken from real-life places has it?

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2013, 11:59:37 AM »

It has.  Kanto was based somewhat on the Kanto region of Japan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kant%C5%8D_region

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/x3V0mjw.jpg

Just in case y'all need.

It has.  Kanto was based somewhat on the Kanto region of Japan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kant%C5%8D_region

Probably shoulda known that...d'oh.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: October 27, 2013, 12:22:20 PM »

And I say why not a location with a Canadian feel to it?  It's a pretty underrated country with a variety of cultures and subcultures in it.  Then again, maybe it shouldn't be trend-spotlighted so that it still maintains its "best kept secret" level of coolness.  

By the way, nice PR vid ya little Miley twerker you!  I finally got around to making one, and I just made some edit-tweaks to it.  

Favorite boutique so far is still Laverre.  I haven't seen Snowbelle yet, though.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:24:33 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: