Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 03:23:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319307 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gen6: Pokemon X & Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: Gen6: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 19117 times)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: November 02, 2013, 10:21:06 PM »

If only America could have gifts like these, they would sell like pancakes with honey an orange juice.

Something's off with an egg... ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: November 03, 2013, 01:06:13 AM »

From my stranger friends on Twitter, it has become apparent that Fennekin's final evolution was designed BY furries FOR furries.

Then what do you call people with Gardevoir fetishes?  Leafies?  Floweries?  Petal pushers? 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 05:13:29 PM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: November 03, 2013, 01:08:10 AM »

I have only one thing to say about this conversation: Lopunny.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: November 03, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »

Delphox, Lopunny, Gardevoir, Meloetta, http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/18405/595872-1348749366847a.jpg

All this makes the new Pokemon-amie feature seem so so wrong.  

Anyway, I'm making bank working at the hotel now (I'm doing post-game stuff; really enjoying the detective sidequest), buying new clothes (duh), and just made another PR video, which I think is better than my first one.  

EDIT: And, I'll admit, the idea of the friendly rival/ group of friends is growing on me.  And I'm digging the worldbuilding.  Little things like the old man in the sundial city
Code:
who's lonely and asks you to lend him a lowbie Pokemon.  Post game, you see a pokeball in his house and a letter.  Simple, yet kinda poignant.
do enhance the story.  And maybe because I'm more aware of the conspiracy theories, the whole "New World Order" slant of Team Flare added some gravity to them.  It wasn't necessarily comical villains like Jesse and James of Team Rocket, but there was some comic relief from the grunts. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:44:43 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: November 04, 2013, 06:25:55 AM »

Whee, made serious progress in my Pokedex over the weekend. Currently at 498 with 14/19 of the eggs needed to complete the Kalos Dex.  Then there is 7 level evolutions I need. And then it is on to handling the evolutions/babies for Safari Pokémon!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: November 05, 2013, 12:51:45 AM »

http://imgur.com/a/NncyO?gallery
Awesome artist draws first evo pokemon wearing a hoodie of their next evos!

The results are adorable.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: November 05, 2013, 01:30:35 AM »

Piplup wins!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 05, 2013, 01:54:54 AM »

Love 'em - nice find. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: November 05, 2013, 05:29:14 AM »

I'm honestly stumped as to the massive appeal of the Pokemon games, I got good old Red back when I was a kid capable of putting hundreds of hours into tedious level grinding and even then couldn't bring myself to stick to the end. These days every time I get the chance to play a bit of Pokemon I get instantly bored and put it down. I suppose its the "gotta catch them all" mechanic that appeals to the many OCD gamers. Its massive popularity has to come from somewhere, so I'm probably in the minority here.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:33:12 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: November 05, 2013, 06:22:00 AM »

Yes! Finished up the Kalos Pokedex last night. Now I have the Oval charm! Current Pokedex is at 550! Assuming I haven't missed anything, I currently need 19 eggs, 10 level evolutions, and 5 stone evolutions. Edit: Oh right the fossil Pokémon. That adds a few more.

Oh right legendary birds.....anyone feel like donating one of them to me? :p
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:29:06 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: November 05, 2013, 07:39:22 AM »

http://imgur.com/a/NncyO?gallery
Awesome artist draws first evo pokemon wearing a hoodie of their next evos!

The results are adorable.

My faves are Treecko, Turtwig, and Purrloin. 

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: November 05, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »

So I want to get my dex filled to the top by trading Pokémon that can only evolve through trades. Is anyone up for it? Warning: This is going to be kind of long, trading Pokémon back and forth.

Something's off with an egg... ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 05, 2013, 11:14:46 AM »

I'm honestly stumped as to the massive appeal of the Pokemon games, I got good old Red back when I was a kid capable of putting hundreds of hours into tedious level grinding and even then couldn't bring myself to stick to the end. These days every time I get the chance to play a bit of Pokemon I get instantly bored and put it down. I suppose its the "gotta catch them all" mechanic that appeals to the many OCD gamers. Its massive popularity has to come from somewhere, so I'm probably in the minority here.

It is pretty tough to describe, but I think those of us who do enjoy it get a bit of a rush from catching a new pokemon or evolving someone new that we didn't have before.  And while this may differ for folks who play competitively, I think there's a lot of fun to be had in knowing that there are a ton of options for building your team for beating the final bosses, your team for catching pokemon, your team for...

That said, as someone who played Red for more hours than it could count (its clock maxed out at 256 hours) and caught 'em all that time, my enthusiasm for the series has waned over the years.  I didn't even play Black & White 2.  But all of the updates that they made for X & Y really freshened it up for me and got me into the old spirit.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: November 05, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »

And it's different for different people.  I was addicted as hell to Pokemon Crystal and then was not at all interested in Pokemon... until X and Y.  I don't what it is that pulled me back in, especially after not caring for three generations.  And while Crystal did require a lot of grinding, X and Y put together a whole bunch of little tweaks that pretty much eliminate grinding.  I didn't really have to grind at all, and oftentimes was overpowered when trying to catch wild pokemon.  

EDIT: And I'm having too much fun with PR video making.  I have my first one (with a couple of mods) and two others that I like.  I can't decide which of the 3 is my best one.

EDIT 2: And when filling out your PSS profile, am I the only one who's a little disappointed by the limited answers?  Like, some of the questions I can't answer because the ones pertaining to me aren't there.  I wish that, like with the messages, you could write in your own responses.  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:28:00 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: November 06, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »

Woot finished getting all 595 Pokémon that are currently available. Found a Xerneas on GTS last night for a Sloking and I was able to trade a spare Xerneas for an Articuno and then Moltres. So woot. I am considering playing long enough to get all TMs, but grinding BP seems kind of annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: