Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 12:03:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327926 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gen6: Pokemon X & Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: Gen6: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 25756 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: November 06, 2013, 08:00:09 AM »

I am considering playing long enough to get all TMs, but grinding BP seems kind of annoying.

Yeah, grinding BP sucks. If you beat 20 fights in a row in the Battle Maison though, you unlock super fights which let you start earning 2BP at the beginning rather than 1. Still slow but a hell of a lot faster than the first type.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: November 06, 2013, 11:27:30 PM »

I have a box full of Proakies with their hidden ability, Protean. Anybody want one before I put the lot of them onto Wonder Trade?

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: November 06, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »

I have a box full of Proakies with their hidden ability, Protean. Anybody want one before I put the lot of them onto Wonder Trade?
Well, since you're being generous, I shall take one. And also because your FC shall be a fine addition to my Friend Safari list. PMing my FC to you.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: November 07, 2013, 06:43:18 AM »

I am considering playing long enough to get all TMs, but grinding BP seems kind of annoying.

Yeah, grinding BP sucks. If you beat 20 fights in a row in the Battle Maison though, you unlock super fights which let you start earning 2BP at the beginning rather than 1. Still slow but a hell of a lot faster than the first type.
Yeah, I've unlocked the single super fights when I was grinding for evolution items, but part of the problem is I just don't have a group of Pokémon that I like for the battles. My team when I was going through the first 20 battles (during which I amazing did not lose once) was Delphox, Charizard, and Azumarril. Obviously I have a serious weakness to water and ground with this group. I don't have a lot of other options that I really see. Delphox is staying because he is my most effective Pokémon. I could bring in my Aegislash, but he doesn't seem to have particularly good offense (probably low IVs and EVs in offense stats). I could use Blaziken, but well fire (yes half of my battle party was fire during the main game). My only other party Pokémon is Bellosem who was built as my capturer, so she has no offense. That leaves me with my legendaries as options, but I have no idea as to which of those would be effective.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: November 07, 2013, 07:23:43 PM »

Say hey, does anyone know if the coupon for the Lumiose Boutique even exists?  I heard patrons talking about it like it was a rumor.  Because although I want the black trenchcoat dress, 300K is a LOT to pony up.  200K for the black purse is a lot to pony up too.  

Oh, and doing PR video show-and-tell with random passerby is fun. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: November 07, 2013, 07:41:12 PM »

Say hey, does anyone know if the coupon for the Lumiose Boutique even exists?  I heard patrons talking about it like it was a rumor.  Because although I want the black trenchcoat dress, 300K is a LOT to pony up.  200K for the black purse is a lot to pony up too.

I'm starting to think that coupon is actually a random piece of DLC. Nobody has found the coupon.

But it doesn't matter to me anymore. I'm super stinky rich thanks to abusing the Battle Chateau with an Amulet Coin strapped on.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:21:03 AM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: November 08, 2013, 10:10:24 AM »

So the coupon is a Lumiose urban myth then.  Kinda cool, since I like urban myths. 

I don't have a Lucky Coin, but I'm making decent bank now with an Amulet Coin.  And working at the hotel every day is 30K easy. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: November 08, 2013, 10:21:23 AM »

So the coupon is a Lumiose urban myth then.  Kinda cool, since I like urban myths. 

I don't have a Lucky Coin, but I'm making decent bank now with an Amulet Coin.  And working at the hotel every day is 30K easy. 
Oops. Sorry. That was a typo.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: November 08, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »

All good.  I actually prefer "Lucky Coin."  It makes more sense. 

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: November 08, 2013, 06:37:50 PM »

Say hey, does anyone know if the coupon for the Lumiose Boutique even exists?  I heard patrons talking about it like it was a rumor.  Because although I want the black trenchcoat dress, 300K is a LOT to pony up.  200K for the black purse is a lot to pony up too.  

You get it with Pokemiles according to the guide book.....no really knows the details at the moment though. People are speculating that it might be unlocked through the currently unreleased attractions though. Really though just battle your way up to Grand Duke status using the Amulet Coin on your first Pokémon and the Gold Writ once it unlocks (actually use the best Writs you have unlocked for maximum grinding). You'll have so much money coming out of your ears by the end that you can buy all the outfits and still have money left over....well male outfits at least. I think females have more outfits so you might need a bit more grinding.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: November 08, 2013, 07:18:44 PM »

Say hey, does anyone know if the coupon for the Lumiose Boutique even exists?  I heard patrons talking about it like it was a rumor.  Because although I want the black trenchcoat dress, 300K is a LOT to pony up.  200K for the black purse is a lot to pony up too. 

You get it with Pokemiles according to the guide book.....no really knows the details at the moment though. People are speculating that it might be unlocked through the currently unreleased attractions though. Really though just battle your way up to Grand Duke status using the Amulet Coin on your first Pokémon and the Gold Writ once it unlocks (actually use the best Writs you have unlocked for maximum grinding). You'll have so much money coming out of your ears by the end that you can buy all the outfits and still have money left over....well male outfits at least. I think females have more outfits so you might need a bit more grinding.
I'm a (3) Millionaire as of now, and I think I can buy Alcatraz if I wanted.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:43:05 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: November 09, 2013, 07:30:44 AM »

3 million? Plebian. I only interact with people with at least 4 million. Harumph.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: November 09, 2013, 12:28:04 PM »

3 million? Plebian. I only interact with people with at least 4 million. Harumph.
I do not speak with people who pick their clothes out of a trash can. Ho-ho-ho-ho!

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: November 09, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »

The worst is that creepy old guy who tells me I should bask in the essence of old man dandyism or something like that.  It's made extra creepy given that I play as a girl.  

EDIT: And Chris, I just think that girl's jealous because she's forced to wear the same clothes day in and day out whereas I can actually change my clothing style on a whim. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:16:04 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2013, 08:24:29 AM »

So yesterday I believe I finished collecting friend safaris as I believe I now have access to every single Pokémon in the friend safaris.....I have almost no intention of actually doing anything with most of these Pokémon, but completionist drive or something like that. >.>

I do not speak with people who pick their clothes out of a trash can. Ho-ho-ho-ho!
Oh my, the underclass is getting uppity. It is alright for you admit that you are jealous of my fancy shiny pants that I bought in Luminose or the designer bag that I got there as well. No one will think less of you for desiring to be as fashionable as your betters. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

The worst is that creepy old guy who tells me I should bask in the essence of old man dandyism or something like that.  It's made extra creepy given that I play as a girl.   
Really? I thought the worst was the bonding guy. I never decided whether that guy is creepier for guys or for girls. Just remember it is bonding time! *fade to black*
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: