Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 11:47:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327380 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Mitsuda: When I quit Square, I wanted to devote more time to my own projects
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mitsuda: When I quit Square, I wanted to devote more time to my own projects  (Read 1110 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:27:36 PM »

GameMusic.net: First of all, thank you for meeting with us and for your time. You have a lot of fans in Poland and I'm sure the readers of GameMusic.net are eager to know the answers to the questions me and my colleague are going to ask.

The tendency for gamers to finance projects via the Kickstarter website started to positively affect game music composers as well. The spectacular success of the German composer Chris Huelsbeck (whose music was played during the Symphonic Shades concert, produced by Thomas Böcker) is more than likely to encourage many other artists to take part in such a project. Have you considered doing so?

Yasunori Mitsuda: I learned about Kickstarter just yesterday so I didn't really have much time to consider this, but naturally, I was excited to learn about it and we'll give it serious consideration and, perhaps, make an album. Maybe Kickstarter will be used to release a Chrono Cross album.

Interview / 15.07.2012
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »

Well, I missed this. Thanks for posting it! I sure would love to see them release a Chrono Cross album funded via Kickstarter. Of course, it would get smashed into pieces by SE's legal team so fast your eyes would be flashing OCREMIX FF6 KICKSTARTER all over again.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:15:15 AM »

I coulda *sworn* he WAS working on a fancy CC album.  Then he was "working on it", then we got radio silence for like 7 years.

Anyways, I love his work, godspeed to whatever he wants to do.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 06:42:25 PM »

Thank you very much for posting this;  Mitsuda has been my favorite for years; I had no idea he was working on Soul Sacrifice.  I'm not really interested in Kickstarter, but I might donate some if he does choose to start.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: