Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:56:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319698 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Pandora's Tower is Coming
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Pandora's Tower is Coming  (Read 1921 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 16, 2013, 12:11:34 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1024.html

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 12:30:39 PM »

Wow... I can't freakin' believe it.... not that I was hell bent on playing this one, but none-the-less this news comes as a complete shock.... who would have thunk it.... I mean a spring 2013 release of something people wanted localized like 2 years ago, over half a year post the hardware becoming outdated..... This is totally worth getting, if not just to support such efforts than at least because you know availability is gonna be looooow as can be..... in fact buy 3, keep 1,  sell 2 sealed on e-bay around next christmas and buy yourself a wiiU with the profit-LoL

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »

I dunno, Last Story got a reprint at $30. I'd sooner import each version for collecting's sake than stockpile in case value rockets up.

Still, great news!
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »

I dunno, Last Story got a reprint at $30. I'd sooner import each version for collecting's sake than stockpile in case value rockets up.

Still, great news!

Actually... your right, I agree... Unless there is a LE.... in which case it can get reprinted as many times as they want and people will stay pay stupid prices for the LE sealed......

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:04:23 PM »

Operation Rainfall was a complete success then. Too bad that this was the least interesting game of that fan push. I may get it later but prospects are not looking good at the moment.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 07:24:36 PM »

I hear it wasn't a super great game, but still-- more RPGs is always a good thing. XSEED is doing nothing but building goodwill among a fanbase, if you ask me.

Maybe they can fight Square to the death for the localization rights to Bravely Default.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »

I hear it wasn't a super great game, but still-- more RPGs is always a good thing. XSEED is doing nothing but building goodwill among a fanbase, if you ask me.

Maybe they can fight Square to the death for the localization rights to Bravely Default.

Given Square kinda made the game this is going to have to be some Highlander-style face off.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 07:58:34 PM »

Given Square kinda made the game this is going to have to be some Highlander-style face off.

Seems more like a T2: Judgement Day-style face off. It'll take a bombardment of firepower and a drop into vat of molten steel to wrest BD:FF from Squeenix's hands.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 11:55:09 PM »

Operation Rainfall was a complete success then. Too bad that this was the least interesting game of that fan push. I may get it later but prospects are not looking good at the moment.

I thought The Last Story actually looked the least interesting, because of Hironobu's past couple console games.
(irony intended)

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 01:34:39 AM »

I thought The Last Story actually looked the least interesting, because of Hironobu's past couple console games.
(irony intended)

One of Hironobu's last console games was Lost Odyssey.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 01:42:53 AM »

Seems more like a T2: Judgement Day-style face off. It'll take a bombardment of firepower and a drop into vat of molten steel to wrest BD:FF from Squeenix's hands.

Simply killing them isn't enough, you must absorb their power, essence, or whatever.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 05:32:50 AM »

In terms of gameplay it's a poor man's Zelda in which you use the hookshot for nearly everything. Some things you can do with the chain are kinda neat, but it gets old fast. The game doesn't look all that appealing either. It's all very brown and bland. But it does have something special. If you get hooked, it'll be thanks to the characters. It's one man and his love against the whole world and it's hard not to care. If you like the stories in games such as ICO, and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter or hey, even Jade Cocoon, this is probably your kind of thing.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 05:51:11 AM »

(irony intended)

One of Hironobu's last console games was Lost Odyssey.

Which itself had a few clever ideas but beyond those it was FFIV all over again.

Daedalus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 10:14:30 AM »

I own The Last Story and Xenoblade.  I kind of feel obligated to support this game, and more importantly XSEED.  XSEED really deserves to be commended for the fan service they do.

"This is your fault. I'm going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don't even care, do you?"
SnaggleToe
Indie Developer

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »

Psyched about this one! I had serious doubts about it's North American release, but I'm glad I was wrong. Love U XSEED
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: