Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 08:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340923 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  Wheel of Time discussion: non-hidden end of final book spoilers!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wheel of Time discussion: non-hidden end of final book spoilers!  (Read 2236 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« on: January 19, 2013, 01:48:32 PM »

I finished A Memory of Light today, and thought I'd like to talk about it with anyone who wants to... if anyone does. :)

But if you haven't read it, close this thread right now, because I'm about to talk about things like the last scene in the book!

I can't decide how I feel about the ending.  Doesn't seem like there's any precedent in the books for people actually switching bodies, but I liked that Rand found a way to survive.  And since he can apparently now simply will things to happen without channeling, maybe that explains it.

Since people still know how to use balefire, I am sad that Egwene didn't get a chance to teach anyone the anti-balefire she discovered... although maybe somebody could have learned it anyway.  I think she was in a circle when she did it.  I was really ticked when I tried to look up something about her in a wiki and had her death spoiled for me.  (I was on my phone, and the mobile version of the page said right at the top, "current status: deceased.")

I'm a little confused about the Dark One's status.  Definitely imprisoned in a new prison, not dead.  But was the comment that there's one black dot in Rand's eye supposed to mean that's where he's imprisoned?  Or is the prison now sort of outside the world...?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 12:15:06 AM »

OK, so maybe I was the only one who was super paranoid about getting through this book as fast as I could to not get things spoiled by the internet.

Well, when you finish and are reading this thread, here's a cool article that puts together some answers from Brandon Sanderson, including to one of my questions.  He says the anti-balefire was witnessed, and all of the cracks get healed up.
http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/01/brandon-sandersons-wheel-of-time-answers-from-torchat

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 12:11:12 AM »

For as awesome as Eye of the World was... the rest was not. My
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: