Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:56:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem  (Read 3182 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 01:54:20 AM »

But seriously, if this turns out to be yet another useless, phoned in, bare naked, cash grabing, GREE/iOS, card game

We know basically nothing about this game, but the one thing we actually do know is that it's on Wii U.  So why would you even worry about that?

Pessimism. Soul crushing pessimism.

After all, everybody else is doing it. Why wouldn't they do it too? Especially for such an unlikely crossover like this.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 03:15:54 AM »

But seriously, if this turns out to be yet another useless, phoned in, bare naked, cash grabing, GREE/iOS, card game

We know basically nothing about this game, but the one thing we actually do know is that it's on Wii U.  So why would you even worry about that?

After all, everybody else is doing it. Why wouldn't they do it too? Especially for such an unlikely crossover like this.
I'm pessimistic that it's going to be all about waifus, grinding, and broken DLC.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 03:31:28 AM »

There's pessimism, then there's lunacy. Nintendo seems to prefer avoiding those kinds of games period, they're not the kinds you'd want to make on consoles, and after FE's success with Intelligent Systems and Atlus working together I expect a proper game out of it.

Now mjr's pessimism, that seems more plausible.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 03:32:14 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/24/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-is-co-developed-by-nintendo-and-atlus/

Some more information including that it is indeed an RPG, and that I don't have to board the last train for the coast.

Not a fighting game. I'm happy.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »

There's pessimism, then there's lunacy. Nintendo seems to prefer avoiding those kinds of games period, they're not the kinds you'd want to make on consoles, and after FE's success with Intelligent Systems and Atlus working together I expect a proper game out of it.

Now mjr's pessimism, that seems more plausible.

Now you know why I referred to it as 'soul crushing'. I have a really bad habit of trying to find the absolute worst case scenario. And besides its not like 'less than an infinitesimal chance' == 'no chance in hell'. (Also, I really wanted to make that American Pie joke and the fighting game option had already been expended (plus what would you do if my batshit prediction had turned out to be the correct one?).)

The next question I have for this game though is will they be featuring new characters from both sides or will Marth and Roy be in it (and if so who do I need to fuse to them to make Seth and Sigrud Zigludo)?

Also:

A crossover that wouldn't have been as :psyduck: as Marth's and Mara's Magical Adventures will likely be (not that what we're getting is in any way a bad thing).

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 02:48:35 AM »

I wonder if this is going to be rated M because of MegaTen. I'm kinda curious about that whole deal.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 03:25:58 AM »

MegaTen's always been borderline M, it doesn't even register as that outside of the US as I recall. The most extreme parts will probably be avoided (MARA) and that'll be that.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »

Apparently, it's Pegi 12.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »

Apparently, it's Pegi 12.

Given what we saw was just a teaser I expect PEGI requires a preliminary rating they'll change later. Does say where Nintendo/Atlus wants to AIM though.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 10:52:24 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2014/06/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-right-schedule

IT'S ALIVE! ALIVE!!!

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 01:11:02 PM »

Haha that's pretty funny about losing his job if he says any more. People act like this is highly classified military information or something.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »

Haha that's pretty funny about losing his job if he says any more. People act like this is highly classified military information or something.

Well, NDA's aren't to be messed with. :p

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:53 PM »

Won't lie I did get worried for a bit.  I really didn't think it'd be shown at E3 though, this is waaay more of a TGS thing than anything.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2014, 04:32:23 PM »

Well, NDA's aren't to be messed with. :p

Yeah. Is easy to forget sometimes that this whole thing with video games is a business.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: