Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 04:08:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340965 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  i hope we get this too(WA5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: i hope we get this too(WA5)  (Read 1486 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »

Yeah, the normal sized ones have to move a little to keep it realistic, but some types of gamers will accuse developers of cheap fanservice when they bounce even the slightest bit.

I do feel kinda bad for the women they're attached to when they do bounce, though. Moving boobs are uncomfortable (thank god for sport bras!) and may even hurt when they are big enough.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »

I'm not into facial hair on my heroes.  Ick. Iiiick.  No please. I don't think, in gaming, facial hair has really improved how a character design has looked for me.

On the subject of breast physics, I agree that a little bounce is best, and most realistic. I'm still fond of Lulu's from X most, I think, when it comes to a larger, exposed bust. It's there, as it should be for a woman that exposed, but it's not terrible and bouncy in her average scenes.  You really only see it if she moves her arms and after the battle.

In truth, to be realistic they probably should have bounced more, but eh.  It probably would have been too much, then.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:30:13 PM by Cyril » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 04:06:34 PM »

Yeah, the normal sized ones have to move a little to keep it realistic, but some types of gamers will accuse developers of cheap fanservice when they bounce even the slightest bit.

I do feel kinda bad for the women they're attached to when they do bounce, though. Moving boobs are uncomfortable (thank god for sport bras!) and may even hurt when they are big enough.

I find it funny we've got breast jiggling down pat better than graphical clipping issues.  I remember liking FF13 really put a lot of effort to avoid that with Lightning's cape-scarf thing and Serah's ponytail.

And yeah I'm a fan of the sports bra too (the days when I forget to change into for the gym are annoying).  Since I'm sometimes too lazy to change after the gym or go see my boyfriend right after I'll be wearing it and he calls me uni-boob (I think I need a new style). :(

I'm not into facial hair on my heroes.  Ick. Iiiick.  No please. I don't think, in gaming, facial hair has really improved how a character design has looked for me.

On the subject of breast physics, I agree that a little bounce is best, and most realistic. I'm still fond of Lulu's from X most, I think, when it comes to a larger, exposed bust. It's there, as it should be for a woman that exposed, but it's not terrible and bouncy in her average scenes.  You really only see it if she moves her arms and after the battle.

In truth, to be realistic they probably should have bounced more, but eh.  It probably would have been too much, then.

Lulu's jig was great.  Not enough to distract but enough to make you look harder.  Despite the obvious goth look to her too (and how some people love it or hate it --- specifically her belt-skirt) I loved her design all in all  and took the idea of a "black mage" to a literal but interesting level... 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 05:28:50 PM »

I'm not into facial hair on my heroes.  Ick. Iiiick.  No please. I don't think, in gaming, facial hair has really improved how a character design has looked for me.

I just tried to imagine Rowen without his... It looks wrong. It doesn't look as dignified.

And yeah I'm a fan of the sports bra too (the days when I forget to change into for the gym are annoying).  Since I'm sometimes too lazy to change after the gym or go see my boyfriend right after I'll be wearing it and he calls me uni-boob (I think I need a new style). :(

Tunics that accentuate the waist and are fairly loose around the chest work well for me when want to enjoy the comforts of a sport bra but not sport a uni-boob. But, I have to admit, wired contraptions that make everything look awesome can be nice too. Last big animecon I was wearing one of those under a simple, fairly formfitting t-shirt (I had a blouse over it before, but it felt constricting and I put it back in my suitcase after I was done on stage). While standing behind our table greeting potential customers I noticed some of the guys slow down slighty, haha. (I've no problem with that, because I would have looked too :D)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 06:02:51 PM »

Lulu's jig was great.  Not enough to distract but enough to make you look harder.  Despite the obvious goth look to her too (and how some people love it or hate it --- specifically her belt-skirt) I loved her design all in all  and took the idea of a "black mage" to a literal but interesting level... 

I'll be honest: I love Lulu. Everything about her. Her design, her personality, her voice, and so on.  I find her design quite interesting, despite how absurdly ridiculous it is.
Damacon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 11:00:35 PM »

Ya Lulu was great when they had the FF14 beta forums I begged them so hard to put in her hair style for the females but they wouldn't listen to me bastards!
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 10:08:10 AM »

Wild Arms 4 and 5 got incredibly anime, but I think there's a pretty huge difference between the two. Wild Arms 4 came from the first half of the 2000s where it was, yes, like an anime, but Wild Arms 4 was a COOL anime! Pretty much everyone got their chance to be a total badass at some point in the story, which I adored. "HYPE"+solid mechanics made for a game that's honestly one of my favorites on the PS2.

MEANWHILE, Wild Arms 5 came out at around the time "moe era" started becoming popular, which I tend to find FAR less attractive in an anime. I think there are exceptions to this, but WA5 does not fit within those exceptions. Both of these games are very much products of their time, for better or for worse.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »

Can't talk about jiggle physics without talking about Dead or Alive.  Jiggle physics were its gimmick, which is too bad because the fighting games themselves are actually pretty good and don't really need the gimmick to compete with Tekken or Virtua Fighter.  Heck, at E3 2012 I had more fun with Dead or Alive 5 than with Tekken Tag 2.  

And I reiterate the silliness of fanservice on the "Stumpy McGunderthumps" (to borrow Mesh's term) polygon characters in Bravely Default and the upcoming Legend of Legacy.  Sorry, but no, there is nothing sexy about a grown woman that looks like a damn fetus.  (reference: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=14402.15 )  

As for Wild Arms 5, good game without any real flagrant fouls, but I don't remember a damn thing about it.  It's kinda like some bands I've seen- skillful musicians who play with flawless precision but I cannot remember any of their songs.  

My wishful thinking for PSN is still Thousand Arms.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2014, 12:23:47 PM »

My wishful thinking for PSN is still Thousand Arms.

General advice: Don't go on the Japanese PSN store.  Not sure if Thousand Arms is on there, but they gave a lot...sorry, TONS more love to their collections than we ever got here.  We basically got "The Greatest Hits" and then they said "alright, I think that's enough".

WiiU, for its somewhat less than impressive game collection (that is fortunately and steadily improving) has also neglected their store with many meaningful additions besides Golden Sun and EarthBound.  Rather, I'm surprised and depressed that it just didn't bother with importing the Wii's own VC titles.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2014, 01:08:14 PM »

I'm still surprised that it took as long as it did for us to get Legend of Dragoon on PSN. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: