Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 12, 2016, 04:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
377278 Posts in 15100 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Malekoth
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Berseria
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Tales of Berseria  (Read 7250 times)
Arvis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2015, 11:21:11 AM »

^ Well, that's kinda neat.

Current RPG - Xenoblade Chronicles X
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2015, 12:06:30 PM »

So, does that mean this 'gomabayo disease' is like a variation of the effects of malevolence seen in Zestiria? That is interesting.

Some theories:
-The technological level in Berseria and Zesteria is very similar despite Zesty taking place over a thousand years in the future (I say thousand, because Ladylake was founded a thousand years prior to the game, IIRC, and the article says towns will be different, meaning Ladylake does not exist yet in Berseria). The reason for this is that the world went through several dark ages, like the Age of Chaos that Zestria takes place during. These not only stunted technological advances, but may have even set humanity back by hunderds of years.
-Humans can't use the power of nature for artes in Zestiria, only seraphim can. The Seirei are the (human) precursors of the seraphim.
-Velvet was infected with gomabayo, as were the people in the village she lived in. She lost control and killed many of the transformed villagers in self defence. Her sister was one of them. Velvet eventually regained control, because she is pure of heart (I managed not to barf while I wrote that). In fact, she shares many qualities with Shepards from the future. The pureness is what keeps the corruption at bay, allowing her to use her goma-powers in short bursts with limited consequences.
-Velvet's journey will eventually lead to the creation of seraphim and Shepards.

Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

...AND STEVEN.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2015, 12:15:23 PM »

So, does that mean this 'gomabayo disease' is like a variation of the effects of malevolence seen in Zestiria? That is interesting.

Some theories:
-The technological level in Berseria and Zesteria is very similar despite Zesty taking place over a thousand years in the future (I say thousand, because Ladylake was founded a thousand years prior to the game, IIRC, and the article says towns will be different, meaning Ladylake does not exist yet in Berseria). The reason for this is that the world went through several dark ages, like the Age of Chaos that Zestria takes place during. These not only stunted technological advances, but may have even set humanity back by hunderds of years.
-Humans can't use the power of nature for artes in Zestiria, only seraphim can. The Seirei are the (human) precursors of the seraphim.
-Velvet was infected with gomabayo, as were the people in the village she lived in. She lost control and killed many of the transformed villagers in self defence. Her sister was one of them. Velvet eventually regained control, because she is pure of heart (I managed not to barf while I wrote that). In fact, she shares many qualities with Shepards from the future. The pureness is what keeps the corruption at bay, allowing her to use her goma-powers in short bursts with limited consequences.
-Velvet's journey will eventually lead to the creation of seraphim and Shepards.

Given the pretty predictable plots of these games, I wouldn't be surprised you're right on the money about a few of these points.  (Some fans already linked the connection since one white knight wears a similar outfit to a Zesty character; that and the anthropomorphic wolves).
Only one I'd dispute is the that Velvet is...pure of heart *gag* (haha); she's probably in a dark place and that stupid choir boy with halo hair will "fix her" or make her better or whatever. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2015, 12:33:47 PM »

It seems more like Hope v2 doesn't have much of a personality, and Velvet will be the one teaching her about emotions. And while is in a dark place, remember that Zestiria had a genki assassin and the game happily bullshitted a reason for her to be pure-hearted. I bet Velvet is traveling the world the find forgiveness, but what she really needs to do is forgive herself, which she will be able to do thanks that angelic replacement goldfish (because I'm really sticking to the 'she accidently killed someone very important to her. Probably sister, because Frozen is a thing.')

Oh, and manages to make peace with herself just after beating the final boss. As a result, the gomabayo will leave her body and her arm will return to normal.

That arm is her albatross. That's why she's a pirate gal. Because The Rime of the Ancient Mariner is literally the only piece of English poetry the writer remembered from his high school days.

Edit: there's another reason to believe Velvet is a sweetheart at heart: her name is freakin' Velvet! This is a game from the company that thinks it's totally brilliant to name the woman who refills your HP Refill and her genius kid brother Genius. They didn't just pick the name because it sounds cool, but because it means something to the character in the most basic way. Velvet is a very soft and smooth fabric, meaning that Velvet is a big softy. Tsundere confirmed!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:55:57 PM by Tomara » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2015, 01:31:41 PM »

Just scrolled past the last few posts with only a glance, so this may be irrelevant, but do keep in mind that Zesteria hasn't been out that long and not everyone has played it.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2015, 02:35:49 PM »

Don't worry, I didn't talk about anything that went beyond the premise of Zestiria. Those posts might spoil Berseria, though XD
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2015, 08:18:06 PM »

Welp! There it is. I for one, can't wait to play Tales of How Many References to the Previous Tales of Main Character Can We Shove Into This Title Because Nobody is Allowed on the Center Stage but Him.

And between our Heroine Female Lead(?) being slathered in Evil Juice and toting around a Mahou Shota Boy, in a distant prequel to the previous game with a 'can do no wrong' protagonist no matter the kind of shit he pulls (or doesn't even bother with), I can just guess how much of a clusterfuck this one's going to turn out (bonus points for Zesty's Equipment system, Artes selection, Dungeons and Camera being a massive clusterfuck, lackluster, dull as fuck and horrid respectfully).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2015, 08:27:04 PM »

Is there any joy in your life anymore, Aeolus?

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2015, 02:56:35 AM »

Complaining about Tales games is his joy in life.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2015, 05:03:08 AM »

Is there any joy in your life anymore, Aeolus?

When my depression isn't acting up, I currently find myself having quite a bit of joy with an open-world game that will easily put the combined Tales of Ze Besty to shame.

Or in short....

Complaining about Tales games is his joy in life.

danholo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2015, 08:02:14 AM »

So this game will use the same engine as Zestiria and will have a near identical battle system. It's based in the same world and reuse assets. Hmm... Tales of games are at a slump.

Zestiria was great fun and this will probably as well but Bandai could really use some time to polish these games to give them more detail. I felt Zestiria a bit short and rushed.

d.h.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2016, 02:37:52 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/tales-berseria-introduces-rokuro-eleanor

More patrons of Ms Velvet's Mild Ride.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: