Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 26, 2015, 07:45:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
346876 Posts in 14152 Topics by 2235 Members
Latest Member: chiefjim
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tri-Ace bought out, to re-focus on mobile games.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Tri-Ace bought out, to re-focus on mobile games.  (Read 656 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 08:18:12 PM »

I feel that the big *twist* was done better in The Matrix, especially since it proceeded it by a few years. Not that I hate it anymore or anything. If anything, the part I hate most is that fucking Moonbase (the enemies there SUUUCCCCKKKKKED!!!).

Have you ever done Firewall on 4D?
The flying gatling guns of gameover.

I lost interest around Gemity (or wherever the game's Gold Saucer equivalent is). Namely because the Rabbit Races suck.

But yeah, the Gatling Guns and their pallet swapped kin can eat all the dicks.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2015, 11:22:05 AM »

This news makes me sad. Like Dice and others have said, the combat systems they have made are amazing. Star Ocean 3 was my shit for over a year when it came out. I played through it multiple times. Heck, I even loved the underrated Radiata Stories. Like, LOVED it. Beat it multiple times too. Star Ocean 4 was probably my least favorite of their newer games of the past decade or so, but I still enjoyed it enough. Was really hoping for a cool PS4/XONE RPG from them.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 12:19:02 PM »

Star Ocean: The Last Hope was the only Star Ocean I really liked. It did a lot of little things (as well as some big things) that went a long way in improving almost all the problems I had with the series, especially the pacing. That said, Valkyrie Profile 2 gets my vote for best Tri-Aces game, as well as the 3rd most improved sequel I've ever played in any series (horray for the covetted bronze medal =P). The story was structured better, the writing felt more polished and focused on an actually interesting protagonist I could connect with, and the gameplay was a complete 180 from the last game (which is good, because VP1's gameplay was everything I hated in a game). Even the platforming sequences were...barable. Platforming still does not belong in an RPG, though (unless it's just making a platformer with RPG elements, so the whole game is designed around the platforming elements, but then I'm just gonna call it a platformer and say fuck it to the RPG part).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:26:00 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Today at 10:05:13 AM »

The more I think about it... This thread makes me want to replay Star Ocean 3. I remember really enjoying that game and I'm curious how well it held up. I'd have to consult a FAQ, though, because if I want to recreate my first playthough, I'll have to figure out how to keep Albel in my party as much as possible (and pick up Nel again later, cuz Nel is awesome too). Yeah, I should probably do this.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Today at 10:35:52 AM »

Albel is a jerk. His awful childhood doesn't excuse it.

(Also, if you didn't before, get either the Nel ending or Adray ending. Best endings)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Today at 11:10:16 AM »

Yep, but his ridiculous outfit and complete disregard for social conventions make him fun to watch. Plus, I didn't really like half of the characters, so I had no problem with him being an asshole towards them.

And hey, his shitty childhood isn't his only excuse. If anything everything after it makes for a much better one. His failure didn't just cost him his father, it cost his country a man who was apparently great at nearly everything. I doubt anyone really appreciated having to trade in a competent and wise leader for some stupid teenager. I mean, it's not like they could just push him aside either, what with him being from an important (and wealthy!) family. So, on one hand there are high expectations and on the other he's already hated because he failed to meet the most important one. No matter what he does, people will hate his guts anyway. It's no wonder he's so fucked up.

So yeah, despite him being a total jerk, I want to give him a second chance (again).

(... I think my reasoning here would also explain why nearly all my pets are jerks. "So, after over a year of isolation, this rabbit has zero social skills and will try to bite your fingers off out of boredom? Sure, I'll take her. It'll be sad if she doesn't get a second chance at life." x10 They are/were all fun to watch, though.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: