Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2016, 01:43:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
241777 Posts in 7240 Topics by 2377 Members
Latest Member: NickRansbottom
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Zero Escape 3 official
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Zero Escape 3 official  (Read 6457 times)
Towns Car Marty
For Play in Town and Car!
RPGFan Editor

Crocodile, Side-Eye Style

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2016, 04:52:03 AM »

There's gotta be a reason for that last one. I bet it ties into some bit of information you get at the tail end of a route, that you'll go back and employ later.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2016, 07:47:32 AM »

As I feared, it looks like ZTD's story presentation is going to be a hot mess. As shown in how you select story parts to follow.

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/311240/ss_2f5d3c94cb3af14a0599d47a86c78a95f15650c8.jpg?t=1464851692

They don't even look remotely sorted in anything orderly. So not only is the story
Code:
chronologically bouncing all over the place, but the selection system itself gives you no clue as
to what piece is where in the timeline without having to consult the Global Chart
... Uggggggh. >.<; I know 999/VLR hasn't been exactly straightforward up til now...but I shouldn't need a freaking triple-sided roadmap to enjoy a timeline-driven plot.

That has been known for a while.

Code:
The characters in the game are being constantly given amnesia juice every 90 min. As a result they have no idea of what has happened to them in the previous rounds, and there is no context clues (unless someone is dead). So you select memory fragments as you essentially randomly jump around, and when you complete a memory fragment it gets thrown into the appropriate place in the timeline, and then you slowly get an understanding of the how things connect as you see where everything fits into the timelines. It is the gimmick for this game,
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2016, 01:09:23 PM »

Code:
So, in a sense, you're essentially playing VLR as though you didn't have the moon
to counter balance it?

At least that explanation makes sense. And helps lay the groundwork for why cooperation might be at a minimum without there being a

Code:
Dio

in the mix again.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: