Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2016, 11:39:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
236971 Posts in 7067 Topics by 2350 Members
Latest Member: octorick
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Void Pyramid
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Void Pyramid  (Read 218 times)
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2016, 09:45:01 PM »

Hey folks! It's been a while but I wanted to drop in and let everyone know that I made a new game. It's called Void Pyramid. It's a post-apocalyptic RPG set in the spacefaring Egyptian empire. It's been in development for 18 months and is available for free on PC, Mac, Android, and OUYA. It has all original graphics and music, as well as a unique setting and mechanics.

I've been working really hard on Void Pyramid and have been testing it exhaustively. Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

You can visit here to see some screenshots and download it on PC or Mac. Or you can get it on Google Play.

There is also a video trailer.

Some features include:

*Choose to be a soldier, slave, or scribe. Overcome challenges with your unique skills.

*Explore the intricately designed pyramid. Each chamber is packed with foes, puzzles, traps, treasures, and other interesting stuff.

*Develop your character however you want with an unusual but intuitive advancement system.

*Use your brawn, wits, and agility stats to kick down doors, bend bars, hack computers, haggle with merchants, dodge traps, scale walls, and more.

*Find numerous solutions to every problem. Explore multiple paths through the pyramid. Experience alternate endings. Fight optional bosses. Discover hidden treasures.

*Experience a unique vision of the future. In the spacefaring future, the Egyptian empire has risen again. The Prime Pharaohís mutant armies oppress mankind.

Thanks again for trying it! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 08:54:51 PM »

No takers, huh?

I'd love it if someone would give Void Pyramid a try. I put a heck of a lot of work into it, and it's actually pretty fun!
glassjawsh

Salvum est Vita!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 09:33:39 PM »

I really liked the song you play during the trailer.

kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 10:26:32 PM »

No takers, huh?

I'd love it if someone would give Void Pyramid a try. I put a heck of a lot of work into it, and it's actually pretty fun!

And I'm sure you did, but I think people would be more willing to try your stuff if you, you know, participated in regular threads and conversations like everyone else as opposed to mostly coming over here just to advertise your games. People don't always give you the time of day when they think the only reason you're talking to them is to sell your product, and that's the impression most people get with threads like this. So you should either stop advertising your products here altogether, or hold off on them for a while and just pal around on the forums until people actually get to know you more as a person, and less as that guy who mostly comes here just to try and get everyone to buy his games. No offense.
Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 11:06:37 PM »

No takers, huh?

And I'm sure you did, but I think people would be more willing to try your stuff if you, you know, participated in regular threads and conversations like everyone else as opposed to mostly coming over here just to advertise your games. People don't always give you the time of day when they think the only reason you're talking to them is to sell your product, and that's the impression most people get with threads like this. So you should either stop advertising your products here altogether, or hold off on them for a while and just pal around on the forums until people actually get to know you more as a person, and less as that guy who mostly comes here just to try and get everyone to buy his games. No offense.

To be fair, he as done that. Just not since 2009. :)

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 11:20:39 PM »

It's a free game, and he does have history here (though it's before my time).

Has it been considered by the higher ups maybe to make an actual board for advertising personal creations? I mean it's not terrible common, but there are people who plaster game ads up with NO desire to become a part of the community, so at least it would give them a place to advertise and not annoy the general public with things we aren't interested in.

Also, I downloaded it, and I'm not terribly fond of the random leveling aspect, but it's not bad for free.

TASTY!
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 03:01:24 PM »

I really liked the song you play during the trailer.

Yeah. Itís pretty groovy! Void Pyramidís music is all original. The whole soundtrack is 9 tracks. Iím going to make the soundtrack downloadable this week. Iíll post a link here when I do.

Also, I downloaded it, and I'm not terribly fond of the random leveling aspect, but it's not bad for free.

The Saga series uses a similar mechanic. I chose to use it because it is a bit more unpredictable than the usual experience-based system. Instead of knowing that you need to fight 10 more battles to level up, you might receive additional stats at any time. Itís a little more exciting to me. That being said, earning money and purchasing new stat points is the primary way to gain power. So you still have lots of control over how your character grows.

How far are you into the game? Which character class did you choose?

No offense taken. Iíve been a regular poster at this forum in the past. The members here know a lot about RPGs and are pretty critical about them. This seems like a great place for me to get some feedback. Void Pyramid a complete, fun, and polished game that is available for free. I donít feel like Iím trying to sell forum members a product, or begging them for a favor.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: