Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 08:06:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340923 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade Chronicles X
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X  (Read 12312 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2013, 10:15:21 AM »

http://youtu.be/6GxUMMGyZcM

Holy fuck.  I'm sold!!  It looks almost perfect, I hope it plays that way.
Apparently already confirmed for NA release given that it was shown for the NA Press Release lineup.  Anyways, thoughts?  Yay!  A new Xenoblade?

Anyways, brb, off to buy a Wii U.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:37:39 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:21:27 AM »

That was fast.

Also nice to see the trailer in not stutter-o-vision.

Although it does look a bit too Monster Hunter-ish for my tastes. But at least we finally have giant robots to pilot, and it just ain't no Xeno game without at least someone driving a mecha.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:29:53 AM »

That was fast.

Also nice to see the trailer in not stutter-o-vision.

Although it does look a bit too Monster Hunter-ish for my tastes. But at least we finally have giant robots to pilot, and it just ain't no Xeno game without at least someone driving a mecha.

Honestly love how fluid it is.  Like Xenogears handled world maps, but now it's not 2D.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »

Kinda excited for this. I hope XSeed gets to localize it.

Also no more ACE+ and Shimomura on composer duties? Womp womp.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »

damn.... just finally got my library up to date with each current and past gen system.... thought I could hold off on a wii u for awhile.... doesn't appear as though I'll be able to suppress my appetite for this though...

After pouring over as much Ni No Kuni in the last 24 hours as humanely possible, and now waking up and seeing this...coupled with the rest of the gems on the way this year..... well, I'm calling it right here... I predict a revived wave of enthusiasm for JRPG's on par with the ff7/32bit era by the end of 2013

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 11:33:53 AM »

I think I dropped a Deus :p in my pants when I saw this. I think the fact that there was an ESRB tag and English production listings means its definitely coming here. I love XSEED but I'd like to see Nintendo publish it here, simple because we will see it sooner and it won't be such a PIA to find in stores. They did the UK localizations for TLS and XB, so they obviously have the experience. Either way, this alone makes the Wii U worth the price of admission.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 12:03:19 PM »

Day 1 buy for me. I got the Wii U for Christmas, but haven't played much of it since I just have Nintendoland and the new Super Mario Bros Wii U game. Since it takes a while to localize a game, I'll have enough time to transfer over my Xenoblade Wii data, beat the game and be ready for this one.

Back on topic, my first impression from the teaser trailer is that it's a direct sequel to Xenoblade and not just another "xeno" title, but we'll see. Will we see the story take place on the Mechonis titan? If you notice the fighting mechanics and exploring lush fields laden with giant enemies, it's very reminiscent of Xenoblade. The big red "x" did throw me off though. We'll just have to wait for more details to come.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »

I think I dropped a Deus :p in my pants when I saw this. I think the fact that there was an ESRB tag and English production listings means its definitely coming here. I love XSEED but I'd like to see Nintendo publish it here, simple because we will see it sooner and it won't be such a PIA to find in stores. They did the UK localizations for TLS and XB, so they obviously have the experience. Either way, this alone makes the Wii U worth the price of admission.

I was too busy dropping a Deus in my pants over the SMTXFE crossover (didn't help that I had already had to restrain myself over WWHD) when I saw this.

Also NoA did publish Xenoblade 1. They just distributed to Gamestop and online only because they thought the rest of the major gaming territories were full of it and that US gamers didn't possess the attention span to sit through even one of Fi's lifeless, stating-the-obvious rants. Although XSeeD did end up publishing The Last Story and now Pandora's Tower and hopefully they'll publish this one too.

Edit: Also, was it me, or did the guy at the end of the (not?) Xenoblade 2 trailer look a heck of a lot like Shulk?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:50:27 PM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 02:36:40 PM »

this might be the thing that makes me get a wiiu much ike xenoblade got me to buy a wii and the fire emblem smt cross over on top of that today was a good news day for wiiu.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 02:42:02 PM »

Looks pretty damn awesome
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 02:51:09 PM »

damn.... just finally got my library up to date with each current and past gen system.... thought I could hold off on a wii u for awhile.... doesn't appear as though I'll be able to suppress my appetite for this though...

After pouring over as much Ni No Kuni in the last 24 hours as humanely possible, and now waking up and seeing this...coupled with the rest of the gems on the way this year..... well, I'm calling it right here... I predict a revived wave of enthusiasm for JRPG's on par with the ff7/32bit era by the end of 2013

i just said over in the smt thread i bet that smt fire emblem cross over is what gets you to get a wii u.

ni no kuni is really fucking good so far...i hope your right. 
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 03:31:24 PM »

Holy fuck, the giant mech.

Holy fuck.

I am literally sitting here with my mouth open barely able to type let alone express my thoughts properly. While I doubt it's related to Gears/Saga in any way, that's still more than enough to make my week.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »

I really wish I had a Wii to play Xenoblade, but it's the only game I'm interested in and I don't want to buy a Wii U for awhile soo... I guess I'll just suffer. This game looks awesome though, regardless if it is a direct sequel or something new. Nintendo finally has a good RPG franchise to hold onto for themselves outside of Fire Emblem.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 05:07:57 PM »

Probably just wanted to show off gameplay and the giant monsters in the game, but time will tell.  I'm just glad they included gameplay footage, even if it was just a little bit (and similar to Xenoblade, but I don't have any issues with Xenoblade's gameplay).

Looks absolutely amazing though.  Scenery looks gorgeous.  Mechs fejorjopsfkldaf.  Very, very awesome looking. 

I would probably buy a WiiU for this alone, but looking at some of the other stuff that came out today, it looks like there will be lots of other reasons too.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:14:18 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 06:05:52 PM »

Time to buy a Wii U Deluxe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: