Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 07:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338079 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade Chronicles X
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X  (Read 11723 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 07:23:21 PM »

Aside from segment where it shows piloting a mech I'm not too impressed to be honest, but it does look promising. I'm not jaded is just that I rather wait to see more before going all NOPE.avi over this.

Also, this kind of reaction is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:16:39 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 08:22:04 PM »

I don't much care about the Zelda stuff, but THIS I care about. It looks fantastic. I see no reason to get a WiiU at the moment, but when games like this start showing up, I'll definitely get one.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 09:12:44 PM »

I'm sad to say I was thinking the same thing.  But, meng....Versus and the Last Guardian have been in development WAAAAY too long (of course, I'm not doubting a lot of internal issues on that, developmental aside).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 10:08:13 PM »

I think Xenoblade was first announced at E3 and we hadn't gotten it for 3 years, although xb did really well but I'd like to stay cautiously optimistic.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:10:15 PM by insertnamehere » Logged

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 10:22:30 PM »

I think Xenoblade was first announced at E3 and we hadn't gotten it for 3 years, although xb did really well but I'd like to stay cautiously optimistic.

Xenoblade was treated like a secret to be found in Nintendo's E3 information, this they straight up threw to everyone in Nintendo Direct and Youtube, and I hear Xenoblade did well for NoA so I think this time it's a lock. That, and the E3 one had a bit more of a "look at what we are working on" vibe whereas this seems to lean a bit more towards trying to get us exciting, throwing around names and all.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 12:14:38 AM »

You know, I don't see why they used the Xenogears X. Xenoblade had nothing to do with that, other than the name and the homage. I love the X, but it just seems cruel to tease us as though it'll be a new "Xeno" game like that.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 12:23:20 AM »

I've heard rumblings that this is going to be multi-player focused. I really hope not.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 12:28:36 AM »

I also hope not. I'd love it if it just had smooth co-op play, because Xenoblade's combat system is perfect for that. It'd be a fantastic alternative to Tales games. Imagine the possibilities. Not necessary, but having it well-implemented WOULD be exciting for me.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 01:31:07 AM »

I also hope not. I'd love it if it just had smooth co-op play, because Xenoblade's combat system is perfect for that. It'd be a fantastic alternative to Tales games. Imagine the possibilities. Not necessary, but having it well-implemented WOULD be exciting for me.

a solid excuse to use tablet co-op.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 02:33:27 AM »

I got annoyed at Xenoblade's shitty quests...seriously annoyed. I can't say I'm stoked for this new one, but it does look pretty.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 07:22:37 AM »

so whats all the rage about with xenoblade anyways? is it just one of the rpg's people more focused on story and exploration like?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 07:36:11 AM »

Back on topic, my first impression from the teaser trailer is that it's a direct sequel to Xenoblade and not just another "xeno" title, but we'll see. Will we see the story take place on the Mechonis titan? If you notice the fighting mechanics and exploring lush fields laden with giant enemies, it's very reminiscent of Xenoblade. The big red "x" did throw me off though. We'll just have to wait for more details to come.
If it is a direct sequal to Xenoblade, then I don't think it can take place on Mechonis.

Code:
As I recall at the end of Xenoblade, the world was reborn beyond just the two titans. Also I seem to recall that Mechonis was either seriously damaged or destroyed about 1/2 to 3/4s of the way through Xenoblade.

You know, I don't see why they used the Xenogears X. Xenoblade had nothing to do with that, other than the name and the homage. I love the X, but it just seems cruel to tease us as though it'll be a new "Xeno" game like that.
Maybe they are going to do a game "set" in the Xeno  chronology that uses a version of the Xenoblade battle system.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »

Back on topic, my first impression from the teaser trailer is that it's a direct sequel to Xenoblade and not just another "xeno" title, but we'll see. Will we see the story take place on the Mechonis titan? If you notice the fighting mechanics and exploring lush fields laden with giant enemies, it's very reminiscent of Xenoblade. The big red "x" did throw me off though. We'll just have to wait for more details to come.
If it is a direct sequal to Xenoblade, then I don't think it can take place on Mechonis.

Code:
As I recall at the end of Xenoblade, the world was reborn beyond just the two titans. Also I seem to recall that Mechonis was either seriously damaged or destroyed about 1/2 to 3/4s of the way through Xenoblade.

Maybe they are going to do a game "set" in the Xeno  chronology that uses a version of the Xenoblade battle system.

It's likely to tie into Xenoblade at some point. If the face at the end didn't belong to Shulk then it belonged to a dead ringer for him.

This game also looks to be multiplayer as hell given that not only were the characters named Player 1/2/3/ect but that when one of them was in the mecha the name was replaced by what looked to be a fixed name.

Also the mecha was referred to as a "Doll" in the mecha's fuel gauge up in the top right hand corner. There's also a second gauge in the players' UI plate that looks to replace the facial tension display Xenoblade had, further cementing the hypothesis that players will be able to make their own custom characters.

Plus the arts on the art pallet changed based on what weapon the player was equipped with or whether the player was riding the mecha or not, which further suggests that rather than taking along existing characters with preset skills and arts you'll be able to select and possibly even change your loadout.

And finally, I noticed when the player was in the mecha hacking the parts off of an enemy I noticed that not a lot happened to the enemy's health bar, which suggests that doing so either meant the player had crossed a health threshold, or that there are secondary targets one can attack to weaken an enemy by or to loot when the battle is all said and done (which feels like something Monster Hunter would do).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 11:07:26 AM »

so whats all the rage about with xenoblade anyways? is it just one of the rpg's people more focused on story and exploration like?

This might help you to get a better picture of people's love with Xenoblade.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »

*watches video*

Wow.

That... that might make me buy a Wii U.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: