Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 06:38:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341043 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade Chronicles X
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X  (Read 12369 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2014, 03:05:16 AM »

Well, you could tell yourself your Wii is getting old, and if you're going to replace it, you might as well buy a Wii U?

(And then hook up your GameCube again because Cube games are awesome and the system itself is the cutest console ever.)
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »

I think I heard me some vocals in that battle track! Sawano's got me super psyched for this game.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2014, 12:22:28 PM »

Well, you could tell yourself your Wii is getting old, and if you're going to replace it, you might as well buy a Wii U?

(And then hook up your GameCube again because Cube games are awesome and the system itself is the cutest console ever.)
Sorry, I don't do cute,I want a sexy system, and that position has been filled by the ps3 for the longest time....til now. Ps4 has my attention for being the sexiest machine around.

I really hope this finds it way to playstation...I really don't see this doing well on wii u and thus resulting in a huge decline in popularity.

TASTY!
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2014, 12:23:40 PM »

Glad to see the game is making some progress. I wonder if there's a snowball chance we'll get it translated w/voice overs and published and gift wrapped under my Christmas tree this year. One of my favorite quotes from XC, "Dunban: So that's how it is.  Giving up the sword already?"

The new gameplay video made me think of this funny:

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2014, 02:25:43 PM »

Not going to happen.

TT is notorious for going over-budget and over deadlines.
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2014, 02:29:22 PM »

"I'll back in 60 hours"
Silly British English.  That missing "be" is almost as bad as saying hospital or future without "the" in front of them. :P
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2014, 02:42:22 PM »

Was the voice acting in Xenoblade really that bad? I enjoyed it myself. Thought it was a nice change.

Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2014, 03:04:55 PM »

It was much better than a lot of the acting found in American VAs.
Some of the colloquialisms were grating though. Despite my smartassery, I say things like "I'll remember that in future" myself on occasion. . . (I blame British translated philosophy tomes) 
But the fact "sorted out" was repeated in Xenoblade approximately 5,223,456,543,237.544~ times made it my single most hated phrase ever.
Much worse than "I know, right?" 
Let's hope X gets that sorted out.

People who don't like Xenoblade's voices are probably just Xenophobic. :P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:07:26 PM by Ikusagami » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2014, 03:15:49 PM »

Was the voice acting in Xenoblade really that bad? I enjoyed it myself. Thought it was a nice change.
The battle voices are. To the point that, after only 8 hours or so, I don't want to ever play the game again(a bit of hyperbole, but still...). And, no, muting it isn't the answer, as I want to hear everything else going on. I can't believe they didn't give an option to turn the voices off, or even down.

This X game looks great, but, as others have said, I really have no interest in buying a WiiU. Certainly not for only one game. Lets hope they port it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:42:53 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2014, 09:42:52 PM »

"I'll back in 60 hours"
Silly British English.  That missing "be" is almost as bad as saying hospital or future without "the" in front of them. :P

I'm English, and I've never heard anyone speak that way before. Those look like mistakes in the script rather than anything to do with the way we normally speak our language.
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2014, 05:08:34 AM »

Lets hope they port it.
I'd say that's unlikely enough to be ludicrous.  There are probably a few more I don't know of, but off the top of my head the only Nintendo published games to receive ports over the last few generations was No More Heroes. . . which evidently didn't sell well on PS3. 

I really don't know what Takahashi is thinking with this Nintendo loyalty, especially when his games certainly don't fit in with the Nintendo demographic.

"I'll back in 60 hours"
Silly British English.  That missing "be" is almost as bad as saying hospital or future without "the" in front of them. :P

I'm English, and I've never heard anyone speak that way before. Those look like mistakes in the script rather than anything to do with the way we normally speak our language.

Must be regional. Aside from having seen it in a multitude of books, I had a good friend who was English. She did say "the" when speaking of "the future" (I think that omission was archaic; I see it mostly in old scholastic texts), but she always omitted the article when using hospital. I often see the same with "university".
Google verifies others have made the same observation. The top few:

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/19604/is-there-a-reason-the-british-omit-the-article-when-they-go-to-hospital
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=81145
http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question63975.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:10:07 AM by Ikusagami » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2014, 02:35:59 PM »

^Nintendo never touched No More Heroes, that's why it appeared on PS3 and 360.

I really have no interest in buying a WiiU. Certainly not for only one game. Lets hope they port it.

Isn't Monolith Soft part of Nintendo? Sounds like wishful thinking to me wanting X ported.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »

Yeah, MonolithSoft was bought out by Nintendo after the Xenosaga mess.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2014, 06:21:41 PM »

This X game looks great, but, as others have said, I really have no interest in buying a WiiU. Certainly not for only one game. Lets hope they port it.

I honestly thought I was more or less only buying my Wii U because of the X prospect but found myself comfortably reunited with Mario and Link by way of Wind Waker and 3dWorld. I am starting to feel as though the WiiU has (and will have) a few more truly concrete titles than I had intitially expected.

I must also say that the WiiU is, by far, my fav hardware from Nintendo in a LONG time. They actually blew my expectations completely out of the water with it actually...

The HD upscale of Wii titles increased the WiiU value exponentially for me as well.

My point? Until I opened my eyes a bit to what is truly here, coming and available via the Wii U I too felt I would be lucky to discover a mere handful of games that were really "worth it". But I was simply wrong.

Now on the "X" note. I just watched the new trailer... real time hopping in and out of Mechs that seemlessly blends with other gameplay in a JRPG... I feel as though I have waited all my life for this... that is all.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Vencoris

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2014, 11:23:44 PM »

I must also say that the WiiU is, by far, my fav hardware from Nintendo in a LONG time. They actually blew my expectations completely out of the water with it actually...

The HD upscale of Wii titles increased the WiiU value exponentially for me as well.

I agree, I had a Wii I never really touched but got the WiiU because I now have two young daughters and it seemed the system to get them started on.
So far I've actually been extremely pleased with it, and the game selection has been more then enough to keep me happy between the ports, first party games and virtual console (though I have less time to play than most).  And of course off-tv play, enabling me to play console games while laying in bed (making my Vita work harder for attention).

Also playing Wii games with the clearer HDMI out has been great, including Xenoblade which I picked up on Black Friday and now see what all the fuss is about.
It quickly became one of my favorite JRPGs and imagine my surprise when I found out a sequel was due out in less than a year!

I was a bit iffy when I first got the WiiU, thinking it would just be the family Mario machine, but it's turned out to much better than I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: