Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 12:46:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334711 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  "X" by Monolith (now named Xenoblade Chronicles X)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: "X" by Monolith (now named Xenoblade Chronicles X)  (Read 10708 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »

The battle voices are. To the point that, after only 8 hours or so, I don't want to ever play the game again(a bit of hyperbole, but still...). And, no, muting it isn't the answer, as I want to hear everything else going on. I can't believe they didn't give an option to turn the voices off, or even down.

This X game looks great, but, as others have said, I really have no interest in buying a WiiU. Certainly not for only one game. Lets hope they port it.

Ehhhhh.....most of the battles are over so quickly that I didn't even notice it most of the (Reyn) time. I thought there was an option to turn the music up, but I can't honestly remember.

They're not going to port it. This is an old fashioned console exclusive. Between this, Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2, it's enough for me to grab a Wii U in the future.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2014, 10:34:29 PM »

The battle voices are. To the point that, after only 8 hours or so, I don't want to ever play the game again(a bit of hyperbole, but still...). And, no, muting it isn't the answer, as I want to hear everything else going on. I can't believe they didn't give an option to turn the voices off, or even down.

This X game looks great, but, as others have said, I really have no interest in buying a WiiU. Certainly not for only one game. Lets hope they port it.

Ehhhhh.....most of the battles are over so quickly that I didn't even notice it most of the (Reyn) time. I thought there was an option to turn the music up, but I can't honestly remember.

They're not going to port it. This is an old fashioned console exclusive. Between this, Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2, it's enough for me to grab a Wii U in the future.
Doesn't matter how long the battles are. Still annoying. Plus, boss battles lasted a long time.

I didn't know(or forgot) about X being Nintendo published. Yeah, no port then. damn.
I have no interest in Smash brothers, Bayonetta 2(I grew bored of the first after a while), or Mario Kart 10,000,000.
It's a bummer, but I'm kind of ok with not owning every single console out there. I have too many games to play as it is.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2014, 10:43:10 PM »

People should do the Dice method.
Laptop.  Movie/Netflix.  Game.

About 30 min--1hr in each place to take in the sights, sounds, and music (especially the music) I'd grind while watching something else.  The voices were annoying, but after a while I stopped noticing them too (except for some of the classic lines like whatever Reyn would say, Riki's pitch, and Seven being a constant twit).

EDIT: Obligatory "Ican'twaitforthisfuckinggame" mention
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 10:58:25 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2014, 03:09:00 AM »

Laptop.  Movie/Netflix.  Game.

I've been doing this a lot with EO4. I've been finishing my run of original Doctor Who while going through the dungeons. (Almost on McCoy!)

It's also sometimes good with GTA V as the radio stations are super weak this time.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2014, 04:04:43 AM »

I didn't know(or forgot) about X being Nintendo published. Yeah, no port then. damn.
I have no interest in Smash brothers, Bayonetta 2(I grew bored of the first after a while), or Mario Kart 10,000,000.
It's a bummer, but I'm kind of ok with not owning every single console out there. I have too many games to play as it is.

Hey, what about Pikmin 3? It's so much fun and it looks gorgeous. Those graphics made me crave fresh fruit so much, I think I ate 2-3 times as much as usual XD
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2014, 12:02:01 PM »

Hey, what about Pikmin 3? It's so much fun and it looks gorgeous. Those graphics made me crave fresh fruit so much, I think I ate 2-3 times as much as usual XD

That is the sweetest (literally) and most wonderful thing I've heard today. x)

Laptop.  Movie/Netflix.  Game.

I've been doing this a lot with EO4. I've been finishing my run of original Doctor Who while going through the dungeons. (Almost on McCoy!)

It's also sometimes good with GTA V as the radio stations are super weak this time.

It's honestly the way I get through most games myself.  I "double-task" this way to stay on the level with all new entertainment and enjoy games a little more for it (I'd honestly go nuts if I JUST focused on the game as I grinded).

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2014, 08:56:38 PM »

I refuse to quote that mess above me.

I've never played a Pikmin game, so I can't say if I would enjoy one or not. Strategy type stuff isn't normally my thing nowadays, though.

I can't multi-task. At all. Heck, I don't even want to. When I watch a show or movie, that is all I do. Same with playing a game. same with pretty much ANYthing I do.
I can see maybe if you're grinding in an rpg like you guys mentioned, but I can't remember the last time I did that. Grind. In an rpg. ;-)

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2014, 04:18:33 AM »

Realtime strategy is definitely an important part of Pikmin, but the games are more about exploring and solving puzzles. The time limits are very lenient, especially in Pikmin 3. You need to gather fruit to survive, but there's so much available you don't really have to worry about going hungry. And you can always pause your game to take a good look at the handy dandy map on the gamepad and/or figure our your next objective.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2014, 01:42:46 PM »

http://youtu.be/Hg2PTVi7fl8

New story trailer!
Before you bitch about graphics like the rest of the world, just remember their first trailer and feel that it may look better when we're not zoomed right in on the faces.

Apparently the MC is customizable!

Small Gallery:
http://minus.com/m4Vmej5zPv3c
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:47:32 PM by Dice » Logged

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »

It reminds me off all past Xeno-games at the same time. There's the space stuff from Saga, the character designs scream Gears and the big world is of course super Blade-like. Love it.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »

BLADE: "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator."

Had to post that for posterity's sake. No idea what GROWTH stands for though (if I were to take a stab at it though, I'd say its "Galactic Reclamation Of Worlds Through Habitation."; I expect the actual acronym to somehow turn out worse than this).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2014, 03:33:21 PM »

It reminds me off all past Xeno-games at the same time. There's the space stuff from Saga, the character designs scream Gears and the big world is of course super Blade-like. Love it.

Not to mention Saga's silly acronyms, as Aeolus pointed out.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »

Hey, if a pidgeon dating sim can hit me with the feels, overlooking a few silly acronyms in my grande JRPG scifi adventure is going to be easy peasy :D
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »

It's so beautiful...

Too bad it didn't quite might this fall like I hoped, but I think it's clear it'll be worth the wait.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2014, 04:16:36 PM »

Too bad it didn't quite might this fall like I hoped, but I think it's clear it'll be worth the wait.

It's a TT game.  You couldn't seriously be expecting it for this year.

I wouldn't even expect it until later 2015. In Japan.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: