Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 11:47:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334504 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  "X" by Monolith (now named Xenoblade Chronicles X)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print
Author Topic: "X" by Monolith (now named Xenoblade Chronicles X)  (Read 10582 times)
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2014, 04:53:02 PM »

I hope they're all still super-British. Nice change of pace from the same voice actors again and again, honestly.
  Aye! I second that. Some of the great memorable lines from the first game got a bit of help from that British accent, indeed.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2014, 05:01:14 PM »

I hope they're all still super-British. Nice change of pace from the same voice actors again and again, honestly.

IF that first "town" is Neo-LA, I want them to have American accents.... If there is a Neo-London, you're goddamn right they better sound British.
Is that a lot to ask?  Fuckit, I think it'd be fun....

But yeah I grew really attached to the British cast.

I hope there's like a split second right before a new day starts, right before 00:00 called RE:YN that makes you do a 99,999 damage hit because.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2014, 01:50:02 AM »

No I want the people from Neo-LA to all have British accents.

I want literally everything to make a british accent, I want the sword sounds to be the MOTHERFUCKING QUEEN going "SWOOSH!" and "CLANG!"

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2014, 07:24:07 AM »

I doubt they will. Since I am assuming NoA will handle the English localization this time rather than letting NoE do it and then take it several months later.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2014, 09:19:23 AM »

I will say one thing, for all the xeno talk, this game bears no resemblance to xenosaga for me. I mean, I played xenogears and all 3 xenosagas, and this has a very different feel compared to them. I think that's a benefit though, given the bad rep xenosaga tends to get.

Did you watch the story trailer?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2014, 09:38:46 AM »

I will say one thing, for all the xeno talk, this game bears no resemblance to xenosaga for me. I mean, I played xenogears and all 3 xenosagas, and this has a very different feel compared to them. I think that's a benefit though, given the bad rep xenosaga tends to get.

IIRC, besides the "Xeno" part of the name, certain staff members, and other "things" aside (like use of mechs), it isn't supposed to be similar to the old Xeno- titles (iirc, they really can't be since the "series" has had different publishers over the years; jumping from Square, Namco, and now Nintendo).

I think it's kinda like a Megaman > Mighty Number 9 scenario.  Very similar, but it's "not" because of who owns what.

Code:
I could also be way off, I don't really talk about gaming politics, legal stuffs, or buyouts

RPGRocker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2014, 01:35:12 PM »

By the way, check out the Zohar in the upper left:

http://i.imgur.com/21HMLxE.png

I don't think we'll ever see this game push the limits of copyrights like Episode III did, but if it feels more "Xeno" than Xenoblade I'm all for it. I don't think I'm alone to say that Xenoblade's story was merely "OK" in comparison to Gears and Saga. If this game can improve on that... while keeping Xenoblade's amazing exploration and depth... I'd say we've got a winner.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2014, 05:08:42 PM »

AMG ZOHAR!

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2014, 05:31:26 PM »

I'm actually surprised the Zohar didn't show up anywhere in Xenoblade.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2014, 06:02:15 PM »

No I want the people from Neo-LA to all have British accents.

I want literally everything to make a british accent, I want the sword sounds to be the MOTHERFUCKING QUEEN going "SWOOSH!" and "CLANG!"

All I want from my Neo-LA is to be able to escape it with my 'Kurt Russel with an eyepatch'-ish looking avatar at some point.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2014, 09:52:06 PM »

I think the Monado was inspired by it.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2014, 08:13:44 AM »

IIRC, besides the "Xeno" part of the name, certain staff members, and other "things" aside (like use of mechs), it isn't supposed to be similar to the old Xeno- titles (iirc, they really can't be since the "series" has had different publishers over the years; jumping from Square, Namco, and now Nintendo).

I think it's kinda like a Megaman > Mighty Number 9 scenario.  Very similar, but it's "not" because of who owns what.

Code:
I could also be way off, I don't really talk about gaming politics, legal stuffs, or buyouts

Well I would think they can probably reuse anything they want from Saga since that was developed by Monolith Studios (although I guess it depends heavily on several legal documents that I have 0 way of accessing or probably even reading) and Namco has sold their entire share in Monolith to Nintendo. The fact that they actually got away with what they did in Saga will always amaze me though. I mean Monolith was founded by the people who made Gears leaving Square to form their own company. You would think that Square would be a little litigious over them making so many freaking call backs/blatant ripping of asset designs. Oh well, time to look to the future. A future that apparently has Zohars, at least in computer files!

I think the Monado was inspired by it.
I don't see it. One is representation of Jesus that allows humans to interface with 5th dimensional beings and also creates lovecraftian horrors. The other is a representation of a person's will to defy fate (or something like that, I forgot the dialogue from the ending). Other than being McGuffins, I don't see much similarity between them. I am however now wondering if X is going to see a return of naming stuff after stuff from Gnosticism.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2014, 09:59:13 AM »

I did some googling and got this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monad_%28Gnosticism%29

"This Monad is the spiritual source of everything which emanates the pleroma, and could be contrasted to the darkness of pure matter."

But in any case I meant they looked more visually similar to me in the sense that they're all these big chunky things with a round bit towards the top and a bunch of lines on it.

--- edit ---

Disregard previous comments, I'm a dumb.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:33:41 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »

http://rpgfan.com/news/2014/1920.html

Wow.. Sounds incredible. I remember thinking how much of the map areas I explored in Xenoblade and to think that the sequel's map will be five times bigger is a lot to take in. I was hoping for a spring/summer release, but I wonder with this tidbit revealed that'll be closer to Christmas time next year.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2014, 11:57:34 AM »

I had fireworks going off in my head when I read that.

Seriously, if "X" is even half the game Xenoblade was, I'll still love it a LOT.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: