Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 08:54:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329710 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wind Waker U
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Wind Waker U  (Read 10436 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 07:39:04 PM »

I love Zelda... and Wind Waker is one of my favourites, but, for some reason, I just don't care about this at all. I think, perhaps, it's because the last new Zelda game I liked was Twilight Princess. Since then, the only ones I actually enjoyed were remakes. Maybe I'm just disheartened to see them focusing so much on remakes rather than good new games. I dunno. Not even sure that made sense.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 07:52:21 PM »

If I get a WiiU I'll pick it up as the last Zelda I played was OoT.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »

I hope they have a toggle for rendering style so I can get it to look like the original in HD rather than if you gave the original the CGI movie treatment, but otherwise I'm definitely looking forward to this. I didn't even think of how the Wii U Game Pad could be useful for it.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »

Ehh. I'd rather they put all their resources into a new game, than waste time resurfacing an old one. I liked it well enough , but I never play games more than once, so I have zero interest in this.
Plus, after the let down that was Skyward Sword, I can't really get excited about anything Zelda. Even a new WiiU Zelda doesn't excite me much.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »

Or, god willing, they can just get rid of the whole Triforce chart sequence entirely because it made me hate Tingle for all eternity. Or at the very least, remove the absurd rupee cost. FUCK YOU TINGLE!

They should have let you have wallet upgrades sooner. I swear I lost 99% of my rupees to just having a shitty wallet that could only hold a few hundred rupees and nothing to really buy.

And while we're fantasy deving, I'd love to see the ability to mark the sea chart or take notes just to let yourself know what items you need to get whatever is on each island. It'd make early exploring feel a bit less like a waste of time because, if nothing else, you're gathering information. Of course you can always take notes the old fashioned way, but having that kind of thing integrated would change something that's a chore into something fun. Kind of like what etrian odyssey did to drawing a map on gridpaper.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 09:09:12 PM »

I was thinking that given how the controller for the Wii U is The Wind Waker can benefit greatly from it.

You could finally use the Tingle Tuner without the need of an another system and hunting for treasure in the ocean can be a more interesting affair, especially for when you have to get the Triforce charts.

Or, god willing, they can just get rid of the whole Triforce chart sequence entirely because it made me hate Tingle for all eternity. Or at the very least, remove the absurd rupee cost. FUCK YOU TINGLE!

I love Wind Waker and all, but I thought it was filled with more grievances than the rest of the games.  Triforce Shard hunting was just mean.  I hated Skyward Sword, but I liked their approach to the Triforce even if the dungeon it was in was a copy/paste waste of precious....um, Zelda Dungeon-ing.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »

I was thinking that given how the controller for the Wii U is The Wind Waker can benefit greatly from it.

You could finally use the Tingle Tuner without the need of an another system and hunting for treasure in the ocean can be a more interesting affair, especially for when you have to get the Triforce charts.

I love Wind Waker and all, but I thought it was filled with more grievances than the rest of the games.  Triforce Shard hunting was just mean.  I hated Skyward Sword, but I liked their approach to the Triforce even if the dungeon it was in was a copy/paste waste of precious....um, Zelda Dungeon-ing.

I liked the concept of SS's final dungeon shuffling. I just wish it wasn't Dungeon Shuffling for Kids (or at least it didn't recycle a mid boss by turning it into the boss).

But getting rid of the Triumph Forks hunts and/or replacing them with another dungeon would be nice (even if it means no longer having a use for Rupees since Tingle's services, Beedle's shop, the Auction, and a handful of minigames were the only meaningful expenses in the game).

Another wish on my HD remake wishlist though would be to make combat not completely piss easy (that action roll business neutered every non boss/boat fight in the game). That, and making it so that you didn't have to come to a complete stop every time you wanted to do something on the ship (including, but not limited to, launching bombs to fight enemies like those sharks).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 12:24:34 AM »

I hope they make the sailing a bit less tedious.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 12:52:30 AM »

Given how beautifully animated WW was back in (I think) 2001, I can't wait to see how this looks in motion.  This is really unexpected news, all things considered.  Nintendo doesn't really do HD remakes, do they?  Ocarina did, sorta, it's a texture improvement or whatever (the NPCs still looked weird and creepy).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »

Along with updated graphics, WW needs to have a motorize boat a teleportation device for travelling.  Travelling was horrible in this game.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 07:28:03 PM »

I can see some people not liking it, but the traveling was kind of the entire point.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 09:19:22 PM »

Also there was fast travel in the Ballad of Gales melody.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 09:21:48 PM »

Also there was fast travel in the Ballad of Gales melody.

Yeah...actually, now that you bring that up, I think that lessens a lot of people's complaints about the sailing. At least to an extent.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 06:05:06 PM »

I can see some people not liking it, but the traveling was kind of the entire point.

I want a motorboat, dang it.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 09:59:55 PM »

I love my WiiU. Mario is awesome and the thing is great for looking up podcasts on the controller and watching them on the screen. I'd buy this system even if it was just for Zelda. Kinda odd an HD port of an existing game is going to take that long though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: