Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 11:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329458 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wind Waker U
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Wind Waker U  (Read 10373 times)
fenryo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2013, 03:27:15 PM »

Nintendo or the art of the ultimate remix again and over again....

I am an ancient fan of Zelda bu noooooo

Gamer without fronteer.
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »

Wow-ee does NA get the short of the stick in that deal or what...? I am going to pick up a Wii-U in the not so distant future. The euro deal would've had me sold. If I buy Windwaker I want the Ganondorf figurine damnit!

Sounds like the limited edition will also be released here! :) http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-gamestop-exclusive-limited-edition/111455

I have a feeling this will quickly become a highly sought-after collector's item...

I have fury!
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2013, 10:52:10 PM »

DAMMIT I wasn't going to buy this.

But... but action figure. :<
The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2013, 05:45:06 AM »

The Wii U is just not selling. Nintendo keeps saying that they're going to sell a bunch during the holiday season. I shutter to think what will happen if they don't. I really want to get one for Wind Waker HD, Xenoblade, and the upcoming Xeno game but the entire console might fail before I get around to buying it. Kinda worried.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »

The Wii U is just not selling. Nintendo keeps saying that they're going to sell a bunch during the holiday season. I shutter to think what will happen if they don't. I really want to get one for Wind Waker HD, Xenoblade, and the upcoming Xeno game but the entire console might fail before I get around to buying it. Kinda worried.
Considering there's a large lineup releasing before December, they'll have a nice amount of sold Wii U.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »

Man, you're going to be in for a shock when the PS4 and Xbone are going to be floundering for the next year or so. Namely, because it takes a year or so for any new console to develop a library, a couple of killer apps, and an install base large enough to subsist on for the rest of the generation. And given the WiiU's upcoming price drop as well as the titles they've been readying for the holiday season, I think they're probably going to pull through comfortably enough (bonus points for not having much to compete with from Sony or Microsoft this year outside of their console launches).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2013, 02:04:36 PM »

Man, you're going to be in for a shock when the PS4 and Xbone are going to be floundering for the next year or so. Namely, because it takes a year or so for any new console to develop a library, a couple of killer apps, and an install base large enough to subsist on for the rest of the generation. And given the WiiU's upcoming price drop as well as the titles they've been readying for the holiday season, I think they're probably going to pull through comfortably enough (bonus points for not having much to compete with from Sony or Microsoft this year outside of their console launches).

I can't remember the starting lineup for the PS360, but things def aren't looking too hot for the WiiU as it currently stands (upcoming titles are mostly Nintendo's own first party stuff and a lot more love still going into the 3DS>WiiU it seems).  If I had to guess, Zelda WWHDis being released earlier to prepare for the upcoming release of the next gen Fall consoles; at the very least,the timing is especially sweet (complete with a WiiU Pricedrop, Zelda releases, Pokemon X/Y, and 2DS).

If the PSP (and, atm, PSV), Wii, DreamCast, and even the GameCube to some extent proves that a system can certainly fizzle out, and while I think it's too soon to call the race for how well the WiiU is holding up, it's not holding a good hand of cards to play.  Here's hoping they mop the floor at the Tokyo Game Show?

I definitely agree that the PS4/XBone are looking good solely for the fact that they look pretty... but their releases aren't *terribly* impressive at all beyond the generic lump of titles.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2013, 03:36:34 PM »

Pretty sure Nintendo is "patching" their situation with what they have shown recently to the public.

The only time I can see them being worried is if Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. doesn't move enough money and make good numbers for them. Though, I don't know how to feel about a company that made so much money with the Wii and DS to be honest.

Here's hoping they mop the floor at the Tokyo Game Show?

You mean Nintendo? But they never show any of their stuff at TGS. :|
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2013, 04:18:47 PM »

Here's hoping they mop the floor at the Tokyo Game Show?

You mean Nintendo? But they never show any of their stuff at TGS. :|

goes to show how well I follow TGS beyond what's announced

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2013, 06:57:07 PM »

Wow-ee does NA get the short of the stick in that deal or what...? I am going to pick up a Wii-U in the not so distant future. The euro deal would've had me sold. If I buy Windwaker I want the Ganondorf figurine damnit!

Sounds like the limited edition will also be released here! :) http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-gamestop-exclusive-limited-edition/111455

I have a feeling this will quickly become a highly sought-after collector's item...

What I meant was I want the LE system package (with figurine) that pal regions are getting. The NA system LE only has downloadable windwaker and no figurine.

That said I will probably pick this up despite not having a Wii U or being a big zelda fan because I do foresee regretting not having done so in the future...

I don't predict any floundering for the PS4 (at least in North America). I sort of feel like as the releases of the next gen consoles  come to pass the PS4 is going to prove the quintessential holiday console to get if for no other reason than hype alone, pulling its sales leagues ahead of competitors. This will not be due to the fact that educated gamers are bagging themselves the "best" new console (though it may prove to be the case) but more so due to the fact that I think its going to dominate the recreational gaming demographic much more so than any other console. Actually in truth, I predict a very "sony dominated" industry for quite awhile this generation for various reasons. I'm not saying "PS4 is the best" I am simply stating my prediction.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2013, 09:13:09 PM »

I guess for the last few generations I've really felt like they've come too fast, before the consumer really wanted them. I remember the days when a new console release was a magical and unbelievable thing. I remember when I first saw the N64 or the SNES, it was like "is this for real? holy crap!" Now it's just an expected refresh where the diehards have to post screenshots side by side for most people to even understand what the differences in generations are. I'm perfectly happy with my PS3, I feel like there's a long ways it could still go. It used to be that you wanted a new console because, OMG, you wanted to be able to feel the difference it brought... now it's simply to make sure you can continue to play games. I used to welcome new consoles, now they simply mean I've gotta shell out more money.

It's becoming as undramatic as a MacOS or iOS update: every year on the dot, whether it really makes any difference or not.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2013, 09:37:51 PM »

I guess for the last few generations I've really felt like they've come too fast, before the consumer really wanted them. I remember the days when a new console release was a magical and unbelievable thing. I remember when I first saw the N64 or the SNES, it was like "is this for real? holy crap!" Now it's just an expected refresh where the diehards have to post screenshots side by side for most people to even understand what the differences in generations are. I'm perfectly happy with my PS3, I feel like there's a long ways it could still go. It used to be that you wanted a new console because, OMG, you wanted to be able to feel the difference it brought... now it's simply to make sure you can continue to play games. I used to welcome new consoles, now they simply mean I've gotta shell out more money.

It's becoming as undramatic as a MacOS or iOS update: every year on the dot, whether it really makes any difference or not.

My thoughts exactly. I'm perfectly content with the existing consoles(PS3 in particular), and would play games on them for a good long while if the games kept coming. Even with the new consoles coming, I won't be buying one for at least a year. Perhaps when The Witcher 3 comes out.

on topic: Wind Waker U = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2013, 10:15:01 PM »

on topic: Wind Waker U = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
No shitting! I thought the first one was kinda boring and empty, never had the urge to replay it. What I find even worse was we know that dungeons didn't get finished and were left out, and the general consensus, even among die-hard fans, is that it's a shame and gives the game an obvious flaw. This is the perfect opportunity to fix that and give people a good reason to replay it, and they couldn't be bothered to put forth the effort.

I love Zelda, but this is a real strike against the developers, IMO.

Man, if they could only come out with something as good as Twilight Princess again.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2013, 10:34:45 PM »

I wonder how much of that is our getting older and how much is the technology not having anymore breakthroughs to make(Or rather, it hasn't been making any). 8 bit changed gaming since it was such a step up over atari. Then two gens later it's 3D and cutscenes. And it's mostly just been adding more polygons from there. I guess a nod to dreamcast for being the first to go online. But not really much since then except gradual refinement.

Basically it's time for consoles to become sentient and rise up against us.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2013, 11:39:10 PM »

Virtual Reality seems to be the next big thing in the last few years and while I'm not too excited about it I do want to see how that deal really can effect games (or rather technology at large) in the future if this thing actually becomes a viable option or not.

Basically it's time for consoles to become sentient and rise up against us.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:46:23 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: