Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:22:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318937 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wind Waker U
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Wind Waker U  (Read 7850 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2013, 04:40:53 AM »

I wonder how much of that is our getting older and how much is the technology not having anymore breakthroughs to make(Or rather, it hasn't been making any). 8 bit changed gaming since it was such a step up over atari. Then two gens later it's 3D and cutscenes. And it's mostly just been adding more polygons from there. I guess a nod to dreamcast for being the first to go online. But not really much since then except gradual refinement.

Basically it's time for consoles to become sentient and rise up against us.

The Wii did implement motion controls, albeit not as robustly as it needed to be to live up to the promises Nintendo made about it, which Sony copied wholesale to even less of an effect, and Microsoft met with their Kinect which couldn't be gimpier if they tried without just straight up copying the Eyetoy. Of course, when both gamers and developers wanting nothing to do with any of that shit, it does feel like nothing at all happened since the halcyon days of yore when videogames became the greatest they ever were and will be.

Frankly, I feel that there are a lot of changes still being made but not many people are willing to pay attention to them since it doesn't involve the big three consoles.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2013, 06:43:04 AM »

^Wii Music really ruined any kind of hype Nintendo had for a while with the Wii regarding motion controls, Kinect was a joke most of the time that only the guys at Giant Bomb found a good use for it and the PS Move while it worked I never saw that it became a big deal among casual players but I could be wrong about that.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2013, 09:08:43 AM »

Possibly the best new reviewers on youtube review this game

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2013, 04:01:33 PM »

Well a touch of seasonal depression coupled with the angst I was feeling as a result of my disgust with KH bested me yesterday. I sprung for a Wii U Windwaker bundle folks.

First let me say, I have been in Sony's corner since the PS1 BIG TIME.  I waved "buh bye" to to Nintendo and Zelda after the Ocarina of Time. Throughout the years, I gave each new piece of hardware and most of the big Nintendo-brand first party titles a try only to become more and more disappointed.

Now I'm not going so far as to say I am switching teams here, in a manner of speaking, but I will say that the Wii U is leagues more impressive than any hardware Nintendo has put out in ages IMO. I still fully expect the next gen stuff coming out this year to blow it out of the water but that doesn't change the fact that Nintendo "caught up" in a big way in terms of home console quality here.

Enough of that though... ZELDA!!!

I bought this on gut instinct that for some reason this would be different. I don't know why, seeing as how Zelda has not tickled my fancy in well over a decade but I wanted to give the franchise another shot before I wrote it off as not appealing to me. Glad I did. This game is MEGA-SPECTACULO-GORGEOUS to behold. Truly a  thing of visual splendor here. Graphics are not generally a strong selling point for me, but one can't ignore them here. They look THAT good. Now I'm going cast aside any objective observation and say  the art style and heavily animated thematic of it all is what really knocks it out of the park for me. This game is dripping "cozy charm" coupled with a certain giddy anime/cartoon vibe that I simply adore thus far.

I know I am not expressing anything anyone doesn't already know. But I DIDN'T KNOW damnit! Any maybe there is someone else out there who has found Zelda to be a bit lackluster as well who will benefit from reading this observation.... if not I don't care... I need to gush over this game a bit.

Gameplay. Well I was (obviously) late to the party with this one. I wish I got the memo that liittle cartoon island boy link is better with a blade then most of his other green-garbed incarnations. Once again its a matter of taste, but I find the swordplay/gameplay here to be a cut above (hahahaha, see what I did there?).

I can't say much more as I've only spent a weekend with it so far but these few hours have proven mega-inspiring. I almost feel ashamed having gone into this with such an jaded opinion of both Nintendo and Zelda for that matter. But I am not too proud to admit when I have been wrong, and the Wind Waker and the Wii U are proving just that to me.

Nuf said for now. Anyone who thought the idea  of  killing Ganon AGAIN seems lackluster and predictable but feels the least bit inclined to give Zelda another shot owes it to themselves to give this a go. This game is gold thus far IMO.

EDIT: 2 days since my post, 4 since the bundle release and no thread activity.... I suppose I am the odd man out here... well for those of you "setting sail" october 4th with the physical release, you can safely get excited! Even being as picky and fickle as I am I can find very little fault with this game.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:16:50 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2013, 08:04:44 PM »

I want that glorious boxart, and I'm not as willing to buy download titles in the Wii U unlike what I do for my 3DS.

Kupo'ing to Victory! ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2013, 02:34:23 PM »

The booger kid in the 1st village is making me sick

Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »

That was the most intense digital snot I have ever seen.... in a platformer that would be used to swing from objects whilst doubling as a weapon.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2013, 05:28:22 PM »

So I bought the bundle, for the fuck of it, and I love it. I haven't had a N console since N64 and I'm hoping they HDify more classics, especially some sort of Galaxy bundle.

The controls in Waker are a bit wonky and floaty, though. Still it's a beautiful game and loads of fun.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2013, 05:29:22 PM »

That was the most intense digital snot I have ever seen.... in a platformer that would be used to swing from objects whilst doubling as a weapon.

I think that kid is my spirit-NPC.  My nose is like "out of order" broken even on the days I'm not sick.

I want to get the bundle, but I'm gonna guess it's one of those "limited time" dealies that won't see anymore when I do have extra income (even though that thing should always be in production)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »

They have mountains of them at the gamestops near me.

I'm guessing you'll be ok to chill until more rupees are in your pouch

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2013, 05:40:27 PM »

I have the money, but with the amount of things coming out next year, I'm saving to be broke next year.

Yodes, FF14, lets doit

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2013, 05:55:39 PM »

I don't know... I'd rather do Diablo

I have a feeling FF14 would suck me in and spit me out all nasty like

Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2013, 07:42:22 PM »

So I bought the bundle, for the fuck of it, and I love it. I haven't had a N console since N64 and I'm hoping they HDify more classics, especially some sort of Galaxy bundle.

The controls in Waker are a bit wonky and floaty, though. Still it's a beautiful game and loads of fun.

I really can't believe how much fun I'm having with the Wii U. My faith is restored in Nintendo.  I hope more publishers feel likewise...

I have the money, but with the amount of things coming out next year, I'm saving to be broke next year.

Yodes, FF14, lets doit

I hear ya on saving with the intentions of going broke, I'm pawning stuff left and right fund my exorbitant gaming habit! And BTW thanks for inviting me to the FF party dice..... *sigh* its no wonder I grew up to only appreciate the single player experience...

But even if I were invited, I'd have to decline on account of...

I have a feeling FF14 would suck me in and spit me out all nasty like

I feel like playing that game could jeopardize my professional life if I were to entertain it-LoL

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2013, 07:58:06 PM »

honestly, the only way I'd wanna play is if I can get peeps in on it, but yeah, Yoda brings up a good point that (IMO) online gaming seems to do in general.

And sorry Klyde D:

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2013, 01:54:20 AM »

Playing windwaker now brings me back to xmas break in HS when I got Ocarina and spent my whole break playing it. I played it so much I forgot everything about school, including my locker combination, when I got back. Those were the days.

I love the little messages you can find from people. I just found a cute one some person drew of link and navi screaming "HEY LISTEN"

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: