Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 03:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319720 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wind Waker U
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Wind Waker U  (Read 8116 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2013, 01:13:36 PM »

Sorry, but if you bought a game that you've "already played the crap out of" just to get a silly Ganon figure then I just don't know what to say. That's just weird.

I enjoyed Wind Waker on the cube, but don't get into wasting money on remakes. Too many good games out there I have yet to play.

"Life's too short" and all that right?

Well, if you like the game enough and the re-release has new content and/or physical bonuses that get your attention then that's enough reason for a fan or anyone interested to invest their time and money into. Is just as simple as that really...

I spent $200 on a rare art book.  No regrets/  Being a fan of things is like looove.  It makes us do crazy things

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »

And I forgot to go through properly and address this earlier, but sometimes we just really like a game, or it's been so long it's as good as new. There's only so much time and there's new experiences to find, yes, but sometimes that older game's just more enjoyable than anything newer you'd dig up, such as Super Metroid. Though it does help that specific example is damn short and Wind Waker HD added options to cut down on time so it's more reasonable for playing than replaying the original Wind Waker.
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2013, 07:00:02 PM »

Sorry, but if you bought a game that you've "already played the crap out of" just to get a silly Ganon figure then I just don't know what to say. That's just weird.

I enjoyed Wind Waker on the cube, but don't get into wasting money on remakes. Too many good games out there I have yet to play.

Some of my favorite "things" are stupid LE bonus items, art books and whatnot I've paid retarded amounts for. I'm just an enthusiast when it comes to those type of collectibles. As such, I completely understand anyone being upset they missed out on the WW LE with Ganon.

And I forgot to go through properly and address this earlier, but sometimes we just really like a game, or it's been so long it's as good as new.

I can't agree with this more...

This year I replayed both Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3, both of which I hadn't touch since childhood. I may have played them until the battery back-ups died when I was a kid but that was like 2 decades ago. While I remembered them like the back of my hand, I still enjoyed them way more then a lot of the new titles I played through this year that, in every measurable respect, are of a higher quality.

On the flip side of the coin, I'm also nickel and diming my way through suikoden.  I have almost zero recall of the first 2 and it is totally like playing a new yet familiar game. This is my favorite type of nostalgic gaming experience. That vague sense that your cozy comfortable and familiar with the game yet totally surprised and enthralled with every new plot twist and development. This experience is harder to come by but the pinnacle of gaming glory for me. Its the reward for those who have been gaming long enough to forget half the s**t they played!! LoL

The way I handle the abundance of new titles coupled with all the old ones I want to re-play is with simple routines. Right now I do all my retro gaming on the weekends and keep my current gen play localized to the weekdays. I find I enjoy both a great deal more this way, and by maintaining discipline with my routine, one game never takes precedence over the other.

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2013, 10:01:46 PM »

Ya know what? I'm an idiot. Sometimes I forget that I am a bit older, and at a different time in my life, than probably most people on here. I think back just 10 years and I know I was spending a bit of money on things that I wouldn't even consider doing nowadays. I think back 15 years and MAN was I ever dropping cash on silly things, not even thinking about the future. Things like marriage, children, a home, medical bills, and a ton of other priorities, tend to make you re-think where the money goes. Spending $500 on a plumber to re-build your shower is a bit more important than buying video games and associated merchandise.
The point is that I apologize. I did it, too. I still do it on rare occasions, but it goes to my garden over games. Carry on.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2013, 10:39:18 PM »

I'm not so much mad I missed it as much as I'm mad that Gamestop basically lied to me as to what I was pre-ordering when I made the pre-order.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2013, 12:39:38 AM »

Ya know what? I'm an idiot. Sometimes I forget that I am a bit older, and at a different time in my life, than probably most people on here. I think back just 10 years and I know I was spending a bit of money on things that I wouldn't even consider doing nowadays. I think back 15 years and MAN was I ever dropping cash on silly things, not even thinking about the future. Things like marriage, children, a home, medical bills, and a ton of other priorities, tend to make you re-think where the money goes. Spending $500 on a plumber to re-build your shower is a bit more important than buying video games and associated merchandise.
The point is that I apologize. I did it, too. I still do it on rare occasions, but it goes to my garden over games. Carry on.

I couldn't agree more actually.

I'm not exactly "old" yet, but by no means young either. The responsibilities of adulthood seem to creep in, whether we like it or not and supporting an exorbitant gaming habbit has to be a calculated move and priority the older you get it seems...

I am a home owner, in business for myself as a professional artist. I have a host of health problems that cost me a fortune as well. My house is well maintained, I make sure to continue to grow and expand my business and then I tend to my health. But once those bases are covered any extra I've got goes into gaming and j-pop culture. I have planned gaming into my life agenda so to speak. There was a point in time when I completely abandoned being a gaming and j-pop enthusiast in pursuit of companionship and other things I deemed important at the time. I eventually came to realize that I'm happier entertaining my sick gaming obsession and it proves far more condusive to being creative and allocating ample energy to my career than anything else.

In all honesty, beyond my career, home and health I couldn't imagine squeezing in anything else other than gaming. So I certainly see where you are coming from Grim... If I did choose to incorporate "family" and "garden" in my life, NISA's next limited edition lunch-box set and guide book would have to take a backseat.

Whats the moral of the story? I think it is completely irrational to spend what I do on gaming. Thing is I know what I like. And I am happy sacrificing other things to methodically plan the incorporation of my hobby. I venture to guess I am not the only adult who prioritizes there life in a similar fashion.

Case and point (to summarize). My shoes are 5 years old and the Sephiroth statue in my living room literally cost as much as the vehicle I drive. However, I did not buy that statue until my bills were paid and I was booked well in advance for tattoo work to keep me fed whilst maintaining the monthly bill I incur as a result of health. That way I can look happily at that statue every day without regret. This is where priorities come in.... and yes as an adult I know mine are screwed up.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »

I'm not so much mad I missed it as much as I'm mad that Gamestop basically lied to me as to what I was pre-ordering when I made the pre-order.

Yeah, they have a tendency to do that. I, generally speaking, don't like preordering anything from them.

Anyways, I wasn't really that interested given how many figurines of Nintendo characters are released in general. I bet if I looked hard enough I could find something similar for about the same price, just sold separately.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2013, 10:05:08 AM »

This is a game that is making me want to buy a Wii U. It's my favorite Zelda and it sounds like they totally improved the sailing.

Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »

This is a game that is making me want to buy a Wii U. It's my favorite Zelda and it sounds like they totally improved the sailing.

Yes sir, it was this coupled with the prospect of playing another Xeno title that put me over the edge. Like I said a few posts earlier, Nintendo nailed it this time IMO as far as hardware is concerned. I really hope the library of the Wii U doesn't prove as largely disappointing to me as that of Nintendo's more recent home consoles.

Regardless though, if you don't have a Wii you can still look at Xenoblade, Last Story and a few other choice titles from the last gen as reason enough to spring for a Wii U now. I personally can't wait to give Last Story and Pandora's Tower a go in HD. I actually held off playing some of the Wii games in my collection on purpose so I can experience them for the first time via the Wii U.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:52:59 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2013, 07:27:08 PM »

I just got the Swift Sail and it is a boon for sea travel. Double speed, no need to change wind directions...

The wind song only works for the Deku Leaf now.

Something's off with an egg... ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2013, 02:10:18 PM »

https://vine.co/v/hwzQb2LpneO
OMG I need this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2013, 02:37:36 PM »

Uh... You need Aonuma himself?

Something's off with an egg... ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2013, 02:38:21 PM »

Uh... You need Aonuma himself?

;D

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: