Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319717 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Wii pre-orders start tomorrow!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Wii pre-orders start tomorrow!  (Read 8221 times)
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 02:18:25 PM »

Well, except for Zelda and Metroid Prime, which are surely winners for me, I can't think of other 1st party games that excite me so much. Which ones you mean?
PS: When I bought the GC - only got the PS 2 about two years later - I did it mainly for the Resident Evil series, and I doubt this one will be wii exclusive.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 04:43:33 PM »

It really just depends on how much you care for Nintendo's titles. Personally, I want Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Paper Mario, possibly WarioWare Smooth Moves, and games like Project H.A.M.M.E.R. and Disaster (despite the developer's history) all look, or at least sound like interesting games. However, for anyone that just doesn't give a shit about what Nintendo releases... Might be a good idea to be cautious with the Wii. :P
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2006, 03:50:47 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
I'll have to avoid the internet for a month until Twilight Princess is out for GameCube so I don't mistakenly/unmistakenly see any spoilers

Meh, over here in europe we neither get the Wii nor Zelda till December so i'll have to avoid the internet too... Though i'm not planning to buy a wii anytime soon, so i'm not that miffed about the wait.

I'm slightly amused about how it's possible the Gamecube version on wii, as that undoes the whole point of the two versions.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 02:58:02 PM »

I just saw this and thought you'd like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOg41l7EMI

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 05:01:12 PM »

What kinds of spoilers you fear in a Zelda game anyway? People praising how awesome it is?
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 05:07:21 PM »

I heard you get upgraded bombs, swords, and shields!!!
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 05:25:33 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
I heard you get upgraded bombs, swords, and shields!!!

:)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 11:36:39 AM »

Interesting hands on article over at Bit-Tech.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/10/26/Nintendo_Wii_Hands_On/1.html

Interesting...one of the more negative previews so far. I've had a chance to play with one a bit and....I kinda have to agree. It just seems like such a gimmick...kinda like PictoChat or the Broadband adapter for the GCN. One of those things that was put in because Nintendo thought it would be this great future use kinda thing....and now? I jump into pictochat at work....nothin (and belive me....there are a lot of DSs floating around teh office.).

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 12:09:13 PM »

I'm really looking forward to the Wii and I have no problem looking like a dork.  It's not like I'm going to be the only one looking like one while I'm playing.  Also I'm not going to play it with my curtains wide open so people can see me so I don't see what the big deal is.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 03:39:54 PM »

That's not his main concern. It was the fact that the wiimote was limited to flicks of wrists rather than natural motion. So, compared to what he, and I, and a lot of people thought, it was sort of a dissapointment.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 04:06:07 PM »

From the Wii experience videos on Nintendos website, it seems like you go all out for Wii sports.  I'd have to play it myself to see if it is better to mimic playing tennis or just flick my wrist.  I pray Wario Ware makes people look as spastic as I've heard.  Movement is good.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Metalhed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 08:21:02 AM »

My wife just drove by our local Toys R Us. There are about 25 people sitting outside with their coffee and blankets (it is cold here in Syracuse) waiting. We went last night and there were already 5-10 people there at 7:00p. The store itself only has 6 PS3 and 15 Wii preorders available. Some of them will be disappointed.

After thinking about it, I am in no rush. The only exclusive launch title I want is Zelda. I will probably wait 6 months until a couple of decent games show up (Metroid, Mario and Fire Emblem are expected for June) and then get one (as they should be readily available by then). I did that with the 360 (once Morrowind came out I began to look for one)...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 08:31:02 AM »

... Sigh. Maybe it's just a positive sign of how well the WIi would do. BUt I'd rather just stop this pre-release OH MY GOD I NEED TO RUSH AND GET IT PREORDERED BY CAMPING OUT bullshit.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2006, 10:53:39 AM »

I went to Toys R US at 5 am, and waited in line until 9 am, and managed to buy a Wii preorder. It was a long wait, but many of the people there were friendly, and there wasn't any trouble. It was a nice experience. I'm glad to have met the people there. Many of them were preordering PS3, and there were only like a few of us that wanted Wii. Once the manager came out and told us the situation, a couple people ahead of me settled for the Wii instead. Luckily, I was still able to get one. (there were only 6 Wii preorders, and 5 PS3 preorders)

So... yeah. That's my preorder story. I'll say this - I'm never doing this shit again. ;p Mostly, what drove me to preorder the Wii was the thought that I could do it just one more time... preordering a launch system, that is.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2006, 04:33:56 PM »

Actually, I suppose that could be a positive sign. If everyone gets fed up, we'll have whiplash and it winds up being virtually non-existant for the next round.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: