Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 01:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330205 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Should I replay FFX or wait for the remake?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Should I replay FFX or wait for the remake?  (Read 2479 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2013, 02:01:58 AM »

I can't wait for FFXhd. I never finished that game because I actually rented that back in the day. Someone gave me a PS2 copy a few years ago and I fired it up and dug the fuck out of it but then I started playing Red Dead and forgot all about it.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »

The reality is, it might be quite simple to convert an SD 3D game into an HD one.

Emulators already do it, though I'd think SE would put more into it than JUST upping resolution.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »

The reality is, it might be quite simple to convert an SD 3D game into an HD one.

Emulators already do it, though I'd think SE would put more into it than JUST upping resolution.

Hmmm.... Maybe they'll throw in a brand new super dungeon filled with encounters that takes 5 minutes to beat a piece and loot that's only barely any stronger than the endgame gear found in the vanilla version yet still not any stronger than the still best gear from said vanilla version while the dungeon itself will either consist of a bunch of random assets thrown together to make this overly complicated/ROM Hacky dungeon, or consist entirely of the same room over and over again in a constant boss rush including brand new enemies 80 floors in with gimmicks that will likely oneshot you and make you waste all the hours, menial effort, and lucky loot drops you burnt on it (or maybe Squeenix will splurge on effort and do both).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: