Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:38:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318971 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch  (Read 15234 times)
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »

So I've finally been able to play it since my friend visited. I really like it. Oliver is kind of dense, but it looks really pretty and the story is interesting so far, along with a pretty good battle system. But the difficulty does spike after reaching the desert.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2013, 11:05:05 PM »

It's funny, he's dense as shit til literally the end of the game, then out of nowhere he fucking knows EVERYTHING.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »

So I've finally been able to play it since my friend visited. I really like it. Oliver is kind of dense, but it looks really pretty and the story is interesting so far, along with a pretty good battle system. But the difficulty does spike after reaching the desert.

The difficulty is retardedly unbalanced.

I HATE GAMES THAT GIVE YOU A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MOVE WITH THE LEFT STICK.  YOU MUST BE A LEVEL-A GRADE RETARD TO NOT FIGURE THIS OUT AT LEAST WITHIN FIVE SECONDS./rant

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2013, 07:42:43 PM »

wait until you get a little freedom to start exploring..... not only are areas accessible with baddies who completely own you before you can select "escape" but a few boss battles that followed left me coffee-less and nickle and diming em' with straight up physical attacks praying for healing sphere drops to survive.... i'm a gluten for this kinda stuff... luv it

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2013, 07:46:44 PM »

wait until you get a little freedom to start exploring..... not only are areas accessible with baddies who completely own you before you can select "escape" but a few boss battles that followed left me coffee-less and nickle and diming em' with straight up physical attacks praying for healing sphere drops to survive.... i'm a gluten for this kinda stuff... luv it

That's what happens when you have too many sandwiches. Coffee is gluten-free after all, nyuck nyuck.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2013, 05:58:06 PM »

The difficulty is retardedly unbalanced.

I HATE GAMES THAT GIVE YOU A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MOVE WITH THE LEFT STICK.  YOU MUST BE A LEVEL-A GRADE RETARD TO NOT FIGURE THIS OUT AT LEAST WITHIN FIVE SECONDS./rant

I only use the D-pad. :( This confused me when I tried to move the first time.

I played an hour of so or this, but then I got notification that my copy of Fire Emblem will arrive tomorrow, and that gets precedent for me. Mr.Drippy's Welsh accent is cute.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2013, 06:47:07 PM »

Game is fun, though I have to say the "comedy" routine during a certain segment in the game was particularly awful.  The game has limited voice acting, and I can't believe they dedicated that much of it to so much unfunny.  You know those moments in movies or TV shows where it cuts in to the tail end of a joke and everyone is laughing and allegedly are having a great time?  It was like that, except you were there for the entire five minute routine from start to finish and everyone in the scene is laughing hysterically, and you, the onlooker for this piece of entertainment media, is left completely bored wondering where the funny is.  There had to be something lost in translation.

Good god, I seriously can't get over how bad that was.  Why.  WHY.
Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2013, 07:06:14 PM »

Game is fun, though I have to say the "comedy" routine during a certain segment in the game was particularly awful.  The game has limited voice acting, and I can't believe they dedicated that much of it to so much unfunny.  You know those moments in movies or TV shows where it cuts in to the tail end of a joke and everyone is laughing and allegedly are having a great time?  It was like that, except you were there for the entire five minute routine from start to finish and everyone in the scene is laughing hysterically, and you, the onlooker for this piece of entertainment media, is left completely bored wondering where the funny is.  There had to be something lost in translation.

I actually thought the comedy routine scene was a good parody of weird euro-humor.... which I actually like even though I never really find it funny... just weird.... LoL

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013, 07:18:18 PM »

I thought it was funny.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »

My WE shipped last Saturday and should be at my parent's soon :D

I don't really care about the art cards or coin, I just wanted the book.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2013, 11:57:17 PM »

I'd actually pay money *just* for the book.

Meanwhile, here's a jpeg/PDF version of the whole thing.  Fuck it's so damn beautiful

*Star Edit*

Bad, Dice. Naughty Dice.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:01:47 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2013, 12:47:00 AM »

It's the same as the one in the game, right?
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2013, 12:50:44 AM »

It's the same as the one in the game, right?

Well now you'll never know*...  Spanks Goosey. >=/
(love the J. Judy edit though).

*(tahtelgoogotevahlluoywon)

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2013, 12:56:46 AM »

Just keepin' it real. :3

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2013, 12:57:15 AM »

Given how good the translation is for the most part, I figure whatever you're talking about was likely WORSE in Japanese.

That, or as noted it came out as some Euro thing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: