Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 02:13:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329336 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch  (Read 19794 times)
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2013, 06:51:38 PM »

The more filling the treat, the more the heart fills.

So the lower level treats aren't doing any good to fill the heart then after two hearts are full?

doh
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »

So the lower level treats aren't doing any good to fill the heart then after two hearts are full?
You'd need a seriously large amount, and they need to be preferred treats...in mite's case chocolate.

TASTY!
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »

You'd need a seriously large amount, and they need to be preferred treats...in mite's case chocolate.

Okay, yeah that makes sense then alright but it's odd that the heart doesn't get any bigger no matter how many I give him and the green ability bar stops when it gets to almost full too...

doh
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »

The squeal that Mite does when you feed him chocolate is adorable.  I want him to be real so I can hug him and feed him chocolate.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2013, 12:20:56 AM »

The squeal that Mite does when you feed him chocolate is adorable.  I want him to be real so I can hug him and feed him chocolate.
I can only imagine you screaming "TARGET THE FUCKING BOMB" at him while playing the game.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2013, 01:00:24 AM »

thats how I feel about the purloiner/ pirate kitty class thing.... i got 2 in my party.... named em both after my dead cats....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »

When I first saw the mite, a friend of mine was here too. She saw it and immediately said, "Wow, that thing is certainly derping it up!" Then I fed it chocolate and we both just went awww.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2013, 01:29:19 PM »

thats how I feel about the purloiner/ pirate kitty class thing.... i got 2 in my party.... named em both after my dead cats....
MAKE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN YOU TURN ONE INTO PUSS IN BOATS!!!!!!!!!

You will be very happy you did this.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2013, 04:20:09 PM »

MAKE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN YOU TURN ONE INTO PUSS IN BOATS!!!!!!!!!

You will be very happy you did this.

You can say that again! I just did my third tier morph with one of the little guys 2 nights ago... as of last night he finally reached a formidable level and was totally my saving grace in the glitterring grotto..... I sort of went in a wee bit unprepared.... the little guy was invaluable against those turban-wearing-blazzard-casting "dastards!!" (to steal some fire emblem verbage-LoL)

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »

Nearing close to the end of the game I think.  I just got the ability to open up purple chests (which also nets you some useful battle abilities) so I went around doing that for a bit and got a couple good pieces of armor and weapons.  I really adore this game and the flaws seem minor in the overall scheme of things (stop wasting your MP Esther!).  I haven't been following the thread, but I wonder why they changed almost all the names/places when they localized it?  I don't really care, but was just curious if there was a reason because some of them seem silly (like your pal from the beginning's name was Mark/Marcus and they changed that to something else).

I still use mitey and the fairy from the forest.  Gets the job done.  The shark from Ding Dong Sewers isn't half bad either for a decent melee for Esther.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2013, 11:49:36 PM »

Game is fun, though I have to say the "comedy" routine during a certain segment in the game was particularly awful.  The game has limited voice acting, and I can't believe they dedicated that much of it to so much unfunny.  You know those moments in movies or TV shows where it cuts in to the tail end of a joke and everyone is laughing and allegedly are having a great time?  It was like that, except you were there for the entire five minute routine from start to finish and everyone in the scene is laughing hysterically, and you, the onlooker for this piece of entertainment media, is left completely bored wondering where the funny is.  There had to be something lost in translation.

Good god, I seriously can't get over how bad that was.  Why.  WHY.

Indeed, there is something lost in translation.  They were doing (or a reference/homage/whatever to) manzai, a form of Japanese stand up comedy.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzai
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:13:09 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2013, 12:27:00 AM »

yep i named my puss in boats after my cat and another one after my friends cat.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2013, 04:56:12 PM »

alright I GIVE UP!!! a need a hint or something guys.... I won't check a faq because I know the dangers of laying eyes on those all too well.... but the ghost kid's riddle in peridia (yea, I think I'm off on the town name, but you know where I mean...).... I swear I know the answer, but just don't know what the hell to type!! 
Code:
He asks for the location of a symbol in the regions of the world section of the book that only appears once.... I found two possible answers, one on the world map and one of the map of summerlands:south (the # symbol for old smokey) but no matter what I type I can't get it right.... am I shooting blanks here!!!???? In other words, am I totally wrong in my answer and not my verbage? this is driving me whacky....

If I am right in my answer..... FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY PLEASE JUST TELL ME WHAT TO TYPE!!!!.... if I am wrong then just tell I am wrong... I'm not looking for a "hand-out" of the correct answer.... more or less, I just don't want to waste any more time trying to figure out exactly what to say  for the little casper kid to recognize my answer as correct if it in fact is....

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2013, 05:21:54 PM »

alright I GIVE UP!!! a need a hint or something guys.... I won't check a faq because I know the dangers of laying eyes on those all too well.... but the ghost kid's riddle in peridia (yea, I think I'm off on the town name, but you know where I mean...).... I swear I know the answer, but just don't know what the hell to type!! 
Code:
He asks for the location of a symbol in the regions of the world section of the book that only appears once.... I found two possible answers, one on the world map and one of the map of summerlands:south (the # symbol for old smokey) but no matter what I type I can't get it right.... am I shooting blanks here!!!???? In other words, am I totally wrong in my answer and not my verbage? this is driving me whacky....

If I am right in my answer..... FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY PLEASE JUST TELL ME WHAT TO TYPE!!!!.... if I am wrong then just tell I am wrong... I'm not looking for a "hand-out" of the correct answer.... more or less, I just don't want to waste any more time trying to figure out exactly what to say  for the little casper kid to recognize my answer as correct if it in fact is....

Edit: Or Old Smokey.  I might be confusing them.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:23:38 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »

Thanks dice!!! I freakin' knew I was right!!!!!.... I was spelling old smoky wrong the entire time! LoL..... *palm to face*

And today I have an additional question! LoL... aren't I a pain?

This is not so much Ni No specific though.... I am getting rid of my german copy over in the bazar and although I double checked via google search to make sure it would work on a US system (and can be played in english) I still don't know how trophies and all that jazz works..... I know you need a german account to use german dlc... that is about it.... is there any other important info I should be aware of (or more accurately I should make anyone interested in buying aware of?)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:52:53 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: