Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 03:04:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330207 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch  (Read 20355 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2013, 07:27:01 PM »

Well, my WE of NNK shipped on the 11th.
It hasn't arrived yet, and when I contacted Amazon.de they said "We don't know where it is".

They gave me a full refund, so that's something, but it's kind of a drag that I'm not getting the game. :(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »

Just got this yesterday. Only had a chance to play for a few hours but I absolutely love the look of it so far! The music is also really really good.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »

It hasn't arrived yet, and when I contacted Amazon.de they said "We don't know where it is".

They gave me a full refund, so that's something, but it's kind of a drag that I'm not getting the game. :(

That's the saddest answer ever....

And Dye: enjoy!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »

I just gotta say, 52 hours in here.... and this game has not even become remotely stale to me!!! I have yet to even have a desire to put anything else in (and that is tough with Tales of Vesperia and Skies of Arcadia, both recently acquired, staring down from my shelf at me).....

I'm not saying peoples complaints about this title have not been valid... but truly what game isn't void of some flaws, with the exception of FF6 and chrono trigger-LoL (that was a joke folks.... please don't let an onslaught of CT and FF hate ensue....)..... flaws and all Ni No is a true RPG gem to me...

I have just.....

.... beaten shadar and saw everyone in ding dong dell turn into creatures thanks to the white witch! I was really curious to see how she entered the picture and I love how they sort of set up that "false ending" type of vibe while all the while your going in the back of your mind "are they really gonna leave so many questions unanswered for the possibility of direct sequel or is there more to this???".... lets face it, most plot twists become relatively predicatable as they draw near so it really boils down to execution for me.... this one, was executed well in my book

Well that is all I gotta say..... I freakin' love this game.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:22:31 PM by Eusis » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2013, 05:33:10 PM »

DOOD SPOILERS, OMG

But srsly, fix the spoilers before you ruin someone's game klyde!!!!!

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2013, 06:53:17 PM »

lol, picked the wrong forum thingy Klyde.

I just got to that part too.  Will probably tackle more this weekend.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2013, 07:23:09 PM »

Fixed it for him, and without glancing at too much! Though a big plot point was spoiled for me anyway by one of the most childish pieces of shit I've ever seen online.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »

That's the saddest answer ever....

Tell me about it. :(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2013, 02:56:53 PM »

Holy heck guys, I AM SOOOOOO SORRY..... I feel like I should change my avatar to a picture of photon with "idiot" marker-printed on his forehead..... I can't believe I used the wrong forum code yesterday..... I usually double check my posts via preview  but I was in a rush to get to a tattoo yesterday......

All I can say is I screwed up big time.... thank goodness it doesn't appear my mishap ruined things for anyone....

Eusis, thank you so much for fixing that for me.... Your my hero now and I wish to reward you.... when I've got time (probably this saturday or sunday) I will dig through some of my RPG merchandise and find something to send you as a gift :) I'll PM you so as not to clog-up the topic with pictures of import keychains and figurines-LoL

This was serious business.... people have done bad things to me and life, but those who have spoiled RPG's on me are the only ones I have held grudges against, LoL....

Sorry, and thank you all sincerely for your forgiveness.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »

Oh it wasn't THAT huge a spoiler. All you spoiled was how stuff happened, if you actually played the game, you saw it coming a mile away.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »

Oh it wasn't THAT huge a spoiler. All you spoiled was how stuff happened, if you actually played the game, you saw it coming a mile away.

I just put myself in the position of having what I said spoiled... and when I do that, I think I would want to kill me.....

In any event, I can't say I really saw all that coming. Then again (as demonstrated in this thread) I'm clearly not the sharpest player on block now am I-LoL

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2013, 08:29:12 AM »

Late to the party as usual, but after @15 hours in (and yes, I take my time playing games, just now "recruited" Esther) my early impressions are very favorable. The battles, so far, are fun, yet challenging. The various side quests and bounties don't seem to take too much backtracking (at least so far, I completed all in Ding Dong Dell and have only one more in Al Mamoon) and the animation style I am in love with! I do have one small question though. Should I hoard the treats for later familiars or are they pretty easy to come by (I know I can buy them but money does seem to be a bit sparse so far)? Anyhow, so far I am loving this game, and hopefully the love fest continues, although it seldom does it seems, lol.

Everything's Eventual
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2013, 08:38:54 AM »

Late to the party as usual, but after @15 hours in (and yes, I take my time playing games, just now "recruited" Esther) my early impressions are very favorable. The battles, so far, are fun, yet challenging. The various side quests and bounties don't seem to take too much backtracking (at least so far, I completed all in Ding Dong Dell and have only one more in Al Mamoon) and the animation style I am in love with! I do have one small question though. Should I hoard the treats for later familiars or are they pretty easy to come by (I know I can buy them but money does seem to be a bit sparse so far)? Anyhow, so far I am loving this game, and hopefully the love fest continues, although it seldom does it seems, lol.

Same here, absolutely LOVING this game so far. The combat system is just wonderful, the beautiful animation is just a bonus. But I know a lot of folks have issues later and I've got a long way to go. :-D

But so far? It's just great.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2013, 10:11:02 AM »

Bytor, everything I've seen says that you can feed your familiars all you want, you probably won't run out.  My issue on that front has been more that I've changed familiars frequently since I got to start catching them.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »

The stat bonuses are fairly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things so I wouldn't worry about it.  The most important part of the food is getting the familiarity hearts up so you can gain an extra skill slot.  Honestly the starting familiars work pretty well.  I kept mine in the active party and still use Mitey even though I'm at the end of the game. 

Money eases up pretty quick as long as you don't overstock on things.  Equipment is often found in dungeons so I wouldn't worry too much if there's equipment you can't afford.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: