Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 02:24:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337838 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author Topic: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch  (Read 23120 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2013, 02:07:12 PM »

Well I sat down to finish this last night.... Man, talk about bitter sweet....

This has been one of the most enjoyable RPGs of this gen for me but I feel cheated in that ending..... now I gotta make my way through the post game stuff just because I just can't leave it on that note.....

I think I am going to have to make a gaming schedule for myself to accomodate the post game content on weekends or something (gaming schedules have worked great in the past for me.... I would have never got through Rorona otherwise)......... Persona 2 has my attention now... I am officially  Ni-No'ed out folks......

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2013, 11:37:26 PM »

I really like how new familiars catch up fairly quickly and you can just use whoever you think looks coolest. The ton of sidequests makes it feel like there's always something to do too. Just some improvements to AI and pathfinding would've been really useful.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2013, 12:48:38 AM »

I don't know how far you are in the game, but I definitely don't feel like they catch up quickly.  I'm currently stopped, grinding for a while to get my party back up to level 30 or so after morphing a few of our familiars to new forms.

I definitely agree about the AI and pathfinding, though.  My teammates are idiots.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »

my party is in their mid 40s level-wise. As for exp, you find an island with a dragon quest- metal slime equivalent that gives 2000 xp, been grinding on those.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »

Toko, sir. You appear to be on Ugly Duck Island, I think it was called. When you get to Billy Goat's Bluff, you can fight their first evolution, Tokotokos. 12k exp a kill.

TASTY!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2013, 12:18:27 PM »

Ah, thanks.  I will search out those islands.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2013, 12:22:15 PM »

Ah, thanks.  I will search out those islands.
Actually, tooker, the comment was meant for kofvscapcom, but I hope you find it useful too. The enemy name is Toko. Looks like a little ugly blob with legs and arms and a stick in it's no-hands hand.

TASTY!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2013, 02:34:51 PM »

supposedly it's meant to look like totoro, I kind of see the resemblance in the eyes and body shape. I guess I'll have to see the later forms.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »

frogs...my party all got turned into frogs, lol

Everything's Eventual
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2013, 08:23:48 PM »

Got an email from my parents today saying my copy of the WE had arrived.....with an extra $24 HST surcharge.

Fuck Canada.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »

I meant to post this yesterday but totally forgot!

I just wanted to quickly say I really liked the little editorial about Ni No Kuni that just went up. Very insightful and, dare I say, philosophic musing over the experience of playing Ni No Kuni and getting in touch with what we truly want. The point that really knocked it out the park, in a manner of speaking, for me was summarized in the last leg of the writing...

Admitting that might mean confronting something quite painful about the nature of life, but if we wake up and open our eyes — start to see clearly for once and live better — we can begin to enjoy what is and not what was.

Brilliantly stated... and I totally agree!

The realization came to me years ago as I initially hated the current gen because of what happened to the JRPG. To make a long story short, once I came to the conclusion that no matter what game they make now it would not rewind the clock to the mid 90's, it all of the sudden became much easier to digest and appreciate some of the weird niche titles I have ended up falling in love with.

Kudos on the writing good sir!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »

I'm with you. I still like JRPGs in general, but I think Kyle absolutely nails it. I don't even agree with some of his examples and yet I still think it's a good point. Thanks a lot for commenting on it!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »

I have seen this somewhere I don't remember now, but in short the (whatever it was) said that many RPG fans (as is my case) go to the for the story but these days you don't need to go to an RPG specifically when you want to get invested in a world. Sure there are other things in RPG, just as they still appeal to us to this day, but one big point is lost, I mean, not lost but it can be achieved in other genres just as well.

No no Kuni is a game I'm liking but I'm sure I would have liked it more some time ago. I still have fun every time I play it but it just doesn't pull me in like some others do.
I liked the editorial a lot myself, I'm just in a somewhat random spot where I can't be sure if an RPG will grab me or not. I don't know if the thing are the mechanics or the characters or whatever. Some games like P4Golden, Etrian Odyssey 4, Totori and Meruru, Dark Souls and FFXIII-2 I can play for hours and not even remember when I started while others like Ni no Knui I do have a good time but I don't have an urge to play all the time.

On the other hand, at least the Ni no Kuni type, at least I feel I can play while doing something else, If I need to go out in a certain time for some reason, I can grind a bit for money or familiars and it is still fun to do so.

In the end, we longtime fans of JRPGs should just lower ours expectations a bit, at least that's what I'm doing as there's no magic recipe for a good JRPG.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2013, 02:52:41 PM »

I just finished the game a few minutes ago. I'll have to wait a bit for my final impressions to set in but overall I had a blast playing the game. And WOW, that last boss battle was intense! Damn spikes and satellite things drove me crazy!

Everything's Eventual
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2013, 03:03:49 PM »

I just finished the game a few minutes ago. I'll have to wait a bit for my final impressions to set in but overall I had a blast playing the game. And WOW, that last boss battle was intense! Damn spikes and satellite things drove me crazy!

Right now IMO it is a GotY contender, although I think I've got an uphill battle there... :-D

Still not completed, no idea how far to go, but enjoying it immensely. Wonderful battle system with a fantastic mix of old and new, wonderful story... I keep waiting for it to all fall apart, but it just hasn't happened yet.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: