Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 07:47:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327876 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Abrams set to direct Star Wars VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Abrams set to direct Star Wars VII  (Read 3953 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 01:38:34 PM »

My hope is that they just don't use classic trilogy characters and recast them.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 02:14:28 PM »

From what I've heard, they're going to do a 30-40 year time jump, and have aged versions of the characters IN the movie, but not as a focal point. Which I think is a good way to handle it.

Since we can't get the Thrawn trilogy as a movie series :(

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 07:44:17 PM »

From what I've heard, they're going to do a 30-40 year time jump, and have aged versions of the characters IN the movie, but not as a focal point. Which I think is a good way to handle it.

Funny thing, I think that's what a lot of people have said they would've preferred as how the prequels were handled too.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2013, 03:45:27 AM »

I barely watched old Star Trek, only #4.
That new one is supposedly a prequel, but it looks like their design sense went backwards in time, as if it were done by Apple.
It looks too futuristic and streamlined for being a prequel.
But about Star Wars.
This article has some excellent ideas in its comments

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2013, 12:26:10 AM »

Get ready for lens flares in your Star Wars movie.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2013, 01:29:00 AM »

That'd ruin it for sure.

Honestly, just make one in the future with a new plot and cast but in the same universe (which is a weird phrase to say when referencing a sci-fi space series).  Maybe bring back an old Han Solo or Leia for quick cameos, but I'd rather a fresh take to the series (truthfully, I thought old Spock was a pretty cool plot point in 2009 J.J. Star Trek).

The series has a wonderful concept and lore, I'd rather something newer that expands on that and less on the previous saga.... it's been done.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2013, 07:43:51 AM »

That'd ruin it for sure.

Honestly, just make one in the future with a new plot and cast but in the same universe (which is a weird phrase to say when referencing a sci-fi space series).  Maybe bring back an old Han Solo or Leia for quick cameos, but I'd rather a fresh take to the series (truthfully, I thought old Spock was a pretty cool plot point in 2009 J.J. Star Trek).

The series has a wonderful concept and lore, I'd rather something newer that expands on that and less on the previous saga.... it's been done.

The problem though is that the old saga isn't done yet. For instance, the New Republic hasn't been established yet. Additionally, despite their losses during the battle of the second Death Star, neither the Empire or the remaining Sith been cleared out yet (and one of their plans is to bring back the Emperor via, not one, but two clones of him). And then there's what the main characters do during all of this, which I'll abstain from posting due to possible spoiler reasons.

But yeah, if the second trilogy had dealt with episodes 7-9 instead of 1-3 it wouldn't have been so bad but at this point the original actors are all too old at this point unless they make it like 30 years into the future and change some of the plotted details around.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: