Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334828 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Leaked
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Leaked  (Read 1582 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2013, 07:27:44 PM »

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2225-kingdom-hearts-1.5-hd-localization-leaked-by-voice-actor

Interesting...

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 07:38:25 PM »

A little surprised but not totally.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:58:48 PM »

It's exciting.  That means we're getting Final Mix?

omg omg... I had like the biggest teen crush on Jesse McCartney.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »

Not really shocked we're likely getting this.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 10:59:58 PM »

Now we can all fight
Code:
Xemnas in KH1! It's the coolest boss fight in the game, for those of you that haven't played it.

Now, they really need to localize KH2.5, so we can get HD ports of KH2FM+ and BBS, because those are the two best games in the series.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:43 PM »

OH MY GOD CAUTION THROWN TO WIND I MUST HAVE IT NEW KINGDOM HEARTS BOX ART ASPDFKGJASDLGJAS;D

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 11:50:35 PM »

Sora's Game of Thrones (Kingdom Thrones?) badass pose up there.

I'm sad to say I'm more excited for the 2.5 Final Mix (but I am really happy we are finally getting the Final Mix versions....2-10 years later).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:02:10 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »

I am extremely happy I held off on ever jumping into the kingdom hearts series now... the hd-ps3 release may just be what I need to get over my disney-phobia and give the franchise a shot

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 04:42:38 PM »

The plot becomes less and less Disney-centric the deeper into the series you get. I find that sad and awful, but if you're not a fan of Disney, it could mean things get better and better :)

Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 05:36:25 PM »

That's some really sexy box art. I'm not really interested in playing KH1 again, but if it's Final Mix, I'll be a lot more excited.

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »

I'll certainly play through the first one again with trophy support and HD graphics! I haven't played that game since it launched on the PS2. I beat it and never played it again (still have it too).

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 10:03:35 PM »

I hope they don't replace Lance Bass as Sephiroth.  That's at the top of my list for "strangest choices for VAs that somehow it works really well."  I do think they'll replace Mandy Moore as Aeris, which is unfortunate, because I think she did a much better job than Mena Suvari.

Also, that's an absolutely stunning cover, definitely reminiscent of the first game's OST.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:08 PM »

The only game in the series that stood above mediocrity (at best) in my mind is KH2. Don't get me wrong, when the first KH was released I was totally onboard. I really liked the idea of mashing up the Disney/Square characters as they seemed so disparate, but somehow worked really well together. The first game was charming, if flawed with its repetitive enemies and generic combat system. It sounds like the combat was revamped a la KH2, and I do give them props for that. KH2 fixed everything that was wrong with the first game, and even though you had to play Chain of Memories to really know what was happening, it was a pretty great game. Unfortunately Square Enix has a problem with taking good ideas, good game mechanics, and good characters and ruining them with overly complex, inane plots that only make sense if you play all of the games in the series. Some of which were meh, if not downright bad.

I think Square Enix has reached an impasse with the series. Side stories. Remakes and rereleases. No KH3. To me it seems this release is just their attempt at keeping the series on gamers' radars until they figure out where to take the series in the future. And honestly, it has been seven years since KH2, and each year that goes by without any news makes the possibility of KH3 seem more and more remote.

I concede I can't comment on Dream Drop Distance since I haven't played it...haven't even seen it really, but it seems to have received pretty positive reviews, so maybe I'm wrong. I'd be happy if I'm wrong because despite my dislike of the side stories I'd probably give KH3 a try.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 01:13:54 AM »

If anything I think you potentially have the progression of development backwards.

I'm quite willing to bet there has been a very clear plot line for the KH1-3 story as far back as when 2 began development. You don't write a trilogy story's middle without at least some idea of where you're going/what you're doing in the end. However SE, even at that time already beginning to see their old flagships' stability (Final Fantasy and the ever widening division each post VII title has been creating, Star Ocean and the disaster that is every game post II, ect.) crumbling away, immediately recognized the 'cash cow' potential of this franchise from day one.

Multiple ties ins, merchandising, there was no way they would allow the original creators to just 'get away' with a 1, 2, 3 operation. Everything outside of the main numbered stories has pretty much had 'executive meddling' written all over it. It's not that they, the creators, don't know what to do with KH. It's that they're not being allowed to do what they want.

Personally I think even the jingle of that one extra yen isn't even enough anymore for SE to ignore the creaking of KH's support strains giving way under the massive slough of side-content they've been piling on. I would say these re-releases are a build up to KH3's inevitable release. They're going to make a huge deal out of it, utilize these re-dos as a form of 'count down' and make a massive parade out of it, turn KH 3 into the 'new FF VII' in terms of fiscal and public receptions. (As SE has pretty much publicly admitted they use VII as the base line for 'How well are we doing?' for goodness knows what reason. ~_~ )

And then finally with KH 3 out expect years of DLC (Got a new Disney moving coming out that needs advertising? There's your new DLC summon.), post end-side stories ( maybe not even within the same genre, ala Dirge of Cerberus), trans-gaming content (animations, movies, ect.), and so on. They will do it; mark my words.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:22:30 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: