Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2015, 02:27:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
352852 Posts in 14364 Topics by 2254 Members
Latest Member: dharkhades
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Movies that make you cry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Movies that make you cry  (Read 1094 times)
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 11:34:45 PM »

Real movies for some reason don't get me emotional. Only games, anime/manga stuff and music do. Maybe the most I felt was with the original Star Wars trilogy. Not because I felt sad or anything. It was a combination of other things from the sense of adventure to lovable characters to the iconic moments. Tragedies are ok, but for me getting emotional is more about other things that are somewhat hard to describe. If I'd have to say I appreciate things that make me feel full more than things that make me feel empty, though that is a somewhat rare occurrence.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:36:30 PM by mecharobot » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 12:10:10 AM »

I actually understand what you mean. I'm more likely to get worked up and/or misty-eyed over powerful "happy" moments rather than your typical sad stuff. Give me something heroic and amazing and I'm mush. Kill off a character or two, and I hardly bat an eye.
That;s why "You bow to no one" gets me so much.
Heck, think back to the original Transformers movie. I didn't really cry at Optimus death(I came close, though), but what really worked me up was when he showed and just started kicking ass all over the place. That scene, and the accompanying music, inspire me to this day. Heroism. Maybe I secretly wish to be a hero? Or to do heroic things? Don't we all, in a way?

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 03:18:18 AM »

I'm with you guys on The Green Mile. There's a lot of sob spots in that movie but the end when he's talking about his own personal green mile and a little buddy dies.

Rachel Getting Married made me cry.... because that is the worst piece of shit I have ever seen. I'd rather watch Battlefield Earth than that conceited heap of dung
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 05:07:35 AM »

Grave of the Fireflies, American History X, and the Green Mile are the big three.
Gladiator, Braveheart, and Shawshank Redemption (Brooks) are the second big three.
Interstellar made me tear up slightly.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »

The latest episode of Parks and Rec (Leslie and Ron)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 11:40:52 AM »

The only movie that made me cry the first time I watched it is Grave of the Fireflies.

Unfortunately, since my mom passed away a few years ago, I now can't watch movies where moms die without crying. Now I have to avoid even childhood classics that I love like Bambi and The Land Before Time. Finding Neverland is also one I can't watch any longer (not that I seek it out).

I actually cried during the opening scene of Guardians of the Galaxy. My mom passed away as a result of cancer, so that was way too close to home. I was sobbing in the theater. Luckily I was laughing and enjoying myself like everyone else not long afterward.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 12:53:41 PM »

I am definitely with some of you guys where you get emotional at the big heroic moments more so than the sad ones. That is how I usually am.

Except when someone is upset about an animal death. That gets me in movies. The movie that even thinking about makes me cry is the original Where the Red Fern Grows. I remember watching it in school and I started bawling like a baby.

Edit. Also any scene of a military funeral or funeral that plays TAPS
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:40:03 PM by Daggerstrike » Logged

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2015, 01:54:23 AM »

That final charge in The Last Samurai was pretty emotional for me.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »

I actually cried during the opening scene of Guardians of the Galaxy. My mom passed away as a result of cancer, so that was way too close to home. I was sobbing in the theater. Luckily I was laughing and enjoying myself like everyone else not long afterward.

I'm sorry Jimmy. Glad the rest of the flick was much more enjoyable; hell I can't relate on the same level as you, but the opening was definitely super sad and too soon to hit with that punch.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Meredius
My turntable wants to eat me!

meredius@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 12:12:27 PM »

Interesting thread. Hmmm...

The Green Mile - also.
Murder in the First - this was, at the time, the first movie I saw on a big 50 inch screen.
The Last Samurai - Watanabe stole the movie from Cruise IMO.
The GodFather PArt 3 - when Al let's out that scream... but it was more like a tear.
American History X
Gattaca had a powerful ending scene.

Hmmm I'm probably forgetting here.... nothing recent comes to mind though. That's sad.... is it me or the state of the industry? :)

Side chains squash the bass
Blast this ship into outer space
You a Pac-Man bitch on the old Atari
We grand theft auto in a hot Ferrari

-The Crystal Method - Sine Language
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2015, 07:56:00 PM »

I should update myself with Chappie.

Seriously, go watch it.