Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2016, 01:02:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
238793 Posts in 7099 Topics by 2356 Members
Latest Member: Ninja Bear
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Marvel Super-Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Marvel Super-Thread  (Read 5477 times)
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 09:38:07 AM »

Yeah, I mean not for nothing, isn't he about on par with Captain America strength-wise? They put Hawkeye and Black Widow in and they're both more or less useless after a short while. At least spider man can pick up a fiat....probably.

Dude Spider Man is strong as hell. It's been like 15 years since I read any Spidey books but even I know that.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Strength_Scale

According to this he can lift 10 tons.

That's pretty damn strong
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »

Yeah, I mean not for nothing, isn't he about on par with Captain America strength-wise? They put Hawkeye and Black Widow in and they're both more or less useless after a short while. At least spider man can pick up a fiat....probably.
Hawkeye is an Avenger and that is quite honestly the only thing he is really associated with in comics as far as I can recall. Likewise Black Widow was heavily tied to Avengers to a period in 60s/70s. Looking at the news reports though it seems that with Spiderman he will be making an appearance in Captain America before getting a solo film in 2017.

I can see it now....

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 03:56:59 PM »

Dude Spider Man is strong as hell. It's been like 15 years since I read any Spidey books but even I know that.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Strength_Scale

According to this he can lift 10 tons.

That's pretty damn strong
The comics have his strength rating in the 10 ton range, but in a lot of media there are jokes about how strong he actually is. I remember in the 90s cartoon when he got the symbiote suit, he made a crack about how he could barely tip a station wagon before, and with the symbiote he was lifting armored trucks over his head. Cap's also in the 10 ton range iirc. (Edit note, I looked it up and I was wrong, he's 2 ton range at most)

Marvel's strength meters are a bit lame though. They have the hulk in the same class as the thing, but hulk's upper limits make the thing a joke.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:11:15 PM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 04:40:42 PM »

Read the whole thing. They have multiple listings for the hulk depending on how pissed he is. They list him in the incalculable range too
EmeraldSword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 05:07:58 PM »

I know, let's ask our power expert. Vegeta.... what does the scouter say about Spiderman's power level?

;)

Formerly OG, OrsonFury. Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 05:51:22 PM »

Read the whole thing. They have multiple listings for the hulk depending on how pissed he is. They list him in the incalculable range too
That's why I find it kind of lame. There shouldn't be multiple listings of the same character, except in cases where it's the same name of a different hero, like the many thousands of green lanterns or in the case of marvel, the different ghost riders. I mean the hulk is the hulk at the end of the day. His upper limits should be where he's classed, not at different stages of rage ( color I'll throw a bone to because he pretty mucb is a different hulk at that point). Also, has the hulk buster armor from Iron Man ever actually beaten the hulk?

TASTY!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: